Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
These Plans Need a Woman's Touch

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

A taxi pulls up in front of City Hall. Monica steps out and looks around for Nigel. Having changed her outfit, she looks quite different from the woman who had just recently been admiring the antiquities at the Fillard Goldman Museum.

G
    Grey_Devil

Nigel sat in the coffee store just across the street from the Mayor's office, drinking a cold cup of crap that use to be coffee an hour ago, but Nigel felt his mind had made it sour as time passed. He was still wearing his nice button up but still casual looking shirt with blazer over top. He hadn't bothered to go home to change, his mind still pre-occupied by the fact he was going to have to admit failure to one of his team mates on a relatively easy assignment.

Nigel nodded to her as her eyes passed his way, not wanting to give a more overt sign that they might be involved in some way.

Once she spots Nigel, Monica walks over to the coffee shop with an air of nonchalance. Once inside, she orders an iced soy latte and takes a seat across from her partner in crime. She winks at him as she takes a sip of her outrageously over-priced beverage. After greeting Nigel, Monica searches around the table with a look of faux-disappointment.

"Hey honey, how was your day? Oh... I was really counting on you to pick up my dry cleaning. What happened?"

G
    Grey_Devil

Nigel smiled politely, trying to keep the sarcasm out of his voice, "Well dear, my day has been terrible. Couldnt pick up the dry cleaning cause I couldn't get a ticket in time. When I tried to press the matter, it appears I got the only dry cleaner in town who wouldn't take some money to expedite the situation. Other places ended up being the same thing."

"Rotten luck I would say."

Monica gives him a wink.

"Well, you know what they say. If you want something done right..."

Finishing her drink, she stands up and motions for Nigel to follow her outside.

G
    Grey_Devil

Nigel chuckled at her comment, standing with her. "Let a woman do it? Well I know more then a few things they can accomplish that I cant." Nigel followed her as she exited, dropping a couple of bills to cover his coffee.

"No... call Monica."

Once they are outside, she pulls him close as they walk.

"So, can you show your face in there again, or did you cause a scene? I just need to know if I'm flying solo, or if I can use you to provide a distraction."

G
    Grey_Devil

"Well depends on where we are going, if we are trying to get into the Mayor's office or the upper levels of city hall, well then I might have accused another woman of a one night stand and cutting out before breakfast."

Nigel ran his hand along the back of his neck, "The planning office believes I am a student down on my luck, but not as much of a scene."

"Nice. Sex scandal at City Hall... bet that got everyone's attention. Well, we're here now, I'll at least head in and take a look. How were you going to get your hands on those plans?"

G
    Grey_Devil

"Originally, I was going to ask Nicely but apparently they are backed up."

Nigel walked quickly to keep up with Monica, "But the second plan was to get into the Mayor's assistant's office and order a copy of the plans while he was out and state that his office was sending someone down to pick them up. Once I did that, I could just walk in and pick up the plans."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last