Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Streets, Downtown

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Wyatt leaves court immediatly after the covenant meeting. There was much to do and Wyatt did not want to seem dodgy in front of the covenant anyhow.

He stops down the street from Avalon and waits a short while for Amos and Thomas to leave. Wyatt sees them leave and waits for them to get closer.

With a smile Wyatt stops leaning on the wall and turns to face the pair walking down the street.

"Forgive me for perhaps this unconventional method. However I did not want to do this in front of the others. We all know there are developments, and developments to come. Developments in which your going to need Allys. For example Thomas, I want In on your plan. Its on the list anyhow. I was hoping that perhaps Amos would also want in. Amos helped me out on my first night and for some reason I fell some sort of a connection to him."

Wyatt pauses. This was going badly.

"Sorry if I am being a little cryptic. If you have time perhaps we can go somewhere a little more.... private to discuss such matters."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

From beneath the trilby and recesses of an upturned collar on his overcoat Lenny approaches the neonate as he stalks the others.

"Looking for a coterie? May be wise with all the goings-on lately especially for the young," he said conversationally.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

PRE

Thomas had been intent of getting away from Avalon when he heard the voice of the English lick, Wyatt. Agreeing with his plans, well better late than never, but then again everybody is your friend when it's just the two of you oh well shouldn't hurt to give him the time of night.

He turns around and notices Wyatt ..... and Pope.

"Evenin' gents." He says with his Boston Irish accent up, playing it up for the English vampire. "I hate to disappoint you guys but I'm not going to sing the Internationale, so if you're looking for a revolution you might have to look somewhere else. In my humble opinion the last two good ones were 1776 and 1919, no offense." He wondered how the Englishman's grasp of history was, the first year was easy, the second .... well the roots of his accent should give him a hint. "However if you two really want to have a honest word, I've got some time."

Wyatt keeps his normal expression. Wyatt usually smiled even to strangers. First apperances mattered, and what mattered what that he appeared to be kind, caring and considerate. Nobody wanted to talk to someone who was frowning. He had learnt this from a young age, I guess it stuck.

There was a pause before he answered Popes question.

"You are of course correct. Naturally I would approach the people I feel some form of a Bond to. Still, the streets are not really the place to discuss such matters."

Wyatt pauses and chuckles to himself.

"I am not much of a Historian. I only know what I have seen on discovery. My favorite revolutions have be 1381 and 1642."

"I am not here looking for a Revolution, it would be the 1381 result all over again. I have not been here long and allready I have discovered this town is less than hospitable and there seems to currently be tension. Things are changing and in these changing times we are all going to need Allys we can trust. The covenant is just getting started again and you can bet we are not going to be as united as we should be. At least for the first few months."

"Besides I see no reason to lie to any of you. I have nothing to gain from it. I suppose we can call this... extending the olive branch of friendship."

Wyatt chuckled to himself again.

"Sorry, that just sounded rather hippyish but you get the point."

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny laughed softly. "Remember it's only a revolution if it's successful, otherwise, it's usually called a *police action*."

He paused, lost in thought before continuing. "I am no revolutionary either, and revolution is rarely what it seems. Freddrick was a revolutionary and much like Castro became a dictator of merciless whimsy. Wyatt, what do you mean when you say 'inhospitable'?"

Lenny looked at the other man curiously.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    Vitae 4

PRE

1642? Really, you've got some balls if that was on purpose.

"In the spirit of cultural forgiveness I'll even let that crack about Cromwell slide, I've got it on good authority that he's down in hell, so I guess we got the last laugh. Anyways enough about the past, I wasn't there, I don't think you were." He says with a smile. "I'll gladly have a word with you both, and Amos too, just not out in the middle of the street, do any of you have a place where we can talk freely?"

QuoteQuote:
    Wyatt, what do you mean when you say 'inhospitable'?"
    "The city is divided, to capitalise on the citys resources you need to get permission from a few people. Some classifications of permission are harder to get than others. You want to survive in this city... you need to get your ass out there and get that permission. The alternate is you need to take control of that sector yourself. The division seems... extreme."
    QuoteQuote:

"In the spirit of cultural forgiveness I'll even let that crack about Cromwell slide, I've got it on good authority that he's down in hell, so I guess we got the last laugh. Anyways enough about the past, I wasn't there, I don't think you were." He says with a smile. "I'll gladly have a word with you both, and Amos too, just not out in the middle of the street, do any of you have a place where we can talk freely?"
    "No disresect intended. I purely mean that it was the English civil war, it changed the country. I purely mentioned it as a fascinating piece of history. Nothing more, nothing less. If it has some other history I do not know about that. I appreciate it from a text book. My office is not far from here. Currently we rent a space until we can find a more permanent location. Truth be told, the place is only really used as a base for my staff and a place to meet customers. The other architects tend to work from home."

(Phoenix is flying home. Can assume he says yes and comes along. If not I am sure he will post here)

"This way gentlemen."

Wyatt leads the group to a shared office building in the town centre. Wyatt walks into the building, saying good evening to the security staff on reception as the group passes. He enters the lift and once everyone is inside presses the button to the 4th floor. They get out of the lift and turn left. Wyatt stops at the door to a company called "Walker Landing". He takes a security ID card out of his wallet and presses it up against a sensor next to the door. The sensor beeps and Wyatt quickly opens the door into the reception. He walks straight through and through a door into an open office plan. The lights are on in here and there is a small oriental woman working away on a desk at the end of the office. Wyatt gives her a quick wave and takes a sharp left and into the board room.

"Please gentlemen, take a seat." Wyatt removes his suit jacket and places it on the back of the chair.

PRE

"If I can I would like to open this little friendly chat by asking why? Wyatt, you like my ideas but yet they died on a vine while a group of Carthians talked about turning the Barrens into fucking Orange County, excuse me but why should I take anyone seriously? To be perfectly honest I don't give a damn about undead politics, nothing but one walking corpse fucking another walking corpse, sometimes literally."

The Mekhet was pissed and wondering what the hell the other three Kindred wanted, right now they seemed like just more of the same type of vampires he'd seen his entire existence, future political stars climbing the political ladder. He wanted, more than anything, to show all these Kindred just what the hell was out there hiding just out of sight in the dark.

"I wonder if you've got the wrong impression of me, see my grand idea isn't some empty power grab or a way to force myself into the elite of the Carthian Movement, it's simply so that I can have a decent apartment close to the best eating establishments and I can get on with my unlife's work. I proposed it to my fellow members because it's not something that can be done alone and I guessed, wrongly, that somebody else might believe that an actual social contract, no fucking around, no bullshit, a simple John Locke ripped from a basic civics textbook social contract. You work to make a Regent's Domain a safe and prosperous place and in return you get to see the befits of your efforts. No hunting down Elders, no flames or riots in the streets."

There was visible frustration on his face now.

"I'm sure that I will be called a revolutionary or some other such bullshit. If you want to label me with those words, I hear the Invictus is looking for lackies, join and never have to make another decision in your unlife. Truth be told I don't need some grand political concept or game to keep me from falling to the beast, I have my own purpose. My own political beliefs are just concepts I happen to believe in, not the all consuming goal I dedicate my existence to. But I don't hide them, if some two clever by half lick wants to treat them as the butt of a joke, that's on their own head not mine."

He looks at the three vampires present.

"See in the end the reason I don't like playing by the rules of Kindred politics is because in the end it's just one dead thing fucking another dead thing
    over the most stupid things in the universe. So the question I have for the each of you is simple. You know what I stand for, what do each of you believe in? What do you stand for?"

"If I can I would like to open this little friendly chat by asking why? Wyatt, you like my ideas but yet they died on a vine while a group of Carthians talked about turning the Barrens into fucking Orange County, excuse me but why should I take anyone seriously? To be perfectly honest I don't give a damn about undead politics, nothing but one walking corpse fucking another walking corpse, sometimes literally."

"Ciarra was never going to allow that. It was plain to see what she thought of it. There are two reasons the died on a vine. Firstly Ciarra was the only candidate for prefect and was clearly not liking your idea, secondly... you did not put your name foward for prefect. There is a third reason thats personal to myself."

Wyatt pauses.

"The movement is newly re-formed. Despite the need to stay united it is in no way going to happen. It was evident at that meeting that certain individuals had their own agenda. It was best to let her... I mean their agenda through. It did not affect anyone else. Meanwhile I do what I can to prepare myself for the coming months."

Wyatt smiles

"I agree with undead politics. I have avoided it for years. Its not even politics. I find most of the time its random bitching, digs at other people. Its something you find in a school yard, you dont expect vampires that are hundreds of years old to participate in it. Yet somehow they do. Sure you get political plays and thats what its all about but as I said. Most the time its random bitching."

"I wonder if you've got the wrong impression of me, see my grand idea isn't some empty power grab or a way to force myself into the elite of the Carthian Movement, it's simply so that I can have a decent apartment close to the best eating establishments and I can get on with my unlife's work. I proposed it to my fellow members because it's not something that can be done alone and I guessed, wrongly, that somebody else might believe that an actual social contract, no fucking around, no bullshit, a simple John Locke ripped from a basic civics textbook social contract. You work to make a Regent's Domain a safe and prosperous place and in return you get to see the befits of your efforts. No hunting down Elders, no flames or riots in the streets."

"And your grand idea is exactly the same as mine, you also had the same idea as me on the "Social Contract" allthough we may losely define it in different terms."

"I'm sure that I will be called a revolutionary or some other such bullshit. If you want to label me with those words, I hear the Invictus is looking for lackies, join and never have to make another decision in your unlife. Truth be told I don't need some grand political concept or game to keep me from falling to the beast, I have my own purpose. My own political beliefs are just concepts I happen to believe in, not the all consuming goal I dedicate my existence to. But I don't hide them, if some two clever by half lick wants to treat them as the butt of a joke, that's on their own head not mine."
    "We all had a different way of life. I over play my humanity to try and cling to it for as long as possible. If you two were not here I would currently be sat in my office, doing my work with a cup of tea in front of me. I cant drink it, but I cling to as much human-ness as I possibly can. I am sure people would dissagree with that."

He looks at the three vampires present.

"See in the end the reason I don't like playing by the rules of Kindred politics is because in the end it's just one dead thing fucking another dead thing over the most stupid things in the universe. So the question I have for the each of you is simple. You know what I stand for, what do each of you believe in? What do you stand for?"

"I am not keen on kindred politics either. However with the current events in the city I feel that we are all going to be forced to. Now.. I am not proposing we all jump into the arena. Far from it. What I am proposin is an alliance, coterie, co-operation, friendship. Whatever you want to call it. That allows us to work together on a common goal but also is there for when the shit does hit the fan on a city wide scale, because we all know its coming."

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

"You misunderstand," Lenny says holding up his hands in an almost defensive gesture. "No one is accusing or even seeking revolutionaries I simply saw a conversation developing and thought I would listen to what was being said."

Lenny paused digesting the words that were being said absentmindedly running a finger down the sides of his moustache. Despite being indoors he kept the trilby on as if were an old, comfortable friend or a parrot perched on a pirates shoulder.

"It sounds as if everyone is mostly concerned with their own agendas rather than doing any experiments or the Movement as a whole in that it would involve 'Kindred politics' as you both have expressed a disdain for. Not that I'm suggesting you're wrong either of you or that such goals are are wrong either. It just sounds as if the majority of the Movement simply wants to be left alone to pursue their personal interests. The only idea that I had that I did not bring up at the meeting was creating a grid or network of safe houses throughout the city so that none of us are more than a moment from safety from the daystar," Lenny spoke in a calm even tone. Once they had a physical network they could focus on an information one.

"I apologize though it appears I'm just rambling now. I will leave you all to your pursuits."
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    Vitae 4

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread