Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Juno Calls Alice

THREADID

Juno tapped in the numbers and hit Send. If the Manticoress was cursed at or hung up on, then -- she didn't blame Alice at all if her reception consisted of those actions. Not so long ago she would have ignored a call from her own Sovereign as a gesture of contempt.

*Cue Ringtone on Alice's phone*

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Alice picked up her phone and saw the number of who was calling her to say she was shocked would have been an understatement. Instantly suspicious of the other lost's motivations she answered the phone after a few rings.

"Yello, Alice here."

So far so good. She hadn't been cussed out or hung up on yet.

"Uhm. Hi. It's Juno. If it isn't a bother, can we talk soon? It's....important."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice hadn't expected Juno to actually want to meet with her and as much as she was not looking forward to arguing with the woman again Alice felt like it was hopefully a step in a positive direction for Juno and not one for her to fling further insult.

"Well, I'm free now if you wanted to speak. We could meet in a meeting room at the Four Seasons or the Glissade I suppose. So do you have a preference?"

Juno weighed the options carefully.

If we go to the Four Seasons, it's pretty neutral ground. Hospitality and all that, right? At the very least I'm pretty sure this Mister Bates guy wouldn't have a problem kicking both of us out if things go south. At the least I'm not going to give them a chance to go south on my end.

Glissade -- that's Nightfall's hangout. Not very neutral. All but encourages things to get physical by dint of environmental influence.

"I would suggest the Four Seasons, if that's all right?"

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very well. I will meet you there," She simply said.

If there was nothing further Alice will hang up the phone.

Juno looked at the phone for a moment, wondering if she just made another career-ending mistake. Well, there was nothing for it now but to go ahead and meet with Alice.

Turning her phone off, she went back to her guest.

Closed Thread