Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Character Creation (Info in First Post)

(449) Come All Ye Faithful
Mar 7, 2017 - Mar 29, 2017
Page 11 of 12 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

1. As Saber has said, any reason for relocating is good. People come and go in Sacramento often.

2. Do you mean an ASL translator or different languages? I wouldn't build your character concept around being a translator as characters need to speak English. If it suits her concept to know different languages, definitely keep the idea.

3- I'm an all in LGBTQ+ ally, so I approve of using any pronoun applies to your character.

I am at the limit for characters at the moment. So vampire is wait-list until I find an AST. I'll @ you when it opens up.

2. Likes , pisces liked this post

1. Awesome!

2. I was thinking former professional background in Asian languages for hobby, flavour and just character building. Plus maybe occasional income if opportunity presents itself or for plot uses.

3. Yay.

Thanks. Any at all timeline on this? Just to keep expectations in check for daily or more monthly check-ins.

Ah. Also, since my character concept seems to be playable (which is great), is there any need for such services (truth finding, in whichever form) in Courte? Just to think on future avenues for character and play.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    K

Hey all,

So I love the idea of making a nun character for the Lancea Sanctum, and am trying to flesh out how a vampire convent would work. The only place I can see it mentioned is in the Eleventh Canon of the Principle Theology but I don't think the details behind how to handle vampiric convents and monasteries are actually written anywhere unless someone has homebrewed it. Would it work similarly to the rules for Mendicants but you have to own and maintain a shared Haven with others?

Jennifer Hazelton

Hello,
    I would certainly accept a nun character for the Lancea Sanctum, if all the t's are crossed. What is your concept beyond nun, if you don't mind me asking. I am unaware of any homebrew. Have you looked to see who else is a member of the LS? Its possible to reach out to them IC once you are approved to see how you could contribute and if your plans align.
    There is a shared Haven merit that one can use for the site. It is used for characters to share Haven dots together.

K

Okay so, in life she was a postulate of the Sisters of Mercy with the Catholic Diocese of Sacramento, having entered the convent after serving a court-ordered rehabilitation program. She was frustrated with the patriarchal authority that the priests held over the nuns by default, which made her hesitant to fully commit to her religious vows. She was Embraced by a lusty Daeva with a Madonna-Whore Complex and a fetish for deflowering innocent types like nuns and, after a period of adjustment and acclimatisation to undeath, found herself to be much more comfortable in the Lancea Sanctum as they accept all genders and sexualities equally. She interprets undeath as her calling and Catholicism as merely a gateway to reach her true purpose and elects to take vows and set up her own rehabilitation centre to welcome new Kindred off of the streets and into the night.

I really like the Livian faith, even if it's counted as heresy, mainly because of the dark mirror it offers to Mary worship which most nuns are associated with, dedicating themselves to living by the values that Mary upheld. Reading up on it, there seem to be lesser and greater heresies under Livian faith. I'd consider having this character following the mildest form of Livian Heresy, believing in Livia's divine role in delivering Longinus so that he can meet Jesus at the cross, but rejecting any notion that she and Mary are one entity, or that she is the Crone. Perhaps she'd have an ambition to give Livians a good name through many years of pious services and demonstrations of skill, just as the Icarians were once considered a heresy and have now been welcomed into the flock.

I think the only active LS member is currently Connor Wells? As he's a Dark Templar and my character is more of a support-based character they could work well together although it would depend on how he felt about the Livian aspect. There was a Sister Adora (sp?) but not sure she's active anymore.

Jennifer Hazelton

Yes, Conner Wells is the other LS member. Sister Adora is no longer active.
    I believe you have a solid concept KaiserBorg . I look forward to seeing your vampire character submission.

Jennifer Hazelton

Hello folks, as someone asked the question in discord, I want to announce that there are three open Vampire slots.

Hello there, I am thinking of a vampire character, "Vampire Loses Faith" as a concept, he is a character because of how he grew up has a set belief in God, and because of all the Longinus (may have misspelled that) stuff. Which he finds super blasphemous, he kinda has lost faith and is looking for something new or perhaps convinced based on gameplay.

Twist Scenes

Sounds like a fun concept, depending a little how open he is about finding the Lancea (and maybe to a lesser egree the Circle as well) blasphemous.
    What could give you some great rp foidder is thinking about what sort of experiences the character has already made with the religion clubs and (and that will deffo influence his look on his new existence) what covenant his fanger 'family' (Sire and maybe other kids of his Sire) belong(ed) to.

Well I was thinking he is a Filipino so ethnically he comes from a catholic country, and I can't quite find a Vampire book that says what covenant majority is there, I would take a wild guess and think it's split between Lancea and Circle. He would probably be inducted first into Lancea but he doesn't exactly except Longinus.

Page 11 of 12 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
+ Reply to Thread