Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Hedge Storm) Bringing Home the Bacon

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Returning from the animal shelter, Nela and Bert find that the Hollow Commons is a quiet place all round, as it usually is this time of day as many of the residents either patrol the station itself or head out into the city, keeping an eye out for agents of the Ear, anything to escape the cramped conditions of the last bastion within the freehold.

"Well, I grew up in Michigan. Then we moved out here when I was in High School." Nela continues as she and Bert step into the Commons.

The place is almost nice without all the commotion. Except for the smell. The smell is terrible. It's like wet fur and feathers, lightning ionized. Plus feet, it smells a lot like feet.

On second thought, it really isn't nice in here at all.

Bert nods to Nela as he follows her int othe room, making a scrunched face when the smell hits him. "Whooie that's something I won't be missing once we leave here. So what's your attitude towards this whole Baron thing?"" he'd known she was somewhat quiet during the meeting and wondered if she was for or against meeting with him.

"I don't know. I kind of have trouble believing that he's, you know - one of the capital Fs."

"I bet he'll try to screw us over, but I dunno, I guess the question is just how hard? If he screws us like, just a little bit, then it's probably worth getting his help."

Maybe we can just give him somebody that sucks from the freehold. Nela thinks. She wouldn't mind tossing one or two of the dregs to the Gentry.

PRE

King Rust comes out of the common bath smelling like something frilly. Frilly was better then sweaty ball sac and motor oil. Cleaned up, he passes Bert and Nela, either not hearing their conversation, or not caring. Rust grabs an orange from the conference table and peels it with a claw. Nightfall shouldn't have stolen his breakfast like that. It wasn't nice.

Bert laughs at Nela's answer, it wasn't too bad of an idea. "You got a point there. Considering how bad we've been screwed already I would prefer the sloppy seconds screwing from him rather than a royal again. Truthfully though, I feel the one way we can get screwed is if we get distracted too much by him to lot the other side slip in and get us." he growls a little bit, baring his large teeth and says "I just hope Sam and the rest come back wtih something useful from the drop."

While Nela and Bert make their way through the Hollow (and King Rust smelling rather fragrant) Gianna emerges from a door, smiling upon spotting them both. Once again, like before the war began, her Mask has been strengthened and she carries a small mirror in hand.

"Hello dears. How did it go at the animal sanctuary?" she enquires. "A safe place to harvest?"

PRE

Rust hears the Keeper's voice and glances towards the hall. She was busy. Gianna was a puzzle to Rust. Who was she and why did she do what she did. Rust compares her to Katrine and leaves those questions aside for the moment, listening to the response.

"Uh, yea. And ew. Have you ever seen one of these ear guys?" Nela asks, her imagination is a little bit wild. They've been nothing but boogeymen and stories to her, and even with everything that's happened, it's hard for her to feel the same kind of fear that grips the rest of the Freehold, even though she knows she should.

"Oh, hi Gianna." Nela plucks out the iPhone and holds it up for her to see. "We've got somebody we can call now." With the damage we can do, we'll be up to our necks in Glamour for weeks.

Before Gianna arrives Bert shrugs at Nela "Can't say that I have seen one. I've heard about them, I only wish I did see them because I sort of feel inexperienced if we do bump into them. But I guess you gotta learn somehow right?"

When Gianna arrives Bert turns to her and smiles "Animal Sanctuary seemed like an okay place. Seems to be easier if there are kids around but we didn't seem to have too many complications. How have things been here?"

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread