Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Vice in the Night II

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

((ST Not: This thread is a continuation of one from the old boards, asseen here: http://twilightvalley1.forumotion.netthe-danse-macabre-requiem-ic-f9/vice-in-the-night-open-attn-fater-benton-black-others-t2548.htm ))

[COLOR="Re"]Narration:[/COLOR]
    The waitress looks terrified by what Fathr Black suggests. She glances over at the table of thugs, then back at Black and shakes her head... subtly, apparently not wanting to attract attention.

"No, Father, tha's not a good idea Tha's a good way to get killed. An' when people messin' wih Eduardo gets people killed, it's not jus' the ones messed with him. Their families, their friends..."

She shakes her head again. "Don' do it, Father. But if you do, I can't help you." She glances around again, quickly. "You better order somethin' or people will notice."

F
    FreshCK

Benton shakes his head sadly at her refusal. It was sad but understandable; these men were dangerous and terrified her.

"I understand. Fear is a powerful motivator. So is hope. You're going to have to figure out some day which one you want to live with the most. I did. But don't worry about me, The Lord watches over me and I shall fear no evil men. Just bring me a scotch, neat."

Narration:

The waitress says nothing else, but simply nods and rushes off to get Black's drink. He notices the weasel-looking man from the table has gotten up to stand near the stage, watching the strippers, and that the beefy-looking guy and the dangerous-looking guy are talking about something, the beefy guy leaning in close to the other man. None at the table appear to be paying Black any attention.

F
    FreshCK

Well, that plan just flew out the damn window. Great! Benton thought to himself as the waitress walked away. It had been a long shot after all, hoping she would risk herself for his cause. Maybe one of the women outside would... no. Black just had to resign himself to the fact that he would have to handle this problem on his own.

The priest got up, making sure his sleeves were pushed up to show his ink and walked over to where the weasel was standing. After watching the show for a minute he turned to the man and spoke.

"Hell of a night, isn't it, brother?"

Narration:

The guy turns to look who's talking to him, and does something of a double-take. It's not immediately clear whether the double-take is due to the fact that Black looks like a rough guy, his wearing a clerical collar, or both.

After a bit, he says "Yeah, I suppose it is. But isn't a place like this supposed to lead to Hell, Padre?"

F
    FreshCK

Got him on the line. Now just start pulling him in. Benton needed to get this guy away from the others. It wasn't going to be as easy as if he could've lured the big man out back, but it would have to do.

"Well, shit, I wasn't born a priest. Used to be a serious hell-raiser. Sometimes it's good to get out and scratch that itch. Good for the soul, know what I mean."He claps the weasel on the back and has a good laugh at his own joke. "Hell, I got my bike parked out back. Sweet ride, man, chromed out. Spent a lot of time tuning her up just right. Yeah. Let me show you, brother. It's so beautiful if it were a woman I'd leave the church for it." He gives another good-natured laugh and hopes weasel is interested enough to check it out.

The guy laughs. "You're a funny priest, man!" he says "Yeah, sure, let's check out your machine."

F
    FreshCK

Hook, line, and sinker. Now just drag him into the boat and gut him. Black could practically feel his Beast stir at the thought but he settled it; this wasn't the time to act like a predator. This was the time to act like a slightly tipsy guy who wasn't thinking of anything but showing off his custom chopper to some other drunk he met in a strip club. Given his past, it wasn't a hard act to pull off.

As he led the weasel outside he started walking around the club looking for a quiet spot to work and trying to act like he couldn't remember where he parked his bike.

"It's around here somewhere, man. I know it. Is that...no, not there.

((ST Note: Go ahead and roll Manipulation + Subterfuge for Father Black))

F
    FreshCK

Roll

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread