Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
Character Creation (Info in First Post)

(449) Come All Ye Faithful
Mar 7, 2017 - Mar 29, 2017
Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Hello again,

After spending some time reviewing the rules and such, I think I'm starting to form an idea/concept. But I do have a few questions first. According to the rules, the vampire venue allows the creation of Mortals/Ghouls, and that idea does speak to me a little. Is this still allowed, or is it frowned upon?

If allowed, I do see that it requires a connection with an existing character in the venue, so this may be off the table anyway, unless there's someone out there who might be open to a PC ghoul or mortal connection? Please let me know.

Looking forward to any thoughts/ideas!

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Hello again,

After spending some time reviewing the rules and such, I think I'm starting to form an idea/concept. But I do have a few questions first. According to the rules, the vampire venue allows the creation of Mortals/Ghouls, and that idea does speak to me a little. Is this still allowed, or is it frowned upon?

If allowed, I do see that it requires a connection with an existing character in the venue, so this may be off the table anyway, unless there's someone out there who might be open to a PC ghoul or mortal connection? Please let me know.

Looking forward to any thoughts/ideas!
    Wow! That’s interesting! The site has a super deep wiki with house rulings going back ten years, so it will have some things that are not invalid but that have not been in practice for sometimes years. So the bottom line is that the current ST rules on what will work best for their venue currently. Steven is the current Vampire Story Teller.

That said, it sounds interesting and right now no one else is doing it.

You make a good point about the ST, so I'll have to reach out to Steven for some more info.

Thanks!

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Steven

So... as for PC Ghouls are concerned. They would need to have a relation to a current active vampire. That player would need to purchase a 5 dot ghoul.

Also, that XP would not be refundable if the ghoul player drops. The pc ghoul would then because a npc ghoul similar to Twist's Kalos.

Also there is a HUGE commitment being made between Players of a Regnant and Ghoul. Such that in the 10 years of the site, I have never seen it done successfully, where the ghoul player didn't end up feeling left out, bored, or unhappy, and the ghoul ends up being dropped.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

So... as for PC Ghouls are concerned. They would need to have a relation to a current active vampire. That player would need to purchase a 5 dot ghoul.

Also, that XP would not be refundable if the ghoul player drops. The pc ghoul would then because a npc ghoul similar to Twist's Kalos.

Also there is a HUGE commitment being made between Players of a Regnant and Ghoul. Such that in the 10 years of the site, I have never seen it done successfully, where the ghoul player didn't end up feeling left out, bored, or unhappy, and the ghoul ends up being dropped.
    Now see, that makes me totally want to participate in doing it somehow!

What a challenge!

It definitely does sound less appealing the way you've described it lol. And 5 dots is no cheap investment for someone to make. I had submitted a standard Vamp character already, figuring it might be something like this. Thanks for the info, Steven.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Hey all,

I was thinking of playing a scumbag mortal character. Maybe someone like a barfly stool pigeon for a gang/clan/coven. He would gather information, fence illegal goods, and setup shady transactions for the local criminal scene. I would like to play him as utility/satellite character that provides finances and information to paying customers. Can I make a WOD mortal character or do I have to play a supernatural type?? Would this work?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

The Changeling, Mage and Vampire venues don't run Mortals.

It has been tried but it has never worked.

Also, given the nature of the play by post format, your concept wouldn't work (the niche the character fits in would be expressed by other player's XP spends).

The general concept would probably have more success as a Hunter where the information gathering / not-so-legal equipment buys could form the basis of a scene or two.

12. Likes , Ruach, liked this post

Hello, I wanted to make my first Character for Vampire and thought I'd run it by this thread.

Since it's my first character on the forum and because I think it would be nice, I was actually thinking of making it a ghoul if someone is willing to do that with me.
    But if not, the concept I had in mind will also work as a Vampire with some minor tweaks.

Dot-Wise the concept is supposed to be the oWoD classic of Charm-n-Shoot just in the nWoD Setting (so that it won't be insanely overpowered like in oWoD thanks to how Celerity worked there).

Story-Wise I was thinking of some Lackey-type of character that is good at getting stuff done for others, since it's what he always did best.
    But in his old home in Europe the people he pledged allegiance to seriously messed up which means he had to flee really far away. (Maybe there are some background merits that reflect a messed up or shady past that can hurt you in the future, have to look into that)

If he is a ghoul his Vampire Master died and he not only had to flee far away, he also seriously needs his fix of Vitae, which would be how he got to know the Vampire who would take him in.
    I was thinking that he would be in the city for a few months to half a year by the time I my first posts start, so that he isn't fresh off the boat (since the rules clearly state that we shouldn't do that).

If he won't be a ghoul I was thinking Daeva Invictus or Carthian Movement, would still need to read up on how these are organized here in this city. I think back where he came from he probably was part of the Invictus, but I could imagine him switching to the Carthian Movement when he starts his new life somewhere else.

So, are there any opinions on this character Idea, or people that would be willing to take in a ghoul?
    (Skimming over other peoples Idea it seems to be something that usually doesn't seem to work out that well, so it would be understandable if I should go for big boy vampire instead of for a ghoul, but if someone would be open I'd love to try anyway)

14. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Hello, Samoht
    A ghoul could be an option if you can find in active Regnant. We haven't seen that in a bit, but there are rules for it. http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Ghoul
    I do want to mention some aspects that might be difficult for play, such as
    QuoteQuote:
    Ghouls occupy a special place in Vampire society. In the most basic sense they are a violation of the First Tradition, as they often know as much about Vampires as Vampires know about themselves. However ghouls are not treated the same way as other mortals who have discovered the truth behind the MasqueradeInstead, they are treated in much the same way as the traditional mortal nobility have treated their family retainers, with a sense of insouciant indifference combined with a certain paternal condescension.
    If you are comfortable with the fact that your character, as a ghoul, won't be welcome to sit at the table in social scenes, then it could be intriquing play.

I am unsure about the Charm and shoot idea, what that entails. Lackey would be fitting, as thats what the ghoul is. You likely want some expertise or skill to make him desirable above another Retainer.
    Regarding your ideas - it could be tricky if he's in the area for months to half a year. As a rogue ghoul, he could be seen as a threat to security. It is possible he could use contacts or allies to delicately arrange a meeting with a vampire who could take him on. This does depend on if you have found a willing player to take him on.

We can hold a few days to see if any one posts in here with the request to take you on as a ghoul. Do you have the intention of him becoming a Vampire? That would be an investment on the part of the player - signifigniant. So likely want to build trust there and likely clarify expectations.

Vampire character:
    I would spend some time reading this and follow the links to gain an understanding of the venue.
    http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Chara...on_for_Vampire & the general Character Creation rules http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Character_Creation_Rules

So we have a thriving Invictus population if he wants to arrive as an Invictus. I always advise sending a letter on ahead to the Invictus announcing his arrival (likely as his first post), which smooths out his introduction and eliminates faux pas.
    http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Invictus
    We do not have any Carthians present.
    What is your understanding of the Invictus? Having an idea of what he provides to the meritocracy could be a great thing for him to mention in his introduction. A title of function to pursue or having already been trained in it is an idea. Perhaps his sire was a Advocate, Librettist or Player, and taught him the skills and function he would perform for the Covenant.
    You certainly want to read over terms of address and surrounding chapters, including Blood Oaths. Invictus is not a starter covenant and can be quick to pounce on mistakes. I do enjoy it, especially the meritocracy and Blood Oath aspects, and the mentor and student aspects.

Daeva have 3 members and could be a good Clan to choose, go ahead and look at the Bloodlines in the Invictus book if any intrique you.
    We have a page for Vampire House rules. http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Categ...re_House_Rules Definitely check Haven as that seems to be missed alot.
    http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Haven

I will be checking in on this thread, feel free to @ me with additional thoughts or questions.

16. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
+ Reply to Thread