Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Gangrel Clan Meeting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Peter arrives early at Granite Park, feeling a bit hungry but stamping it down. After all, constantly giving in to the urge to feed was something Peter was working on not doing. He had to feed enough as it was, especially after that injury in the Chapter House, but there was a different between necessity and the urge.

Looking around the park, Peter finds a nice little spot in a ring of trees and sits down, legs out and reclining against a tree to enjoy the night air as he waited. Supposedly, he was only expecting one other individual -- a far cry from the last clan meeting -- and while it occurred to him that could be handled with a simple phonecall there were a few reasons Peter went with the meeting here in the park: 1, He already posted the meeting in Elysiums. 2, On the off chance there were other Gangrel, the posted meeting was important. Can't talk on the phone to someone if you don't even know you need to call them. 3, Didn't the Prince use the term "meeting?"

And really, it was the last reason that clenched it. Peter may be a lot of things, but he isn't stupid. The Prince is the Prince, and while Pete may be irritating, mildly irreverent, and never shut up... he's not rushing to get himself staked. He also doesn't assume anything more than what exists between himself and the Prince. Simply put, due to affiliations they share a circle that they run in. That's pretty much it. He certainly isn't under the illusion the Prince thinks of him as a friend. Useful maybe, but friend? Nah.

Mulling all this over, Peter wonders for a moment why he is in charge of making this happen.

Wait... we run in a circle together, and I may be considered useful at best.

Convenience.

Fair enough.

And so, Peter sits and waits quietly for any other Gangrel -- or for that matter, anyone else at all -- to approach. And after all, Peter Vedderman really, REALLY, REALLY hopes another Gangrel shows up. After all, you can't "not it" yourself.

[Spoiler=OOC] 5 Vitae from mood post http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6278 1 of that Vitae spent to enter this scene.]

Charlie got the notice and knew what it meant. Someone's gotta replace Konstantin, which means, he hasn't shown up yet which mean, fuck if I know but that's not good.

Prior to showing up to meet with the others were there any? I hadn't seen any in a long time besides Konstantin. Charlie found himself a homeless man resting on a bench. After carefully persuading him to follow him in the darkness of the trees for money, he grabbed hard on the man and fed on him. His ramblings convincing charlie that his dementia would probably make it easier for him to forget. He left the man to rest against the tree and tossed him some money.

Feeding roll

As Charlie made his way to the meeting area he saw a man sitting against a tree. Definitely not a college kid. With a pleasant smile he approaches him and says "I take it your the one who called for a good ol family reunion?"

Smiling, Peter stands and extends a hand.

"I am. Peter Vedderman, pleased to meet you."

Trying to think how a meeting like this should go, Pete allows for pleasantries for a few moments before cutting to the point.

"So, I'll get right to this. The Prince instructed me to hold a meeting and select a clan leader. Near as I can tell, that's you or me. Feelings?"

Charlie shakes Peter's hand and says "Charlie Barrett." the smile fades when the candidates for Priscus are just him and Peter. That's it? What the hell, were all the Savages in this town part of the Movement, Sanctified and Crone? He hesitates for a moment as he thinks things through. Shit, last thing I want is to have to get closer with the Prince, considering the last time I spoke with him I sorta pissed him off. Not to mention all the driving I'm going to have to do to clean up other shit. Then again...this is sorta what Markos and I were talking about in terms of offering a service, definitely would help being Priscus, cuz then I'd have to be in on the loop.

"Well, if it's just me and you I guess it's a matter of deciding who we don't mind reporting to. Course we could just decide the typical family way I've seen others handle it by fighting it out but I think we'd need a moderator first and since we don't, I guess I should ask first, are you at all interested in leading...us?" he asks looking to Peter and then himself.

"Honestly?" responds Peter with a laugh, "I was thinking of yelling 'not it' when you walked up."

"Sounds like we both would rather not. Not that I blame us. But if we don't do something, the Prince might just stake the two of us so there are no Gangrel and we don't need a Priscus. Since that would really cut into my study time, being torpored and all, we need to hash this out. And really, I'm not big on the 'Let's have a dick-waving contest and roll around for a while' method of Priscus selection. Which got me some heat last time the fam had a get-together like this. Sadly, I think I'm starting to fit my own qualifications from last time."

Peter lets out a sigh. "Pretty sure I'm not on the Prince's Christmas Card list. That being said, since neither of us seem to want to do this we need to figure out who is best suited for the job since one of us is going to be unhappy here pretty quick. So... the best thing I have going is proximity to the Prince. I think his Harpy mildly likes me, which could both get me killed and keep me from getting killed, depending. Other than that, I tend to irritate people, so I think as soon as there's a Priscus meeting I'm doomed."

