Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Hedge Storm) The Drop

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The remains of the 4 Seasons hotel had been closed off with hastily erected fences by mortal officials, the investigations having come back inconclusive. Seeing as no single terrorist organisation had taken responsibilty, the case was still officially open but with no leads.

The fae of Sacramento, those that see things too clearly, know exactly who is to blame.

Don't they?

With so many enemies, it was hard to tell. A war against the Ear was bad enough, especially with the freehold losing so much ground but now that Fairweather had entered the fray, for better or worse, who knew when the end game would come. Could the freehold not think about his offer? Could they give up on any aid?

One person they couldn't give up on was the Sun Banisher, currently behind enemy lines and in deep cover. Harvey was one of those fae that had mastered the Contract of Mirrors, or so it was said. He was a Shadowsoul Fairest, or so it was said. He was on the side of the freehold, or so it was said.

In truth, who the fuck knows anymore?

And so it was that on the bright winter's day that Al-Adin, Yui Surefoot and Sam Barkley made their way through the streets of Sacramento to gather the intellegence of the one person deep in the nest of the Gentry.

Maybe today is a good day to die?

I'm going to start this scene 1 mile from the drop site. Please explain how you will all travel to the remains of the hotel. Thanks

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin, his black sneak suit sporting a few more patches than it really ought to, moves above the city, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, his eyes darting about, looking for anyone noticing him. His was armed up with all of his rods, and looked out over the city streets. How long had it been since he had run and played in those streets? How long had it been since his friends had begged him not to go out. It wasn't safe.
    Where was it safe?
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam drives his truck to the Four Seasons. When Harry's had finally started to turn a profit, the Wizened had invested in a newer model F-150 pick up, forest green, with as many pistons as money could buy and space could fit. The bloody thing roared. Sam loved it like a child. Monkey-Boy had bounded off before he could tell him to stick close. "Goddammit, Al!" he yells at the rapidly vanishing Beast. Already a problem. He turns off the truck alarm, starts the engine, and opens the doors remotely for Yui and himself as they approach the vehicle in the Amtrak parking lot.

"Come on, then. Let's get after him 'afore the idjit gets hisself killed early," Sam says, sliding his staff behind the seat and hopping up to take the wheel. He finishes off his second cup of coffee, the jitter-inducing caffeine helping him stay sharp and alert to the inevitable threats that would arise, before starting out for the remains of the 4 Seasons hotel.

Sense Doom 4 sux

Yui considers the roof tops himself. It was likely that route was faster per the rules of Assassins Creed, Infamous, Prince of Persia, and Mirrors Edge.

But someone had to be sure the Czar of Dusk didn't run over small children on the way to the corpse of Four Seasons.

It looms into view. Behind large metal barriers and fences with construction signs at every turn, and a sorry shade of its former glory.

The gutted remains of the Four Seasons hotel.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam drives around the block of the site first, telling Yui to, "Keep an eye out fer Harvey or anythin' suspicious," even as he does the same. He wouldn't mind finding a relatively obscured place to park, too. "Call Al, too, see if he's got here alright yet, and what he sees."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

Al-Adin looks out over the expanse. It wasn't fun. Why wasn't he having fun.

'Work now, fun later.'
    'OK'

failmonkey on perception

Yui dials up his monkey friend and scans the wreckage. This is grim. Yui never really liked the place. Less so now. To many memories of Faith.

Sorrow.

Perception roll, 1sux

"You want me to roll the bones... Fate might lend that truth your always looking for. I'm not so sure If I want to know myself" Longest sentence Yui has spoken to the Grim Duke. Normally he just came up with fancy titles for Sam like he did for everyone else he didn't know well. Yui opens a tiny paw revealing his precious lacquered die.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

Al-Adin ducks his head over the side of the building, looking down on the road for Sam's Vehicle.

Sam Barkley

PRE

"I don't need to be told we're screwed by some little cube," Sam grins. "I already know how it ends, but I want to be surprised with the 'how'. An' I don't want me fortune read. Yeh never know if yer lookin' at them things square-on. Like the old Greek guy, was tol' his death'd be caused by 'a fall from a great height.' Spent the rest of his life avoiding anythin' high up, only to be killed by a falling tortoise. Y'know? We can't change it, we don't need to know it. Just smile when it shows up." He cranes his neck to try and see the tops of buildings. "Al hasn't picked up? Do yeh see him at all?" Goddam, we are off to a helluva start if Monkey Boy's down already.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread