Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
131 - 140
DISPLAYED
(0907) Carthian Meeting

Began Jun 1, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

You're forgiven, Stephen. Arnoud thinks in a mockingly serious tone as their host leaves without preamble.

What was it with these self-righteous babies? For people who allegedly died decades ago they hadn't outgrown their infantile behavior. If Lenny wanted Myrmidon he'd have to do the political thing to get it. If Stephen wanted to talk mission and position he could just as easily -if not more easily- bring it up in private with the individual Carthians. How these guys thought they could get anything done just by stamping their feet like little princesses was beyond Arnoud.

You didn't deny your situation, you analyzed it and used it to your benefit.

The upside to all this nonsense was, of course, that Arnoud looked better by comparison. While he had been off to a craptaculair start he'd improved whereas the others had only devolved into whining disappointments. The talk with Jack probably wouldn't be too bad, considering... Unless Jack was the kind of guy that took out his frustrations on the innocent in which case Arnoud was going to get tenfold the crap he would've normally received.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

"Thanks for hosting, Stephen," Lenny said sincerely.

Maybe what he had said was uncalled for, but Jack and Stephen were just butting heads... and what he said about Arnoud was true. No matter what he was asked to do, he was going to sneak around.

"If you all want, I'll make renting a secure facility a priority for future use," he said, standing to leave.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

L
    Laufrey

"Yeah and suit yourself." Are his replies to Lenny as he doesn't break stride in exiting the warehouse. In a matter of moments a car, green Audi, can be heard and seen leaving from the backside of the warehouse.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny gave a shrug and left. Apparently they were going to go with the Everyone Has THeir Own Agenda plan.

Becauase that always worked out so well.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Taylor watches the others leave one by one. Finally, once most are gone he stands to leave.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud remains, in part because he disapproves of how the others left before the meeting was officially adjourned, partly because it couldn't hurt Jack's impression of him and partly because, of course, the Prefect had wanted to see him after the meeting.

When Taylor gets up, last to leave, Arnoud does give the Nosferatu a very slight nod in parting. She was Myrmidon against Arnoud's wishes but so far she had at least behaved herself well enough. Arnoud wasn't resentful or foolish enough to try and change what had already come to pass. He just needed to do a follow-up to ensure that a new change wasn't necessary.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

By the time everyone was gone, Jack looked like he would have had a headach. "Well, that went fucking brilliantly. He sneered as he forced himself to relax. He needed to stay calm.

Calm, that was key to running this crap.

"OK Arnould. I want to ask you something. Be honest with me here since this hasn't turned out to be a good night for any of us. Do you have a problem with any of the members...Well, other than Lenny. That shit I can understand."

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud didn't comment on the 'fucking brilliantly' stuff, figuring it would be in his best interest to have Jack calm down. Arnoud didn't like it when calm people lost their cool. He didn't like that, a lot.

"What exactly constitutes "a problem"? Are you asking me if there's anything that would impair potential working relationships?" Arnoud asked as neutrally and glibless as he could manage.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Jack's face Arnoud quickly adds.

"No, nothing like that."

"I... Let's just say I take a little time to warm up to Kindred."

"And the stuff with Lenny, don't worry about that. I won't."

Acting like a bastard probably means he isn't up to something worse. What kind of twisted logic is that? Then again, they do say 'beware the nice ones'.

((ST Note: Any further discussion can continue in a future thread))

Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
Closed Thread