With a smile, Peter looks at Charlie. "You?"

Charlie frowns at what Peter tells him, almost every consequence of him being Priscus involves dying or pissing the Prince off. To which even if he does die, that leaves just me anyhow. And if the Prince is already pissed at this guy, him being Priscus for me probably doensn't do much good either. "Well, if you're initial idea was to say no then let's keep it at that, considering if you feel that you're already on the Prince's shit list as you say." he says, not in a hostile tone but as observation. "Because his attitude towards you in a way reflects to me, and while I hadn't exactly pleased him either, I think I'm at least a neutral annoyance to him more than anything. So that being the case, let me handle acting as Priscus. I've helped conceal one possible breach along with the Reeve and I'm sort of partners with another deputy in this city anyhow and so, I can generally keep track of things going on and maintain a decent standing with the others as I've been a help to them in the past. Plus, this way you can continue studying without having to worry about the next Priscus meeting." he shrugs and says "It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation and it seems like we may be less damned if I take it based on what you told me. Playin with the harpy is a pretty dangerous thing, good standing or not, I wouldn't want to risk any minor mistake happening to you in their eyes."

Peter cocks an eyebrow. "Playing with the Harpy? Oh! No, see, you misunderstand. I tend to prattle, being one of those guys who has a line or ten for every occasion, and I do things like break into song after having half my face melted off. It's actually a nerve thing, a coping mechanism. So, when we were doing some covenant business that required a bit more physicality, there were some shenanigans. Not everyone is a fighter, which means there are times those of us who can scrap have to pick up the slack for those who can't. Back in my living days, I ran the streets some, had a little kliq, did some shit. I held my own pretty well. But let me tell you, being dead upped the game a lot. I used to hang with the best, now I'm lucky to keep in the fight. But, I'm not one to back down, especially when I'm needed. I like to think the Prince and Harpy at least appreciated not having to do all the fighting that night."

Peter gives a shrug. "Side note, the Prince has a great sense of humor if you ever get to see it. As for the Harpy, well... suffice to say we all had a good chuckle, mostly at my expense. Stupid book..."

His voice trails off, remembering the Prince's instructions on how to use the vitae-storing book with a chuckle.

"But yeah, it's my quipage. Personally, I think I'm hilarious-- just ask me. But I guess for a lot of us, it seems like our sense of humor dies off too, so I'm not always appreciated. The Prince, the Harpy... I'd never overstep my bounds and suggest we were drinking buddies. But the Prince is surprisingly tolerant and humorous. Well... in the right setting. The Harpy too. Still, I know I can wear on people a bit. I just never think about it at the time. I don't think the other Priscuses... er, Prisci? I hate that word. 'Prissy?' What the hell type of title is that? Anyway the Priscuses likely don't have a sense of humor, and I know it going in. Hence part of my reluctance. Besides, I couldn't refer to us as Prissy and keep a straight face."

Sticking his hands in his pockets, Peter adds, "Ah well. You're welcome to it. I share a covenant with our Prince and Harpy, but other than that and the fight I stood with em, I don't think I have much to offer. Besides, I'd rather work on my studies, and dealing with political bullshit ain't my thing. Hell, I only go to court because it's required."

Pausing a moment, Peter grins. "So, what's the plan Charlie Barrett, Priscus of Savages? Meeting adjourned, or did you still wanna roll around in the dirt for a while?"

Charlie listens as Peter explains to him the relationship of him with Prince and the Harpy, raising his eyebrows as he talks about their sense of humor. Well that's reassuring, I guess I just need to find what type of humor they....waaaaitaminute Prince's don't have senses of humor nor do Harpies. They just have them as an instinct to better reel in their pray, same way corporate executives have them, it's to make them seem human. Meh, I'll have to figure this out in terms of what makes them laugh, then again, might be best to avoid them when I can.

In regards to Prisci he says "I always thought of it the same way for the platypus, there is no plural term for us. And as for court that makes two of us, I really hate 'em cuz it seems to be harder for me to find a suit to present myself in. All right, well then that settles it, I'll act as Priscus for us and nah we don't need to scrap, I'm about as good of a fighter as you are in terms of standing my own." Not like the Reeve, motherfucker carries an ax. "Did the Prince ask you to report to him on who we chose or would he prefer I let him know?"

Peter gives a shrug. "I just got a letter to hold a meeting and figure the Priscus thing out. So I would suppose whoever got saddled with it should let him know."

"All right then, I'll be sure to stop by and let them know. Unless you got anything else i guess we can adjourn this meeting for now." Well, Markos will be happy to hear about this...not sure how the Prince will feel.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread