Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Going for a drive

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe takes Vanessa to a small Chinese restaurant, whereupon he gets out, and goes to talk to the manager, in some asian tongue (Hmong) The manager nods, smiles, and shakes Joe's hand, before showing Joe a backroom.

"Come on, this place has great pots." Joe says, before going through the beeded curtain.

Venessa looks around, wondering how Joe has connections here but follows him to a table and sits down. She orders a coke and waits for the waitress to leave before turning back to Joe.

"So, you think there is something important in there?" She asks, motioning to his jacket.

If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe nods. "For a long time now, I have had suspicions of corruption in the police force. And i'm not talking about a crooked cop. I think its not just the homicide department either. I'm willing to bet my life savings that vice has it too. But its not just those two, i think the whole force is corrupted. There is something at the base turning this police force into the laughingstock of the coast. For years now I have been slowly collecting evidence; little things. Missing case files, lost evidence, and other things. When I was on the beat I chronicled bad detectives and others who contaminated scenes."

Joe sighs.

"The problem is, I don't know if I can trust you. After all, you came to me, not the other way around. So you could be working against me. So I want to ask you, Venessa Blas, whom do you serve? Tell me quickly, because I have my pistol under the table, and its pointed at you. Now look me in the eye and answer truthfully: Do you work for them? Do you serve the corruption? Or do you fight against them?"

Joe's hands are conspiciously below the table.

Venessa sighs, shaking her head and leans forward.

"Next time, if you're going to bluff, make sure it's with someone who can't tell. And, to answer your question, no. I thought I worked for the Police Department of Sacramento. But now I am beginning to wonder whose job it is we're doing. Besides ours, of course. But lately it seems we have the entire weight of the Homicide Divison on our shoulders as we are the only ones who actually do our job. Besides Carson, of course. So Joe, what's the plan?"

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe stares impassively at her, then his face twitches. A half smile begins to form. Then he starts laughing. Laughing hysterically. On and on, till just before he runs out of breath. Then he starts crying, loudly bawling.

Venessa smiles as Joe begins to laugh, not really sure if she is supposed to laugh with him or not. Her expression turns to alarm however, when he begins to cry.

She stands and goes to his chair kneeling beside it. She takes him in her arms, rubbing his back and making statements of calm reassurance in spanish.

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe smiles, stilll Crying. He tries speaking a few times, before giving up. After a few minutes, he composes himself.

"So, the plan." Joe Sighs.
    "Basicly we have to dig. See how deep this goes. I'm sure everyone else in homicide is in on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Carson is as well. Who do you think is in on it in Vice?" His voice doesn't waver, he doesn't sniffle or dry his eyes. He's back to his old self.

Venessa lets go of him and goes back to her seat, composing herself as well.

Good thing I can get into his head and not the other way around.

"I am almost positive Vice is in on it. I don't know about Carson though, his hands may just be tied. But, yes, we need to dig. This may go higher then we expect though so we need to be careful. Can't do much if we get kicked off the job."

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

"Goddamn I wish Kordeki wasn't on vacation. This sort of stuff is right up his alley." Joe sighs.

"Alright, lets break it down, What is the cap for how high this goes?" The waitress comes in.
    O'Connel doesn't miss a beat, and speaks his order to her:
    "Zaub Ntsuag Dawb kib xyaw Nqaij Npuas. Nqaij Qaib Hau xyaw tshuaj." She smiles and leaves.

Joe Connell
    Joe Connell

Joe's phone rings. He glances at Vanessa, his eyes say "work is never over" and then answer it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last