Ended
Watch

Free Council Meeting at the "Hostel"

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    R
    Rastl74

Marconi picked up "the goods" from the Southport safe-way and headed back to the "office". He pulled up outside the building and honked three times to get Zuse's attention. While he waited, he filled his pocket flask with the orange vodka he picked up at the store. The "goods" would survive in the cooler in the trunk until they got back from the night's festivities.

M
    Mux

Zuse stepped outside after hearing the horn, absently shaking crumbs and other debris from his worn t-shirt. He strolled over to the car, opened the door and levered his bulk into the vehicle with a grunt. After he took a couple of deep breaths of air he offered a nod to Marconi.

"So tell me about this guy we are meeting tonight. Any takeaways from your conversation with him?"

R
    Rastl74

Marconi put the car in drive and made his way toward the Hostel.
    Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get there. The traffic this time of night should be letting up.
    Thinking about the best answer to Zuse's question, Marconi pauses for a bit.
    Well, he seems really distracted when I was talking to him.. either that or he really didn't care to talk to me. I wasn't able to feel him out very well over the phone so I'm hoping he'll be able to devote more of himself to our conversations at the meeting. What do the fates tell you, is this meeting going to go well?

M
    Mux

"The fates tell me that I probably should have stayed home and play another few rounds of MW2." Zuse dodged. He was interested in the possibility of their first real excitement since arriving in Sacramento--no sense in spoiling it for himself.

"Perhaps he sounded distracted because he has a lot on his hands." Zuse offered helpfully. "Maybe we can help."

R
    Rastl74

You know, for a guy who can "guess" the future, you sure do like to fly by the seat of your pants a lot. At any rate you are right. I'm sure this guy just has a lot on his plate. From what I understand, the Libertines are not a massive group here in the "Sac".

After a brief pause to cut off some hot shot on the highway who "thought" he knew how to drive, Marconi Continued...

Presuming he doesn't rope us into something right away, what are we doing later tonight. I'd like to hit a few clubs. Who knows, if we stay late enough, we could convince a drunk chick that you are that guy from the hangover....

M
    Mux

"Do they really call it the Sac? That's a terrible name, for the record." Zuse mused before his eyes went wide, hand flailing wildly for an oh shit handle on the passenger side of the car.

"Whoa! You don't need to drive so crazy, we're not in a movie." As the car settles back safely into the lane Zuse pinches the front of his shirts and starts pulling it to ventilate air into his sweaty pits.

"I can hit the club tonight for a while but at 3am I have a big international poker game online. High stakes."

R
    Rastl74

Sounds good. I guess we'll see how this goes first.

About that time they pulled into the parking lot of the Hostel. Finding a open parking spot up front, Marconi gets out and looks the building over.

Spade said something about going to the top floor and looking for "the ladders". I probably should have asked about that in greater detail. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find something relative or I'll just call him again.

Marconi makes his way toward the front entrance.

Rosh

PRE

Inside the Lobby, down a short hall is an elevator.

The Top Floor is relatively normal. Except the attic, which is open, a ladder extended down.

Spade, or Rosh. Or whoever he was now sits in one of the sofas lining the walls. A metal cup condensates on a worn coffee table. In the Hands of the disheveled Obrimos is a journal. Likely one of the ones from the bookcase covered in similar clones.

Spade puzzle a mystery, dipped in duplicity, and wrapped in bacon. Was he a clown, a con, or simply genius? The more Spade read, the more he believed this man was member of the Legacy of Tootsie Pops. What was the center?

R
    Rastl74

Marconi walked in, paying no heed to the man at the front desk, with Zuse in tow. He made his way up the elevator to the top floor. He peered out warily before stepping toward what appeared to be an attic ladder.

Since when do hotel's have attics?, he thought to himself.

He looked over at Zuse before continuing, I guess "look for the ladder" wasn't some kind of cryptic message.

He shrugged and proceeded toward, and cautiously up, the ladder into the attic.

M
    Mux

Zuse followed his ally and friend Marconi into the building, up to the top floor and then watched him proceed up the ladder into an attic-like space. After Marconi was fully up the ladder and onto the floor above he began pulling himself up the ladder, huffing and puffing the entire way.

His flush cheeks appeared in the attic first, followed by his faded Deep Purple band t-shirt, then his baggy blue jeans, and Vans tennis shoes. He considered making, and then quickly stowed, a comment about the meeting location. Instead, he looked around and waited for others to start the conversation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.