Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
What's Your Character?

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Technique

So, i know i have my own reasons for playing Larry and Starflower, and ive had fun reasons behind all of my other characters ive had. What im curious about is, what do you like about your characters? What made you interested in playing them? Have you enjoyed watching them grow and giving you the ability to flesh out their story a bit more?

Starflower: My first table top character ever was a Rahu Boneshadow, and there were things that i did with him id rather have not, and things i wouldve liked to try, had the character lived longer. So, i figured it was time to ressurect some of his character sheet, but change his story. Starflower was born, and ive been having fun re-discovering the Shadow, wheeling and dealing with spirits, and bulking him up to cover for his role.

Larry: I have an incredibly blunt personality. It shows at some of the oddest (and worst) times, and i really cant help it most of the time. So, having a highly political character, who needs to tiptoe around the tulips, is TRULY challenging for me. I CAN be pretty good at it...and besides, it sort of helps me work on people skills. sort of?

And besides, youve seen how great of a start ive gotten off to on that (cue Eternal Court thread)

Discuss.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

West: my first nwod character, started out as a Mortal in our TT who Awoken. Ran in the TT until that game broke up, then another year on a different pbp site until that folded, then ended up here. I love the fact that he has literally years of IC history, and a fairly detailed backstory which I still flesh out periodically. Like most of my characters, he's hamstrung in very subtle ways and I always enjoy playing him.

Asa: my first Vampire. I was originally asked to make him to help populate the venue here, and knew nothing about the game/system. He's a Ventrue because there was only 1 other PC Ventrue and that's what was needed I very much enjoy having a character that's a planner and which I can get convoluted in my scheming with. He also rarely uses Powers which I find amusing and like West, he has grown to have a lot of IC history which I really value.

Nightfall: very much like Asa. The old ST asked me to make a character to populate the venue, so I made a silly Fairest. It's been a labor of love as we went through several STs before FC & CW and I was also pushed into restoring his voice (he was a mute) which I didn't like at all, but he still has a special place with me because he's my Toon Of No Consequence. He doesn't run anything, it doesn't matter if he's active or not, and he's sort of a 'pressure valve' for me.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Well, this is quite awkward. This site is my first experience with nWoD, and I kinda jumped without looking, and so had several attempts with numerous characters. Even now, I'm dropping toons when they get to a point that I am simply too burned out to play them anymore. However, out of all the characters that I have created, the following two still stand out:

Terri Nutkins: My second changeling here, who has grown to be my favourite character by a mile, and helped me to explore the venue to the point I was so obssessed, when I was asked to ST, I simply could not say no. Fiesty, yes, but willing to help, she is really my social character, and the one to try and get on with everyone.

Vincent Bailey: Ah, my werewolf. A neurotic, jealous, bitter, chain-smoking, motor-mouth. He is my pressure valve, the one character I really feel like I can cut loose with, even if it does mean playing the fool (like holding Gwen's hand.....PA loves that ), getting in a scrap, or trying to put his mind to a problem.

4. Likes West liked this post

Ruby: she came from a combination of a young woman I knew from college and the wonderful customer team I worked with down in Arlington, Texas. They had this in-suppressable joy and go-get-em attitude. But they also have this Faith which allows for a moral system whose landscape is utterly alien to me. I just don't understand it, but when I play the Rubester right, I can get snippets of insight into the minds of these fascinating people. She's meant to be a foil to the Gothic-Horror tone of nWoD.

Nela: I wanted to fuck with people and Grobbler wasn't social enough. She's meant to represent the dark side of Spring, the embodiment of want, rather than its facilitator. Lost had a few too many robots with battle axes and not enough bittersweet cruel beauty. Interestingly enough, Alice did a damn good job of illustrating that point after I took my last long break.

Goddammit, this is too much Estrogen for me. I fucking miss Dicky.

6. Likes West liked this post

Jack O. Falley: my first attempt at playing a WoD game of any sort. I decided to go with Mage to start because it seemed the least dark setting to me, and I've always liked playing casters in action RPGs and D&D 3.5. In hindsight, I made a mistake in making him too much like myself (a near copy), which made me overly defensive of things that happened to him. If I get a chance in November, I plan to bring him back under PA's ST-ship with more differences to his character so I'm not so closely attached to his well-being and so I can actually have fun playing him.

