Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Church of the Seraphim

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

Rust studies the business card. This was the place. Faith should be here any moment.

But having not givin an ETA. Rust wondered if the furious prodigal would make it.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith does indeed make it, in somewhat reasonable time. The wounds from the tussle at Bloom's place healed, or at least healed enough to be hidden away. Now came the fun part of getting back to business. No more taking aspirin and hoping she wasn't actually coughing up her lungs. No more wincing every time she had to eat.

She walks up to Rust from the street, greeting him with a small wave. "Hey Simba." Ah, the classics. Always fun. "How you doing?" Wow. No asterisks.

PRE

"Achy and sore. Thanks for asking" Who was this? Someone broke Faith. "I heard about the Raid. Tell me what happened." By tone the telling is a request. A strongly encouraged request.

Rust and Faith meet on the sidewalk before an old storefront that has apparently been converted into some sort of church. An inexpertly painted sign above the door declares it to be the Church of the Seraphim. Rust notices the same tagline as on the card the pretty young blonde handed him after she had patched up his gunshot wounds: A Light in the Darkness. The front of the building has been painted white, and unlike many of the other buildings in this part of town, there are no signs of any gang tags or vandalism.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith just shrugs. "Some f**kers wanted to kill us." Well, so much for 'broke'. Maybe 'scratched the paint job' would be more appropriate. "They beat on us some, we beat back. What more do you f**king want?" Apparently it only took a few moments for that favorite word of hers to work itself back in.

She doesn't look away from Rust, though the corner of her eye does take in the building, and the sign. "Church?" She sounds incredulous. "What, we gonna f**king repent our sins?" She makes it sound like that wouldn't be so hot an idea in her book. To say the least.

PRE

Rust heard more then that already. But he lets Faith's version stand. His expresion blank. "Close, only we are not going to be doing the confesion. Your here to watch my back. I'll do the talking. Paster has a funny book I want to look at. He's, different. We go in and come out without much trouble if possible. Maybe with a friend. Got it kiddo?" Rust waits for Faith to show understanding.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith twists her mouth in momentary distaste at the instructions. 'Take away all the fun', the expression seems to say. "Yeah, yeah, I got it," she says dismissively, barely repressing a roll of the eyes. Kiddo? Kiddo?! "You do the talking, I make sure noone f**king jumps you. So long as you explain what in the hell you want with a book after, it's all good." A lion that reads. Good one.

"So," she adds, with a questioning tone and a small motion towards the door. "Age before beauty?"

PRE

"I'll tell you everything latter. It's not a secret." with the parting quip, Rust turns and heads for the door, a hesitant jerk to test if it locked, if not he heads inside.

Rust notices the words Night Ministry are painted in cheap, black paint upon the door. The letters are already cracked and peeling. The door pulls open and he steps into the rather warm and stifling interior. There is a table strewn with religious literature variously asking him if he is ready for the End Times, has been Saved, or has seen the Demons in our midst. Past this is a plain room with fold-out chairs arranged in rows before a cheap pulpit. A pretty, young blonde is just finishing setting up the last of the chairs when she looks up to see Rust enter.

"Hi there, we're... oh, you! How are you?"

Rust recognizes her from their previous encounter.

PRE

"Excellent thanks to you. And Jorge, of course." Rust looks about the interior. "I came to speak with that pastor of yours. Is he here?" Rust bttles down a curious emotion. He find his foot rubbing the back of his other ankle. The Summer King nervous?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread