Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Grand Opening (belle fleur)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

As the sun falls behind the Sacramento skyline, the new restaurant belle fleur opens its wooden fence gates.

Its been a long day for Alcée thus far. Having sent his help out to hang fliers he was left to get the restaurant in order before opening, and it was a crazy mess up until the very last second. Now, with the gates open, Alcée could sit at one of the white, wire framed, outdoor tables and try to relax. Still, all he could do was worry. He worried that the plants weren't ready for show even though the long shadows that were falling on the vine covered fences. The plants, Confederate Jasmine, grew every where; up the small building that housed the indoor seating and kitchen, all over the fences, twisting around booths and gazebos but Alcée could see their flaws - patches where the vines were fully grown in particular. His ability with plants may make the sprout at a whisper or a touch but it could speed the hands of time. The ends of the vines slowly curl and twist, a new green leaf or small un-blossomed bud at their tip.

and where the hell's that drink?

"It looks beautiful," a familiar voice says to him from behind his seat in the court yard. It was Esther - his friend and help, returned from her duty of hanging fliers. The big woman puts a hand on Alcée's shoulder while she takes in the true loveliness of the restaurant; white flowers in bloom on long vines, booths and tables glowing with little lit candles, and white lights strung through the tree branches above. Esther could hardly believe that she was so far from home with all these Confederate flowers in bloom around her.

Alcée smiles at his friend, she could see beauty where he saw only worry and concern, and just as he does she hands him the drink he asked the bartender for at least thirty minutes ago.

she's always taking up the slack, he thought, watching Esther walk away cooing over every little detail.

The Flowering Fairest takes a drink from his straight brandy and ice and it makes the vines on back of his neck twist and curl in revolt. He wears his finest white suit, silk gray undershirt, matching white tie, and black leather loafers. Long vines hang on him just as they do in all over the fences in the courtyard and they are all in bloom with whitish-yellow flowers.

Taking this quiet minute before the guests arrive to think of home Alcée scolds himself for leaving Louisiana at such a critical time. At home the coastal plants and sea-life are being choked out by deadly black oil and here he is; partying in California. A few blooms wilt and fall out of his flowering hair at the sad thought; one even floats into his drink but he ignores it and takes another harsh swig of the fiery liquid.

As the first guest arrives Alcée Laballière stands, pushing back all the negativity and bringing forth a big warm smile. "Welcome," he says in his smooth deep accented voice, "please, enjoy yourselves!"

Check the link above for pictures and a better description of the establishment

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Neil needed a break, and had been living on ramen for so long that the sight of tin foil made him gag. He had some plans for Glissade, and was saving every dime, but the slow realization that if he didn't eat some real food soon that he was going to literally die was beginning to sink in.

So here he was, and it was no surprise: Wyrd called to Wyrd, and his Wisp fluttered in bliss, intoxicated by the aroma of the jasmine. While he actually preferred honeysuckle or bougainvillea, he had to admit that it was beautiful, and gave the restaurant instant personality.

He looked around, curious to see if anyone he knew was about -- more importantly, if Summers were going to burst out of the jasmine and try to ambush him.

The thought was silly...

...but so were Summers.

pic

[banner]nf[/banner]

The woman had tried to brush down her hair but there really was little point. It still looked like a mop had been placed on her head. Instead, Gianna arrived at belle fleur wearing a floral patterned dress and carrying what appeared to be a bag from WalMart, her attire designed entirely on a whim.

She looked up at the moon before entering, satisfied. She was going to be very full before the night was out.

"Oh, hello fugitive," Gianna said as introduction to Nightfall, smiling lightly and peering at him through those big spectacles. "Interesting aura. I like."

Simon Oita had taken note of the Spring logo emblazoned on the advertisement, and wondered if it was legitimate or just a coincidence. Normally he found the Court of Desire to be trite and frivolous, but he was curious.

Walking in he found the way the place was coated in flowers to be tasteful, though the sweet citrus-y smell was almost overpowering. Then he sees that the seemingly head honcho here was, in fact, one of the Lost.

His curiosity sated, he decides to see what else he can make of the evening. Deciding against disturbing the Host, he instead makes his way over to the other Changeling currently in attendance.

Simon approaches Nightfall and introduces himself "Hello. I'm Simon. I think I've seen you around town but I can't remember if we've been introduced."

Instead of a Summer there is Spring. Alcée, pleasantly surprised to see the glow of Glamour about a couple of his quests, is the one that 'pops' out of the bushes to greet Nightfall and Simon.

He approaches the small gathering that was forming with a big warm smile, Simon notices that the Flowering's presence intensifies the sweet smell that's already assaulting his senses. "welcome my good sirs, madam, glad to see you could make it. Please, help yourself to whatever you desire, my wait staff has been instructed to, take care, of certain quests you see." The Fairest chuckles slightly for seemingly no other reason than just being pleased with the progression of his night, "My name's Alcée, Laballière owner of this fine establishment you've stumbled upon. Me and my friend here," he motions to the big woman dressed in vibratant colors and tending to guests with a loud cheery attitude, "Esther, hail from Louisiana, any y'all familiar with the area?"

Esther, hearing her name mentioned, immediately comes over and she seems to think that everyone is all ready acquainted, "it sure is a pleasure to meet some friends of Mr.Laballière all the way out here across that desert! Please tell me what kind of drinks you're havin', make yourselves comfortable, come come," the pudgy woman begins arranging tables and chairs for them within one of the gazebos before they even get to be properly introduced. Both Alcée and Esther have a thick southern accent but the Flowering's accent has a touch of French mixed in even though he didn't know more than a couple words in the language.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Some things surprise you, and some dont -- which is a surprise in itself. The moment passed with the mental image of a gardener carefully tending her plants, and Nightfall raised a finger to his lips with wide, laughing, eyes at the word 'fugitive'.

He nodded, and replied, "Thank you... thank you very much." Except the nod was more than a nod, and he wasn't talking about his Mantle, at all.

As Simon approaches, he smiles, and holds out his hand to shake. "The same... and I'm Neil."

Then the host appeared, and Neil's smile grew slightly. It was a shame that Alcee wasn't at the ascension festival, and the cultured good looks of a savannah in bloom made him think of Alice briefly.

"Hi, I'm Neil,"
    he repeated, offering his hand to Alcee as well. "I've done the requisite tour of Bourbon Street, but that's kinda touristy, and doesn't count, does it?"

What a strange dinner party to walk into.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice didn't feel like cooking and so she decided that she would try a place that she heard about recently. When she arrived and saw the large number of flowers a big smile spread across her face. They were beautiful and really gave a lovely atmosphere to the restaurant.

Since the days and evenings were so warm these days Alice arrived wearing a nice low cut floral print summer dress and flip flops. Her fox tail poked out the bottom of her skirt and along with her ears the fur had a noticable blue and gray color of an arctic fox in its summer coat. In her mein her hair and skin were still her normal white color despite the fur's change.

It didn't take long to spot Gianna and Nightfall. When she did Alice stopped and watched for a moment. I wonder if he is holding a grudge over what happened between us.

She made her way over to them and the unknown people with them and spoke politely. "Good evening Neil, Gianna. It is good to see the two of you well."

Alice in her dress

"Nice to meet you, I believe it does count in a way," Alcée answers Neil in a delighted sort of fashion. When Alice makes her way past the hostesses and over to them he decides its past time to check on Esther's work over at the gazebo. So, with a sweeping gesture he direction his fellow Lost quests to a private seating area in the courtyard, "right this way, Esther has set up some thing a bit more private."

The gazebo is wrapped in thick vines and quite private just as advertised, the Lost can talk about whatever they wish here assuming the waitress wasn't taking orders at the time. When they climb the two or three steps and enter the outdoor room made of vine, blooms and white wood there is a waitress waiting for them wearing a white shirt, black skirt and tie. She's already holding a notepad. "Hi everyone please have a seat, all orders at these tables are comped tonight so don't be afraid to take a look at the menu," says the perky waitress.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Everything counts," Neil agreed, smiling with the other man's infectious mood.

The smile slipped away as Alice appeared; another shrub ninja. Pink starbursts appeared on his cheeks, but the Prismatic Heart refused to reveal whether it was from anger, embarrassment, or something else entirely inspired by her decolletage.

"Hello, Alice,"
    he said simply, studying her with his expressive eyes.

Then Alcee was shepherding them, their party of four, and there was never a chance to protest or bow out before he found himself seated. Ignoring the waitress, Neil let his menu dip and arched an eyebrow at Alice. "We decided right before you arrived that it's a secret that I'm a fugitive -- so you have to pinky swear to Gianna that you won't tell any of the muckety mucks that you've seen me."

Again, there's nothing in his eyes to indicate if he's trying to make a joke to ease the situation, being defiant, or something in between.

Gianna watched as more and more fae joined them, eyes quickly scanning their forms with a trained eye.

A Wizened of artistic nature but with a soldier's bearing.

The Queen herself, cold of skin with some changes it seems. Furry.

Finally, the restaurant owner himself, one of the flowering Fairests.

My, how the freehold has grown.

"A pleasure to meet you Simon," she offers before addressing Alice. "My dear! You'll catch your death with something so brazen!" Gianna smiles still, a twinkle in her eyes.

As they are lead to their table, Gianna places her bag next to her seat, making sure one of the chair legs hooks between the handle, just in case any thieves were out and about. Peering through her menu, the Commons Keeper really was not sure of this foreign food and so looked up as she heard her name.

Holding up her wrinkled little finger, Gianna wiggled it conspiratorially towards the Queen. "Air pinky?" she offered.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread