Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Can't Read My Poker Face

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Chief had set up the dining room of the Hostel, setting up folding chairs and a large card table. He didn't know how many people would come, so he had another table and some chairs on standby - just in case. On the card table were a few decks of cards, a couple sets of chips, and a few ashtrays.

Another table was set up with a few bags of chips and pretzels and it was a short walk to the kitchen where there were a couple twelve packs of generic brand soda and a case of beer.

After setting everything up Chief pops open a beer, lights a cigarette, and waits to see if anyone shows up.
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West arrives, in jeans and and a rumpled Oxford, with sleeves rolled up. A case of Corona is under one arm, and a bag of limes dangles from his hand like... well, it dangles.

He gives Chief a nod and a smile. It's genuine, but strained, and he gestures to the beer.

"Fridge?"

[banner]west[/banner]
    Nimbus

Yui slides into the Hostel HI wondering if he has the right place. Tight jeans and avest over a graphic tee make the man.

The ferret wasn;t keen on the idea of chance, Fate though, was another matter. Yui finds his way to the dinning Hall and looks inside. "This the place?"

Chief smiles back at West, clenching his cigarette in his teeth, and returning his nod. He had wondered if any other Mages would decide to come around and here was the Arrow Magister, also one of the premiere Acanthus in the city.

Just another guy playin some Hold'em tonight, though. Unless he plans to cheat, but where would be the fun in that?

He jerks a thumb toward the kitchen "Right through there. Should be a knife in the drawer for the limes."

Looking back over at the door he notices Yui enter. He grins and waves him inside "If you're here to play some cards then this is the place."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus hated being alone, hated feeling emptiness around him. And now, when anything familiar reminded him of Ankh, that problem was only exacerbated. So any excuse for a social gathering was good. Besides, he still felt a little guilty for the three of them mostly talking around Chief at the impromptu lunch gathering. Perhaps helping make the night successful would be a way to make it up to him.

He enters the dining hall, dressed casually as always, and almost immediately spots West. For the briefesst instant, a loo of pain fashe across his eyes beforehe turns away. Even here, it seems I can't escape the reminders. But he was here now. Leaving now would just be rude, and wouldn't help him feel any better anyway. He'd just have to stick it out. Maybe he'd find some people to talk to hat would help him pull through. Besides, when you run from problems, they just grow worse.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin bounces in. He had just got paid for a particularly nice haul, and then Mr. Lipson was telling him about a poker tournament being held. After getting a rough crash course in the game, Lipson smiled at him, told him he'd do fine, and sent him on his merry way.
    Al-Adin is practically buzzing with joy as he enters, the other changelings hearing the soft giggling laughter of children at a funny story reading.
    "Yui!" Al-Adin calls out, heading over to his friend/contractor, wrapping him in a big hug, smiling wide.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West reappeared from the kitchen, having deposited all but the open bottle he now carried. He held up a hand in greeting at Yui and Al-Adin.

"Hey, I'm Jimmy,"
    he offered, a cue for Chief and Animus.
    Nimbus

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Christian walks through the doors, wheeling a cooler behind him with a tupperware container and a bag on top. He's dressed in a pair of pants and a shirt that may have been black once, but have faded into kinda-black-but really-grey that look really comfortable. He sees the table with the food on it and heads over to it while watching the others that were already there. "Hey, I'm Chris. I've got a buddy that was following me. He gestures to his burden. "I didn't know what was gonna be here, so I brought some drinks and some tamales. Paper plates and plastic forks too."

R
    Ryan Deshane

The pipes of Digger's Harley could be heard as he drives into the lot. As Digger walks into the Hostel he wears jeans and a button down flannel and his ever present Leather Jacket with a leather vest and the Cut of the Son's of Luna on the back.

Over his right shoulder he carries a set of Saddle bags from the back of his bike. He gives his pack brother a head nod and says through clinched lips that hold a Marb Red, "Getting yourself set up Chris?" Digger says as he walks over to a empty table and sets down the leather bags. Out of the bags comes a bottle of Jack Daniels and a Six pack of Old Mill.

Kharn

Colin arrives pausing to stub out his cigarette before entering the lobby and poking his head around. "I take it this the card-shark spot?" He asks with his accent tingeing his words, slight scottish. Wearing a tight fitting black shirt with a printed design, and a pair of dark jeans and his cowboy boots, Colin smiles to the others present, setting down a cooler filled with couple six packs of Corona and Bud.

"I brought the beer." He says, smiling to the others present. "Colin, nice to meet you guys."
    Erik "Kharn" Lake
    Cahalith Iron Master
    Presence 3(Intimidating), Striking Looks 2(Beard and Tattoos)
    Glory 2, Cunning 1

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread