Ended
Watch

Tourist style

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    w
    w176

It was late in the afternoon and the sun cast long shadows over the grounds.

Cautiously Tvivel approached the church. Guardians were paranoid, scary bastards and being one of them just made you realize how scary they were. Breathing calmly was a one step of the time exercise while the church towered over the tall read head.

Getting here had been like first day in high school. Three changes of clothes, to find something that didn't make her look stupid, silly, or pretentious. Once again ending up looking like a nice office girl.

And then a half an hour of angst getting sublimal sign right, that she didn't know were the were they same her or not. Small things used to get a message across at a crowed town meting without ever needing to speak a word. A rust red nail polish showing she was looking fpr answers, two brass hairpins that show that she was a Mastigos and only a Apprentice....

She walked up to the huge front doors and knocked thrice with steady and distinct thuds.

And waited.

And waited,

And knocked again.

And waited.

Well to bad.
    She got her camera put from the bag, a few ziplock bags and plastic files, backed a bunch of step and snapped a photo of the church doors, picked up some gravel and grass from beside the path, and wrote something on the back of the card.

Just as good to spend some time snapping photos of the HQ a crying archive. There might be protection keeping her from scrying, but for future needs when the protraction for some reason might not be a problem, it could still be useful to have in handy.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Kind of cool, isn't it?" a voice from behind asked.

Soft, rubber-soled running shoes might have concealed his approach; those ridiculous springs and pumps have to be good for something. Dark patches under the arms and down the back of the grey shirt with faded letters indicate that West's been out for his morning run.

[banner]west[/banner]
    Nimbus

w
    w176

The camera was lowered a bit slowly, just how carefully it was done betraying that he had given her a real scare as she turned around, and then smiles at the Sentinel.

“Good afternoon. It is. Beautiful, few centuries out of context cut some would say the same about us.” She said with slight irony, looking up at the building. “It's beautiful. I got to check out if the flying buttresses are load bearing or not some day. ” She added with a thoughtfulness that wasn't just pure academical curiosity.

“I guess that there no one here at the moment? Erm. I really need some contact information to the other Guardians, and I'm hoping that I could leave the protocol of the brief meting after the incident in the museum and a summery of the incident itself to someone, hopefully you? I'm not sure were to drop it off.”

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West holds his hands up either in fear that she's robbing him, or in a gesture of backing off.

"Sorry, I don't get involved in Guardian business,"
    he says. "You're more than welcome to go in and wait, but I don't think anyone's here."

He glanced down at Tvivel's pockets out of habit, wondering if she had a phone or not.
    Nimbus

w
    w176

”That's understandable.” She said with the tone of someone realizing that she had been babbling nervously. “And staying out of Guardians business seems healthy and sane.”

A second passed.

”Since this is a security issue, and you as understood it is a Sentinel I might run it trough you? I'm note sure how long I can play seek and hide with my own order, even if this should be on their table. How should I put this...”
    There was a bitter taste in her mouth, yet she felt almost relaxed.

“Guess I'll start with a proper introduction. Hi, I'm Tvivel and I'm not completely sure that I'm not a Seer sleeper agent or have been mindfucked on their behalf in some way. We had a bunch of those. Is there someone trusted and skilled in the mind arcana that might give me a check up?”
    There. Half she waited expecting to feel a short flick of pain and then nothing more.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Do you frequently not trust yourself?" West asks, walking up the steps. He opens the door and holds it, waiting to see if Tvivel follows.

"And you can call me West."
    Nimbus

w
    w176

She gave him a wry smile. “I'm a Guardian.”

“I got out unscratched when Stockholm fell. Sending out false refugees or booby trapped ones would be a cheap way for the Seers to spread their influence, Mr West. It worth making sure that not the case.” She got the camera down into her shoulder bag. She didn't hide the hint of real worry behind the words, but there was dominated by every day pragmatism.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West is silent for a few moments, debating on whether or not to point out that most of his experience with Seers has shown them to be far more effective with subtle personal manipulation rather than heavy-handed magics. With such a recent example at the Museum, it seems redundant, so he stays silent.

"Well, I can check, if you'd like,"
    he offers instead, although it's apparent he's less than enthusiastic. "Or I'm sure one of the other Guardians can."

West steps inside the church.
    Nimbus

w
    w176

Yet... Was is a heavy handed tactic? Land mines planted was not just not bombs that went off to kill and maim, but a threat that change peoples way to move, to think, to trust the world and to live their lives

Even subtle and complicated patterns was based on simple basic shapes.

She watched him for a moment, considering for a moment, Weighting risk and gain against each other and nodded.

“I would be grateful if you had the time to do that.” She says and follows him.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

The door closes behind Tvivel, and she sees the beautiful interior of the church.

More importantly, she sees the beautiful business end of a Sig P226. At least, it's owner thinks it's beautiful.

"OK, convince me you're not a Seer,"
    West says in a calm, deadly serious tone. The soft clicking of a hammer being cocked in a well-maintained pistol underscores the words.

Apparently this is how it's done when one isn't proficient with Mind.
    Nimbus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.