Xerxia: After some coaxing from Kel and some reading of the rules, I made this toon to have a more fantastic character to play, in contrast to Jack above. I built her as close to being a High Elf Rogue as I could, one who came from a part of Arcadia ruled by a Fae who played RL D&D (not LARP, mind) with his stolen people, molding them into their favorite characters. While I originally meant to make her mostly a combat monkey, I'm also having a bit of fun with her actually messing around in social areas, too, since Jack is a nerd who needs to be coaxed into social situations, for the most part, until those situations become habitual.

Marcus Evan: My first(and favorite) character. I used Marcus to learn my way around PbP, nWoD, and Changeling. He's basically an exploration of my own inner frat boy/lager lout waking up one day and realizing that he's all grown up and needs to start acting like it.

Doctor Jack: He comes out of my desire to play a darker character who isn't such a boy scout. While his actions probably seem fairly altruistic, his motivations are another matter entirely. What those motivations are, only time will tell...

Monica Forrester: She is my smart and sassy little darling. There is a little bit of every strong woman I've ever known distilled into her. Although I originally came up with her just to help West with his reboot of the Mortals venue, I've enjoyed playing her far more than I ever thought I would.

9. Likes West liked this post

Ciara Maskelyne

Max: Max is my standart first time Vamp. I've never been one for the combat monkey, so I'm usually drawn to the Mekhet, Max being a character I had run for about 2 months in a table top game that sunk like the Titanic. I wanted a chance to keep the character going and see where he went; and I'm pleased with the progress so far. He originally was going to be much more of a kiss ass, but there haven't been many that have stayed in power, so now he's more of a smart ass. ^_^ He also tends to be a bit of a Mary Sue, in that I often wonder how I would handle a situation. Take the "sexting" post for instance. Damned if I knew it would work, but it was still funny.

Ciara: My little Ventrue is my attempt at a social character. All and all I'm not sure how well I'm doing with her, but she isn't dead yet so we'll see where it goes. She has a lot more that goes on internally verses Max, so it's hard sometimes to really let the personality come through on her.

Martien: An experiment that confirms I still suck at Werewolf.

Goddammit, this is too much Estrogen for me. I fucking miss Dicky.
    Oh, we all miss Dicky. Or, more accurately, his mother. (And let me just add that Ruby's Glimpses can be very awesome. I like seeing bits of the odd cosmology she's created, not quite Atlantean, not quite Christian.)

Joshua is based on my favorite character from my OWoD games, who I played for several years on a succession of online games (MUSHes, if anyone remembers what those are. :P) He was the first character I made for NWoD; I tried for a carbon-copy recreation but found that basic changes in his creation led to what has been a drastically different character, and I've had a lot of fun discovering what this iteration is like. (He also shares my initials, which I swear to God I didn't notice until I'd played him for a couple of years, but probably says more than I'd like about my self-idealization.)

I've had a few other characters in my time here, none active right now, but maybe my favorite of all those was Martin Carpenter. He was a toady, a lickspittle, whose ambitious reach far exceeded his meager grasp--qualities that make for an interesting mix in a Ventrue Invictus. He was also gay, something I didn't realize until I played him for a while, and I thought that would be an interesting challenge for me, to see if I could play that convincingly and doing it in a subtle way rather than some overstated Camp Gay stereotype.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Ahhhhh good old Martin... The only witness to Asa's Breach
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

I'm going to assume alive toons for this.

Ariadne I wanted to make a social toon for once, as I am not the sort of person that goes out and talks with random people or is very socially manipulative. As Ariadne's behavior reflects at times unfortunately.

O ya, she's also my third mage,

Joseph Hartman I had a ventrue on another site who was brash, cocky and fun to play. Joseph turned out to be neither brash nor cocky and I'm going to find a way to transform him into something more entertaining. Though his survivability after that is questionable.

Jeremiah After the my first wolf failed miserably, to me, I decided starting from the bottom would help me understand the venue more and hopefully get better as a rp'er. Also tried to make him possibly anti-social, not sure how thats working.

Fu Some people asked if I wanted to make an Elder changeling and a motley. The motley didn't work out in the end but I did manage to make the only sort of character that "makes sense" to me in changeling. An angry guy. Of the venues played, changeling makes the least sense to me overarching plot/setting wise.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
+ Reply to Thread