Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Eternal Court

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

We're going to start a bit of an experiment with the Avalon's underground.

There will be an ongoing Sticky to represent that 'constant' Court, that characters are free to wander in and out of. The normal Court rules apply, and the thread will periodically be closed and a new one opened when information needs to become 'usable' in continuity.

So basically envision it as a nightly party you can show up for, with herds, ghouls, other vamps, etc. It's also a place that you can go to get Ack'ed, or see notables without hunting them down.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

S
    Steven

<---- LOVES this idea

S
    Steven

I have a question. How does this thread work continueity wise? Can a person be in this thread and in a Non-Sticky? What about time frame wise? when does stuff that happens in this thread occur? Like in the current Avalon thread Mark advised the others to go down to the Underground to talk privately. But if they move to the underground sticky and the thread they are leaving doesn't end for another week continuity is thrown off. So I am just curious on how that all works...

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

They go downstairs; if something significant enough happens, the Court thread will end and a new one begins.

QuoteQuote:
    The normal Court rules apply, and the thread will periodically be closed and a new one opened when information needs to become 'usable' in continuity.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

D
    Divinity

I have a suggestion: Why not make a whole sub folder for court, with each one tagged (perhaps by date) so that you know they are going on concurrently? The court thread was very unwieldy to me, and especially not being able to check every day I got very lost, especially trying to figure out who was standing near me or addressing me and who wasn't. I know other people expressed they too get lost in court threads.

Then maybe sticky in the court thread any announcements or goings on that everyone would see or hear, such as the Prince calling attention and making an announcement, someone using awe, etc, with a link to the thread that this occurrence happened in.

Just a suggestion. It's hard to read a thread where the conversation you're involved in is only happening every 3 posts or so. Maybe its just because I'm newer and don't know who plays which character, idk.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'm re-visiting this idea, because EC has become so unwieldy and impossible to close.

I think we'll try EC in it's own forum, and each conversation will be a thread. When the conversation ends, the thread closes and it's "done". It will basically be a bunch of havens scenes running concurrently.

Any objections?

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

I think that sounds like a pretty nifty idea. They do get quite big and difficult to deal with otherwise.

S
    Steven

It sounds okay but how does it work for Continuity?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

When convos end and the thread closes, it's done.

S
    Steven

So its not a sticky where it occurs on the day its opened?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread