DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Nosferatu Curse: Icy chill
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow sits in her library waiting for Joseph's arrival. He finally might have some answers and she is looking forward to hearing them. This also might make him eligable for a raise in his standing among the Dragons. That would all depend on what he found and how he went about finding it. She isn't sure if he is aware of that or not so she might keep that information to herself until after his presentation. Although, it would be very nice to have another Sworn in the city. Someone else to help her make decisions for the covenent would make her burden easier.

She sets the book aside as she realizes she had re-read the same paragraph four times. Maybe it would be a better idea to just sit quietly and wait. She's had a lot of experience with that exercise.

She leans her head back to rest on the chair and closes her eyes, listening to the sounds of the house settling around her. He shouldn't be too long.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph hurries into into the Chapter House visibly in a rush. He walks right past the library before he realizes the Oracle is sitting there waiting. Crappp Pausing to smooth down his tee-shirt, the blue jeans probably don't have blood on them...hopefully, he walks into the library.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting Oracle."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow waves a dismissive hand and motions for Joseph to take the chair beside her. "You have not kept me waiting Scribe. I spend most of my time in this library."

She waits for him to get comfortable before starting the question and answer session. "Now, tell me what you have found."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa returns to the Chapter House, after speaking with Max Heinz. Like the Deputy, he tries to put the puzzle together. Is there a geographic element to the Brood incursions? Or a common source for the mandragora and mandrake? The extensive usage of ghouls almost seems to suggest Kine involvement, but Horizon was nothing but a gutted ruin now.

As he made his way to the library, he saw Joseph, and stopped. There was something he had been meaning to ask the Whip, and now seemed as good a time as any -- once he was done.

[banner]asa[/banner]
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow looks up at the Prince's arrival, once again surprised to see him in the chapter house. Why she never expects him to show up in the Dragon's home she can't really explain but every time she sees him in the building she has a strange sense of awkwardness. It isn't a feeling of wrongness really, just an odd sense that he has much better things to do then grace them with his presence.

"Prince Clarke, a pleasure to see you as always." Her voice is smooth and confident although her eyes betray her unease. "Won't you join us?"

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph collects his mind then looks at the door as it opens. Right really don't screw this up now. Lets see sword, made for purpose, don't let people touch... He smooths down his shirt again on impulse. Joseph walks into the library but remains standing and to the side so that the Prince can pick anywhere to sit.

He waits for the Prince to situate himself before starting.

"The blade itself appears to be purpose made. The reference that I found mentions that blades like it are made to kill for what ever reason it's maker desires. Except that after the kill is made something in the blade...awakens? It starts to possess it's own will to kill and will use kine or ourselves to sate itself. As was determined with the Reeve, only a person with an innocent soul can handle the blade safely. Only a person like that can destroy it as well."

There's a pause and a nervous glance at the Prince then Shadow.

"The text also mentions that when one loses themselves to the blade, once they have killed everyone they can, the blade will force them to take their own life. The last part with that confuses me. It mentions that the blade can be contained by someone sacrificing themselves to its desires. I am not sure if this is what happened with the Reeve or if it could require true death. Even then I am not sure if that would fix the blade or only contain it for a time."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa nodded wordlessly, and sat.

He listened intently to the other Ventrue's explanation, eyebrows lifting slightly in usually concealed surprise.

I suppose we all owe Arnold our thanks.

Despite his considerable esoteric knowledge, this was his first exposure to such a... item. More the stuff of fiction, than reality.

Asa looked at the Oracle, waiting to hear her response. Unless she had some insight or reason, he would prefer it destroyed or safeguarded, if destruction were not possible.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow's eyes unfocus for a few moments as she considers the information she has been given and cross references it with anything she may have ever read about such an item. Nothing comes to mind although there are always ancient legends and rumors that such items do exist.

Her eyes hone in on Joseph once again before she speaks. "So, what you are telling me is this blade possesses the weilder until he or she has brought enough death to satisfy it. Then, it compels them to take their own life. I wonder if it sucks in the life force of each victim or only the one of the weilder once they have given in to it's urgings. Did you happen to find anything that might give us an idea of where this artifact came from or who made it?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa looks at Joseph, curious as well.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph remains silent for a few moments.

"Yes Oracle the blade does appear to possess or being extremely compelling in its urge to kill. The text did not mention the blade stealing life force at all, only that it wanted to kill. Nor does it make any mention of who made them. The way the text was worded it made it seem that any blade made with murder in mind could possibly become like this weapon."

Don't look at the Prince don't.... Joseph glances at the Prince for a split moment. Shit

"The author believed that the weapon could be made stronger or bent to a kindred's will. Though the only means the author mentions for this are Cruac and Theban Sorcery..." His voice trails at the end, he isn't sure how Asa handles the two outlawed covenants being mentioned.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.