Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa smiled and waved to Lioni as she left, and notices that Martin in the only Kindred remaining. In spite of the faux pas with Seraphina, he had at least taken to supporting his family.

"Yes, please," Asa said. Leading Neil upstairs to the office, he pulled the small audio tape out of his pocket and set it on the desk.

"'Important people have the best secrets'," he recited from memory. "Indeed. I had a secret, which I told you. Which you told Antoinette. My secret."

Asa approached Neil, and could feel his Beast starting to surge. "I have given you an opportunity. I have told no one of my connection with this club, and left you the praise and accolades. Yet this is how you would repay me? For what?" He nearly spat the last word.

"You would risk your status within the family and the humiliation of me throwing you back out on the street as a failure for an Unreleased Neonate? One who didn't even bother to show up tonight?"

Asa smoothed his face back into an impassive mask. "You need to consider what you're doing with your Requiem... and who you're doing it with. If you break faith with me again, I'll find someone else who can get the job done."

Leaning closer, he enunciated each word clearly, "And I'll fucking stake you myself and stick you in my closet for a month or so to get your shit together."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

d
    defarious

Unconsciously Neil found himself taking a step back, he had not expected this. Taking a few moments to collect himself Neil watched Asa as he tried not to let his composure drop he was a lord after all. Taking in a deep breath he considered his next words very carefully knowing he was about to walk a fine line, if he took the verbal lashing like a helpless pup he would find himself as Asa's little bitch for a long time but if he was too forceful he might not live to see the next night.

Neil met Asa's eyes and stood a little straighter as he replied. "Priscus Asa, I admit I misstepped in saying such things to Antoinette. I told her the club is for collecting secrets and I was wrong to do so, however I told her nothing of our methods or your attachment to the club. The remark was made in passing and I am sure that I gave her... other things to think on."

He watched Asa closely as he readies himself to say the rest. "I understand your anger but would also warn you of "Replacing me" for even though you would have no difficulty in getting rid of me if "my" club suddenly shifts owner to a second person with ties to you then your cover shall be blown to all but the most oblivious Kindred."

"From now on I shall guard my tongue more closely but I feel we need to come to an agreement, as one of the only unaligned Ventrue members in the city I answer only to you and the prince, So I think that my uncompromisable loyalty is a great benefit to you and I feel we can both gain a significant amount from a mutual arrangement " he spoke calmly even though his inner beast wanted only to beg for forgiveness

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa nodded. "As long as we understand one another... and something like this doesn't happen again." Pausing, he gave Neil a curious look. "Do you understand the relationship between a Sire and Childe?"

He realized Neil was young, but was under the impression that he had a 'proper' education from his Sire... but maybe he didn't understand that he was risking Quinton's ire. Either way, pursuing an Unreleased Childe was bad form.

Asa was under no delusion that Quinton could, and would, handle it as he saw fit... but 'family' tension was his concern, and one of the last things they needed.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

d
    defarious

Neil nods glad he seems to avoid disaster, "I was a childe once although from what I've seen around here I think my sire gave me a longer leash then usually accepted."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa managed not to sigh. He didn't think Neil was catching what he was trying to say, and it wasn't any of his business so far. Perhaps he was wrong, perhaps Neil would find out, but he was confident Neil understood his main concern.

"It doesn't really matter," he said dismissively. "Let's go back downstairs and enjoy the night. I assume you and Lady Dupree worked something out about the menu... just remember to tell your doorman who is who."

Asa smiled for the first time, adding, "It would help if you didn't forget, either." How the hell you pulled a man out of the air off of some chains, listened to him prophesize, and then forgot him? He had no idea.

Darren Nash

PRE

The club was doing quite well, Darren thought to himself, making another pass round its interior, checking security and such like, ordering a second juice while passing. He couldn't see Neil anywhere and so went back outside to make sure the queue was behaving in a proper manner.

Blowing into his hands as he stepped out into the crisp, late night, Darren took up position once again, thinking the job was going ok.

d
    defarious

Neil nods and follows Asa back down "Yes she has generously offered to give my menu a boost once I make a few changes and help her with a small problem. And yes I'll make sure the doorman learns and that I don't forget, I'd hate to have to replace him if he upset the wrong guest."

As they make it back downstairs Neil gives Asa a small bow "If you'll excuse me I must continue to play host and make sure everything is alright." Making his rounds Neil greets the guest with a friendly face and watches them making mental notes for future use.

It's calmed down; not nearly as many Kindred here now. While he was getting to see what the clientele would be like, every one else seems to have left. Ah, well, Martin thinks. I ought to be on my way anyhow. Still need to go meet the Seneschal...
    Threading his way to the door he sees Neil and Asa; he pauses for a moment, then decides to leave them to their business. He makes for the door, appraising the doorman for just a moment on his way out.

Darren Nash

PRE

"..."

Darren simply nods towards the man leaving the bar and glances at his watch, checking to see the time. He wasn't feeling tired in the slightest, he'd gone for 24 hours without sleep before, it was just a thing he found himself doing, a way of controlling the butterflies that were ever present with jobs like these. So far, this gig seemed ok, and apart from the tattooed bloke earlier the patrons had all acted according to club rules. If only he had a chance to chat to Aura again; she was hot, he thought.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread