Victoria arrived at the Sundown Sacramento Hotel for the meeting she had arranged with the Reeve. She wore a white corset with black a black scrollwork design on it which left her shoulders bare, and a long black skirt. Finally draped over her shoulders was a white shawl to ward off the evening chill; not that she needed it.

After entering the lobby the Harpy looked around for Gary, who was the Reeve's assistant. When she spotted the man she made her way over and smiled, "Good evening. This is Miss Stamford here to see Mister Culler. I have an appointment."

Gary leads Victoria to Arnold's office which has changed none-at-all since the last time she had visited. Entering she finds Arnold behind the desk, working on a desktop computer. When she enters, however, he pushes aside the keyboard "Madame Harpy Stamford. What a pleasure. Please, have a seat." he says, making a gesture to indicate the chair opposite the desk or the sofa along the wall.

Victoria smiled broadly as the distinguished man greeted her. She had to confess it was nice to hear the title as people addressed her. The prince had been good to her and she had to make sure and return the favor.

"Lord Councilor Culler. Thank you for agreeing to meet with me; it is a pleasure as always." She dipped her head and bowed slightly at the waist showing her respect for the man and his position.

After she rose Victoria made her way to the couch and hoped he would join her. She wanted to keep the atmosphere a little less formal than being separated by a desk. The chestnut haired beauty sat on the couch and crossed her legs as she did so. Then smiled up invitingly at the man.

Arnold stands and moves around the desk to be seated beside Victoria. There they sat, the lithe, thin beauty beside the hulking beast. "Now, then," he begins conversationally "To what do I owe the charm of this visit?"

"I understand you are a busy man so I will do my best to keep this brief. I came to voice some concern I had and to offer a proposition." Victoria looked up to and smiled at the large man as she continued.

"But first if what I hear is correct, congratulations are in order. You have sought to embrace a childe?"

Arnold nods, a small smile on his lips. "You've heard correctly. I have somewhat recently requested the right of Creation and been granted it by His Majesty. These things take time, however, as I am waiting to ensure that my candidate is prepared for the Embrace and that I am prepared to be her Sire. A Haunt's Childehood can be a traumatizing thing, moreso perhaps than other Clan's, and I want the situation to be just right. I believe though, that that time is coming very soon." He wondered briefly how she had found out, perhaps she was closer to Asa than Arnold had previously known.

"I'm curious as to the nature of this proposition you speak of."

"Congratulations then! I'm certain that with your skill and ability that you will do fabulously. But you are right siring a childe takes time and preparation." Victoria beamed as she leaned in toward the large man, which gave him an excellent view down her corset and thus her rather impressive cleavage.

She changed her expression to one of concern, and as she looked up at the man she gently placed a hand on his knee. "However, even the most skilled mentors and the most promising childer can run into problems and make mistakes as they grow and learn. As Harpy this puts me in a perfect position to minimize this bad publicity minimizing the social fallout from such public mistakes. You know like a social safety net. I would be more than happy to offer such service, but this brings me to the other reason I have requested your time this evening." Smiling, Victoria paused to give Arnold time to respond or ask any questions.

It is impossible to deny the beauty of the Ventrue Priscus, and Harpy of Sacramento, Victoria Stamford. One cannot help but glimpse at such a full bosom, and her hand on his leg is interesting to say the least. Still, Arnold had recently had some bad experience with beautiful female vampires, and so it is with hidden suspicion that he views Victoria's very friendly behavior.

He turned his focus to the conversation at hand, listening closely to Victoria's initial offer of insurance versus social fallout. "I assure you that no such safety net will be required, but I shall remember your kind offer should the unthinkable occur. Please, continue." He says, gesturing for her to go on.

It bothered Victoria that Arnold didn't see any value in the service she could provide, but she didn't let it show. She continued to smile up at him unphased, however, she removed her hand from his knee and leaned back a little, yet still remained close.

"Well I'm certainly glad to here that. I can't wait to meet your childe when they are ready for public appearances. However, if you need a helpful nudge for a childe's budding career that may also be of some value. But, enough of that. My second item on the agenda involves the Invictus itself."

"Lord Councilor, let me begin by saying that you and the Viscountess are both beyond doubt an invaluable and prominent part of the domain. You yourself are quite accomplished, Lord Councilor, Priscus of Haunts, Reeve, and Regent...quite an impressive and distinguished list. Both of you are beyond question examples of what it means to be Unconquered. Then there is Lady Councilor Pia." Victoria paused for a brief moment to let implied gap between the two councilors widen.

"The Lady Councilor holds an position and as such is due respect. However, the only position she held in the city was stripped away publicly by the Prince in a shameful display before the entire city. I know I don't need to say anymore concerning that, as you are well aware of the negative light this casts on us. Furthermore, the Lady Councilor couldn't even follow through with a recruitment properly and her prospect either withdrew or vanished. Finally, I'm certain as a knight the woman is a great swordswoman, but can one really be considered a Meister of Arms if they have never even had a student or so much as taught anyone a simple sword stroke? I fear that while the Lady Councilor may have served her position in the past I fear that she may become a liability for the First Estate if she has not become one already. Can a woman marked with such failure we worthy of the title Councilor of the First Estate? Perhaps it would be best that she step down, think about her position in the First Estate while another takes her place...someone with a more prominent position in the domain." The implications in her voice and her eyes where clear who she meant by that.

Ah, so now we come to it

Arnold hmms, a deep sound emanating from the big man's chest. Regina had always been a loyal and valuable ally to him. Once he had thought that she was his best ally in the Invictus. Things had changed since then, however, and, though she remained irreplaceable in combat, Victoria wasn't incorrect that her political value had lessened significantly following her recent... indiscretions.

"Lady Councilor Pia has done much for me, and often expected little in return. My endorsement of her demotion would not be something I would consider lightly. The Invictus besides, I wonder what I would have to gain from such a move."
Now it was time to find out what this was worth to the pretty Harpy.

"I think the correct question would be, what do you stand to lose from supporting Lady Pia," Victoria said pleasantly.

"Lord Councilor, I'm not doubting her ability with a blade, but last court she had a chance to show the domain the strength of an Invictus Knight and redeem her honor and the honor of every Invictus member present, but instead she sat around and watched. While I've been busy making allies, forging relationships, and becoming a name across the domain, which is paying off for me, Lady Pia has apparently spent her time twiddling her thumbs and offending the Prince. By supporting her now you run the risk of her further disgracing us and perhaps next time she will drag you and the rest of the First Estate down with her, after all she is in a position of leadership. Is that a risk you are willing to take? I think that is plenty of incentive to endorse someone who actually has influence and authority in the city as the Royal Harpy and Ventrue Priscus. You also gain a friendly ear and ally of someone with said influence over someone who's influence doesn't extend beyond the reach of her sword arm. I would be far more valuable to you as an ally than in opposition Lord Councilor."

Arnold studies the Ventrue sitting beside him. She was very bold to presume that could tell the Lord Councilor what was best for him and the First Estate.

"I do not fear your opposition, Madame Harpy, nor do I appreciate being told what is good for me. As you can see," Arnold gestures widely to indicate the Hotel, the Domain, and his standing in the city, "I have done a fine job of deciding that for myself."

Arnold shakes his head "No, I will require more than that. In case it didn't occur to you, you are asking me for a favor. Let me clarify, the Invictus besides, do you have anything to offer besides a friendly ear and your influence? I possess both already, you understand."

He leans back, watching Victoria, wondering what her response would be. The woman had powerful friends, this was obvious from her revelation regarding her knowledge of Arnold's plans to sire, but Arnold felt that he well within his rights to not be worried should the Harpy boldly decide to take offense.

Victoria looked shocked when he suggested she was threatening him. "Lord Councilor. I apologize for the poor choice of words. At that time I was not implying a threat of any kind to your person. I was merely stating that we were currently not allies."

She thought for a long moment staring at the large man beside her. She looked far more distant than before and in fact she had moved a little further away and looked as the she was preparing to stand up and leave. "I see. You feel that your assistance in this is worth more than the benefits of having a positive working relationship between us would bring. You are right that you have gained much in the domain, which I myself have even mentioned. However, if you feel that Lady Councilor Pia is the only one with short comings in the domain you are unfortunately mistaken. Lady Pia's shortcomings are mostly private within the Invictus apart from this last display at court, which make them easier to conceal."

"Yours, on the other hand, are open and on display for the entire city to see. After all who's job is it to ensure the safety of this domain? With Brood still in the city and causing problems, the inability to quell an uprising of inebriated transients,
the inability to find Mister Hatori or perhaps you didn't bother to look for the man because you were too busy taking his job, humiliating the Prince by not meeting his court deadline for Mister Hatori's return. Maybe I should be explaining all this to Mister Hatori? I wonder how long the Prince will be able to overlook your inability to keep order in his city. The Lord Councilor is fortunate that the Prince granted him the rite of embrace considering all that. Perhaps I should be speaking with the Viscountess and the Lady Councilor as well as Mister Hatori?"

Arnold chuckles darkly "As you said, and have so eloquently reinforced with your analyzation of my deeds, my record is clear for all to see. And, yet, here I remain and shall continue to remain. Don't you understand, Madame Stamford? I have nothing to fear from you. Just because you have the Prince and Viscountess' ear does not mean that you wield their power, and have you forgotten that I have held status in these areas before you ever even emerged in our city?"

Arnold pauses, studying Victoria "I have tried to be as obvious as I could. I have more or less told you, in plain speech, that, if you could make me feel as if it were worth it to me, that I would support you. Yet, you have decided to insult me by bringing up what shortcomings I've had, and threaten me by suggesting you might mention them to my superiors. Instead of playing ball, offering me some sort of recompense, or even a favor to be named later, you have decided to make a potential enemy which, no matter how well you think of yourself, I do not believe you are prepared to face."

He smirks at her "I believe, once, I would not have let you leave my office on your feet - considering your level of impudence. Perhaps I'm going soft, however. As things stand right now I will be directly opposing your rise to Councilor - if for no other reason than to see you fail. I will give you one final chance, however, should you wish to make an apology and resume negotiation as if this little... disagreement.. had never happened."

It disturbed Arnold greatly that such a rift might spring up in the Invictus, and he sorely hoped that Victoria would take his offer. If she did not, however, he was completely willing to act on his words.

The Lord Councilor was right, this was the Invictus, but he just didn't get it that much was clear.

Victoria's face got stern she mulled over the man's words in her mind. Then after several moments her smile returned and she returned her gaze to the large grayish man. "Of course Lord Councilor," she said before bowing at the waist from next to him on the couch. "Please forgive my impertinence in this matter."

As she rose of her bow she looked up at him still smiling. "And what does the Lord Councilor believe would be fair compensation for his valuable assent?"

Arnold contemplates Victoria, seeming to relax a bit. After a few quiet moments he smiles "I admire your boldness, Madame Harpy Stamford. I want you to know that. I also appreciate your ability to be humble. Anything to see your purpose done, am I right? I've always felt that these things were important attributes for a member of the Invictus."

I've personally gained much from the application of such attributes in my Requiem

He goes on "I find the idea of naming my own price distasteful, so let us just agree that you are asking me for a favor. In return, in the future, I may ask one of you. How does that sound?"

Victoria thought for a moment studying the man before her. After a brief time she smiled broadly and nodded. "That sounds acceptable. So it sounds like we have a deal then." Victoria bowed at the waist once again and kept her gaze downward. "Lord Councilor thank you for your understanding and your time in this matter. I look forward to working more closely together in the future."

After rising Victoria looked up at Arnold and smiled politely, "I don't wish to take up anymore of your time this evening than needed. I'm sure you are quite busy. Is there anything further you wish to discuss?"

Arnold stands, signaling that the meeting was done "No, I think I'm quite finished."

"I would wish you the best in the nights to come, Madame Harpy, I'd hate for it to be your downfall I am discussing the next time."
his large shoulders shake a bit with a small chuckle at the little joke.

Victoria stood with Arnold and she smiled politely at his joke at her expense. "The Lord Councilor is too kind. Good evening to you," she dipped her head and excused herself from the room.

Arnold watches her go, again finding it difficult not to note her impeccable figure.

It has always amazed me how rarely it is that beauty and subtlety go hand in hand