Context...

Asa glanced at the clock in his car again. He didn't have much time. He ground gears, and ran lights as he raced back to The Clare.

No time, I just need a little time...

He understood that Gabriel had done something to him... he had no idea what... and knowing didn't make it any less effective.

BullSHIT we don't feel emotions. We feel fear.

Anger, too. Asa had almost Frenzied when he realized what Marcus had done... not to return and help, but in sheer rage that he had twisted his feelings for Ishani so.

He wanted to call her, or text her... but phones could be traced. He couldn't let her know where he was. She might... get him.

Slamming on the brakes in front of the hotel, he ran in, the smell of burnt rubber and brake dust filling the air. Running through the halls, he didn't give a FUCK what kind of stares he was getting. He was running out of time.

The only way he could pull this off was knowing she wouldn't be here, or even arrive in time to see him leave... and follow him.

So... he was running out of time.

Bursting into the ballroom, he grabbed a vase with a flower arrangement, and started running for the elevator.

Tick tock.

The elevator down was agonizing. Slow. Using his time. She had to deal with Marcus. Then drive here. He had figured... what, a guaranteed five minutes? That was all he could convince himself of. Any more, and the fear overrode him.

The elevator dinged, and he ran into their Haven, glancing at his watch. He had less than a minute of his five left. He tore through his desk, grabbing a pen and stationary. Slamming the vase down on the coffee table --panic-- as he had to right it, he hastily scrawled on the stationary.

Tick tock.

I'll be back.

But he was free now. His time was up, but he was done, and he laughed at the fear that gripped him as he ran.

Can't get a room here... she might find me. She doesn't know about the rooms at the Lily. I'll be safe there.