71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Character Creation (Info in First Post)

(449) Come All Ye Faithful
Mar 7, 2017 - Mar 29, 2017
Page 8 of 12 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Twist Scenes

ultra violent

1. I do not think there's any formal or informal rule about characters that cannot be former members of radical organizations. I mean, if it were unallowed then several established toons who have their own criminal empires and routinely use excessive violence would also stand on shaky ground. Also, Requiem protagonists are cannibalistic walking corpses who have to restrain themselves not to get homicidal on a nightly basis, so there's that.
    As far as I understand, as long as the organization did not have overarching connections with xenophobia, homophobia, racism or misogynistic ideals/beliefs they should be fine (i.e. Nazis/KKK). As always, approval of a concept is at the discretion of the storytellers for each Venue.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    u
    ultra violent

Thank you for your reply Youngblood.

I think I understand what you mean. It should be checked with the storytellers during character submission.

Like I outlined in my previous post it's mostly for historical context, it's not fundamental for the character concept, more like a bit of icing on top of the cake - it's not the cherry either...

And I understand if it's inappropriate, hence the question in the first post.

M
    Matrixchild

Thank you for your reply Woland.

I'm taking notes and I believe I understand what you mean. The focus of the character is actually social, I just want it to be somewhat upsetting to others - not to the point of being ashed or others avoiding her interaction but to actually provoke just a bit and walk in that thin line.

I guess it won't be easy, but then again the worst that can happen is to write some good story about how the Prince ashed a Carthian. I won't be sad I promise.
    Rebecca looks forward to hearing this somewhat upsetting social Carthian. I'm sure she'll be all smiles. (You'll know her when you meet her haha)

I'm having trouble coming up with a concept for mine, and sorta on covenant choice. I have all the Attributes, Skills, Merits, etc. that I want: I prioritized Mental focused on Intelligence, then Physical though mainly focusing on Dexterity there, Social is last and is equal right now but I will probably go more for Composure. I plan on being a Mekhet Khaibit so more stealthy but with my Mental atts and skills, I'm thinking more science-minded, maybe a scientist who could also work as a courier or spy? As for covenant, the Khaibit bloodline is usually associated with the Circle or LS but I really want to play a Dragon--granted, I have no rulebooks for any of the covenants so I know about the same amount about all the covenants ie none.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Science minded does seem to me to fit the way the Ordo Dracul is playing in this venue. Of course, I am not impartial: I'd love to play IC with your character as a fellow Dragon!

8. Likes shinjidai liked this post
    C
    Cross

The fact that the Khaibit bloodline in the book is usually Circle or LS does not stop you from playing a Dragon. However, I would encourage you to review the materials set out in the VtR Corebook about the basics of each. Have you had the opportunity to do that?

If you pick any particular Covenant, it may be worth picking up the Covenant book to flesh out your flavor. It is also totally okay to be recruited into a covenant in play if that's a direction that interests you.

Tag me using "@Cross" when you reply, please, so I don't miss your reply.

Cross

I have had the chance to look through the basics of the Covenants in the corebook and that's what initially drew me to the Ordo Dracul. I'd love to get the sourcebook for it, maybe if I have some extra money this week I'll pick up the PDF at least.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

I wanted to edit my previous response but I can't figure out how if there is a way...anyhow, I picked up the sourcebook for the Ordo and am at the part about the various clans roles in the Ordo and my character seems to fit pretty well, especially what it said about the Mekhet generally going for the Coil of Banes first--that was exactly the one I was going for, especially with the Khaibit bloodline. The whole book is amazingly written and a great source, so thank you for your recommendation. I think I'm finally getting the character down the way I like, I have a tentative concept and am working on a name so I'll probably be submitting it sometime in the next day or two and seeing what feedback I get.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    W
    Woland

You can only edit your post for 5 minutes after you place it. Otherwise, I'm happy you found a character concept appealing to you.

u
    ultra violent

So I halted my plans to join earlier because of my time constrains to participate but now I anticipate I will have availability to join you all in telling nice stories.

The concept I intend to play changed I tried to create a few personal hooks in the backstory - to be revealed during play - with the intention of providing space for personal horror and having very deep personal reasons to be in Sacramento aside of ideological Carthian rhetoric.

I submitted the character and now I look forward to join you all.

Page 8 of 12 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
+ Reply to Thread