DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Dirge and Feeding

It was the appointed night and after grabbing a quick bite for the night Dirge found herself in route to Squattaville once again. Every fiber of her being told her this was a horrible idea and would only end badly for her, but the Prince had given her an assignment and she would carry it out.

The blind haunt scratched her guide dog's head as it panted softly beside her on the bus. So much had happened lately and she just wanted this night to be over and this homeless situation with her father to be behind her so she can focus on other things.

For Dirge the trip was nothing but a collection of sounds. That single mother singing softly to comfort her crying child, the group of teenagers talking noisily at the back of the bus, the grinding of the gears and the feel of the vehicle accelerating, and through all of this the ever present sound of the diesel engine punctuated by the hiss of the air brakes which are accompanied by the driver announcing the stops.

When they stopped at the location that Dirge had told the driver she got up and exited the bus. The thunk of her cane on the floor, the quiet clacking of Cerberus' nails on the ground, and the lingering odor of dirt was all that accompanied her departure. She slowly and methodically made her way toward the camp of the Rev'rend's men the distant sounds of open flame quickly sent her beast on edge and demanded that she retreat.

Dirge's return to Squattaville is quiet, the streets deserted. As she leads Cerberus to the entrance, the heat from additional trash-can-and-rubber-tire fires riles her Beast greatly, warning the Haunt to keep a safe distance. Below the roar of the fire, she hears hushed voices, barking dogs, hissing cats.

"Over here, miss, over here," calls out the familiar voice of Twice Said Fred. "You come alone then? You know we gotta check you for weapons, too, you know that?"

Dirge is gonna have to roll for Fear Frenzy this time. Since it's at a safe distance, you get a +2 to the roll. Your target number is 4, same as a bonfire. You're not in combat turns, so go ahead and take all your rolls.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Fear Franzy Fail

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

The beast was too strong and as Dirge tried to bring it undercontrol she felt it break free and through her force of will delayed the reaction to respond to Fred. "Alone, but losing control. I will return."

With that said Dirge turned and fled away from the camp with Cerberus running along side. She ran until the beast told her to stop and hide.

"Wha-"

The last thing Dirge hears is the confusion in Fred's voice. The only thing the Beast hears is the roar of flames, too close. As the blind woman bolts for safety, she finds her passage through the deserted streets quickly cut short, as a she falls to a hastily drawn trip wire. Before the Haunt can regain her legs, three hundred plus pounds of hot buttered cross-dresser takes a seat on her back. The Beast is strong, but not enough to push Pretty Bill off of her. Cerberus moves to defend his mistress but the Alley Cat Lady's mysterious sway over the mammalian mind, along with her posse of felines, convince the ghoul to stand down.

...the next thing Dirge hears is her father's voice, sad and ashamed. "She's coming back. I told you. Car- Dirge? You with us?"

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Her beast finally quieting, Dirge felt that she was pressed up against the ground on her stomach by what felt like several hundred pounds of body weight. Then she heard her father's voice asking if she was in control.

More time than I thought must have passed, of course they would call for him.

"Yeah," she said simply. Dirge had nothing else to say, no excuse for her actions. She was furious at herself for losing control like that, breaking the masquerade, and getting caught all in front of her father.

Guess there is no denying what I am now. Everyone here saw it. This is bad...really...really bad.

"You're happy like this?" he asks Carol condescendingly, as though he had found his daughter popping pills, or posing nude. Mister Stewart sighs. "Get off my daughter, Bill."

"Right, boss," rumbles the extra husky man in the sunflower dress. He stands up and she is free to rise. Cerberus still seems hypnotized by Harriet.

"I expect you have an answer for us," the Rev'rend tells Dirge confidently.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"You make the best of what is given you," Dirge said sadly in response to her father's statement. She realized that he likely didn't expect an answer from her, but she provided it anyway.

When Bill got off her she stood up after feeling around for her cane. If she was unable to find it she just stands up. "The answer is yes. We agree to the terms. If you are attacking the lizard creatures and their masters so are we."

Dirge finds the cane offered to her as she grasps around for it. Her father studies her face carefully for several moments. "Good," he says gruffly, then she can hear him pacing. "Lots of us have run into 'em, hearin' more stories all the time. Huntin in pairs. If we can knew where the nest was, or could get 'em all in one place, but these guerilla tactics make it difficult to do anythin' effective against 'em." He lights a cheap cigar and inhales deeply. "'Course, tryin' to make 'em talk is useless," he says darkly, from experience. "Some of 'em used to be us, we're pretty damn sure. Killed one the other night, same night we got you, had a tattoo just like Sarge. Any idea how they're changing ours into them?" he asks, as though a vampire ought to know.

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge listened to her father's words and then after a moment finally spoke. "I'd say it is almost a one hundred percent certainty that the creatures used to be homeless or random people taken off the street. I don't know for sure how they do it, but I suspect it involves magic that their group has perfected as well as some mind control ability to make them obedient. Think of it something like brainwashing. They shouldn't be able to have humans turn into lizard creatures, it isn't something I've ever heard any stories about, so this must be some rare ability they are using. I imagine they have a kind of a foot-soldier assembly line going on. Snatching people off the streets brainwashing them and turning them into soldiers for their cause to take over the city."

She thought for a moment considering things, "As far as where their nests are...I imagine they have staging camps in dark secluded areas, likely underground, nearby where most of the abductions take place. Those that...survive...I don't think they would change them there, they likely break them, and then take them someplace else to be...altered. They have been here for a very long time apparently, so expect them to be heavily dug in."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread