The day after the confrontation at the Museum Eclipse had contacted Animus, asking him if he could meet him at his office at the Wells-Fargo building on a later date. Night is falling by the time Animus steps off the elevator to find Eclipse waiting in the 23rd floor lobby. Lyle was nowhere to be seen, and Eclipse simply stood with his hands folded - gazing out the window as darkness covered Sacramento.

"A city without a Voice." he muses to himself before turning to Animus, offering him a small smile "Hello, Animus. Thanks for coming."

The time since the Museum attack has taken some of the edge off of Animus' depression, but the Thyrsus is still far more sombre than he had been prior. He could heal even the gravest physical wounds with but a moment's thought, but against emotional trauma, he was powerless. Besides, would I even accept a 'fix'?

Eclipse's words cut through his thoughts. "Then we must give it a new one. I would hope people would remember Andrade for service to the Consilium, rather than her final act, but it is more important that we ensure the future. That we carry on what she left off."

Eclipse steps over to Animus, nodding firmly "You're right. I have had some harsh words for the former Hierarch in recent days, and I have been wondering how we should treat her legacy. We shall do as we say and not allow her actions to weaken this city any more than they already have."

He gestures toward two sofas sitting in the lobby, seating himself "Though our Order has diminished in leadership we still hold two seats on the Council. We are still a prominent presence in this city despite our numbers. However, we have little idea as to what the outcome of the events at the Museum could be."

He looks down and laughs a bit - shaking his head "Those who were there speak of me as if I am some sort of brave warrior," he pauses, looking up at Animus, "but we both know that I did not rise to the occasion as I should have. That motley band required a leader, and I should have been the one to take the reins."

He sighs leaning back into the sofa "Regardless, action must be taken and I am very interested to hear if you had any opinions on what should be done next. Besides the situation with Vector and the Banishers we cannot allow the Silver Dream to be shunted aside."

Animus nods, sinking into the other sofa. "We saw at the Museum the necessity of leadership, and the results when no one takes the lead." A look of pain flashes across his eyes. "At the Kruegans' Sanctum as well. We failed because we were disorganized." He takes a a deep, ragged breath, shaking his head as if attempting to force out the memories.

"For now, I think our focus needs to be on making as smooth a transition as possible. I do not know how long the Consilium might stand without a leader. Which is why the two of us need to be in agreement on who we'll support for Hierarch before this meeting is over."

The Thyrsus heaves a deep sigh. "Our numbers are certainly concerning, but ... I don't know what the answer is. After John Dee, I doubt further attempts to recruit from the other Orders would be looked upon kindly, and Apostates are few and far between of late. Unless we want to put out a call to other Consilii?"

"I will be putting a call out to other Consilii. San Diego particularly, as it is there that I resided before. I can't say I'm particularly optimistic as to whether or not we'll see results from that endeavor but we must try. We must seem powerful and influential - active in the community - if we hope to garner any recruits at all amongst those Mages who are Apostate or considering switching Orders. I fear, though, that maybe all that we can do."

Eclipse then looks thoughtful before asking Animus "Do you have any opinion of who should be Hierarch?" There were not many in the city truly qualified for the job, but he was curious as to if his Order mate had an idea.

Now that the question has been asked point-blank, Animus finds his doubts welling up again. But wasn't the museum proof enough? Taking a deep breath, he makes eye contact with Eclipse, his own gaze focused, resolute. "Yes. Myself. I've worked with many of the Consilium members on nearly every current project. They know me, trust me, and just as important, it means I can see the overall picture and plan on a large scale. It's exactly what we need right now." He falls silent, but can't keep the dark thread from cutting through his thoughts. Assuming I haven't become some unwitting pawn of the Abyss.

Eclipse looks away, seeming to consider Animus' words before smiling and looking back at the man "You're right. You are well known and well respected in the city. You don't possess the same kind of aloof attitudes as the Magister and the Curator. You're already familiar with this situation and have been one of the only ones to come forward with rational plans of action."

"Please tell me if I am offending, but you know I once thought you may have made a better Arrow, considering your martial skills and willingness to use them, but it seems that you possess the mettle of a Thearch more so than I had considered, more so than me, even, perhaps." he frowns a bit, considering his failures in the museum

Snapping back to the situation at hand he nods to Animus "It is agreed, then. At the upcoming Consilium meet I will motion for your ascension to the rank of Hierarch."

Animus chuckles. "Honestly, I would've made a good Arrow. Better? Worse? Who can say? But there are plenty of times when I feel like I'm caught between two worlds. I guess it's the nature of the path I walk. So no, no offense at all."

After a moment, he shakes off his contemplative mood. "Thank you for your support in this. It is good to know we stand together. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss, or are we done here?"

Eclipse shakes his head when asked if there was anything else "I think that's all for now. We should have much to talk about in the future however."

"Thank you for meeting with me, Animus. I feel confident that we are once again on the right track."

"Thank you, Eclipse." Animus exits the office, wondering what, exactly, the future holds.