Ended
Watch

Inner Thoughts

THREADID

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh shakes her head. "No no West! I did not do that on purpose. I would never do that on purpose. I was just concentrating so hard on the Adamant Way and of course that made me think of you because you are my teacher and then I started thinking about dresses and Seers of the Throne, and being lonely......I did not even realize they weren't my thoughts until you started thinking about me-" She cuts herself off as she realizes how horrible and insensitive she is being.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that either." She mumbles, looking at her hands.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West's eyes went wide and his face drained of color. Not that.

"Please don't ever mention Seers again. Just... forget about them," he said, barely above a whisper, and then turned and left.

They won't take someone from me again.

Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Oh I so do not think so!

She is up and off the bed and after him in two seconds. "Oh no, I don't think so. You don't get to just say something like that and leave. No. You talk to me. Right now. What is going on?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West slowed and turned. "What's 'going on'? What's going on is you want to talk about something I don't talk about. Just because you stumbled on my private thoughts does not give you the right to ask for an explanation."

How can I make her understand?

West reached out and put his hands on her shoulders. "They took something from me, once. Someone." His brow furrowed as he thought about what to say. "I don't want that to happen again... so I need you to just forget about them, OK? We can talk about whatever you want to talk about, but we don't talk about that."

He tried to convey his seriousness as he looked at her. He had let her push him on a lot of things, but this wasn't going to be one of them.
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh nods. "Oh ok. That's fine. Good night then."

She turns and heads back to her room, closing the door none too quietly behind her.

She walks across the room and opens the top drawer of her desk, pulling out her MP3 player. She is exhausted and just does not have the energy to attempt to get West to do anything. He doesn't want to talk, that is just fine with her. She doesn't really want to hear it right now anyway.

Of course, that angry, hurt knot in her stomach says otherwise, but that can easily be ignored. Why not? She's done it every night since she moved into this house. She is almost so used to that knot, she barely even notices it.

Putting the head phones in her ears she turns on the player and turns the volume on full blast. She doesn't want to hear knocking on her door, or footsteps stomping back down the hall. She is choosing not to care this time.

She lays down on her bed and turns out the light. Snuggling up with a warm, soft blanket, she attempts to let her exhaustion take her.

Closed Thread