Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
So, Who the Hell is Kruegan, Anyway?

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

PRE

Tug looks at Tom's apparition, and if anyone was nearby, they could hear the mighty Thyrsus' heart torn in two. He just looks at his brother helplessly. What do you say to a ghost? Are you okay? seemed rather...stupid. And so, in the end, all he can say is, "I'm so sorry, Tom. I'm so sorry..." Tears streaming down his face, deep voice quaking, he looks Tom, and says grimly, "They won't get away with this, Tom. I'll hunt them. I'll find them. I'll kill every single one of those bastards, I swear to you." He wipes his eyes. "Mom...mom keeps calling. We have to bury you, Tom. Where's-" he starts, but his voice gets caught in his throat. "Where's your body, Tom?" he asks, quiet as a church mouse.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx starts to extend a hand towards his brother then stops, looks at it, and lets it fall to his side. He speaks in a low sad voice.

"It's not your fault Donnie. I went alone because I did not want to risk anyone else. I thought I would be able to do it."

Ephemeral tears roll from Tom's eyes, fading away before they leave his cheek. "Keep yourself alive Donnie, you're the only son now. Be there for our parents." The fire that burned brightly has faded away to a dull ember in the face of death. Falx quite literally being a ghost of his former self in more than one way.

"I...I don't know where my body is. Some of the bastards used Mind tricks on me like that spineless Dee. I didn't escape when I had the chance, I should have blurred and ran like hell but I didn't." His shoulders slump even more, he has had far too much time to think it over. "The last thing I remember before waking up.......waking up here was my body no longer being my own and being walked into an alley. Then a hell of a lot of pain."

"It's my fault Donnie, not yours. I knew the risks.....I'm sorry Donnie so sorry."

Darren Nash

PRE

Realizing his mistake, feeling only the resonance of death in the room, Ash focuses on the cold tingle that creeps up the spine like someone has walked over the grave.

And then, there he is. Falx. Ash moves over to Tug and puts a hand on the big man's shoudler.

"Mate, I'm sorry," he says with a whisper, aiming it towards Falx in equal measure.

Larceny failure

Speak with the Dead

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus had been been poking around the house half-heartedly, barely able to concentrate on anything. Somehow it wasn't surprising that he didn't see anything that seemed immediately useful. The library looked important, though. Maybe with time, the books could be sorted out, but he certainly didn't have the energy to even begin.

He walks back into the dining room, leaning against a wall for support, just watching Tug and Ash for now. I failed them. All of them.

PRE

Tug wipes the tears from his face, nodding at Tom, barely noticing Ash's presence beside him. "It's okay. It's fine. We'll find it." He suddenly remembers the stinking corpse of Logos falling apart in that basement, screaming...

"I. Uh. So. What do we do now, Tom? I mean, do you want to-" He looks in the eyes of his brother's spectre. "Do you want to rest? Or do you maybe...maybe you want to stay?" His eyes speak of Tug's hope that his brother will stay, but are resigned to whatever Falx wants. "We could find your. Um. Your anchor...take you back with us..."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh comes back into the room fully dressed. She found the personal quarters apparently. She stops when she sees Tug and Ash, then glances over at Animus. She knows Tug just went through a difficult experience but his obvious tears confuses her. And who is he talking to?

She moves quietly to stand near Animus, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. She doesn't say anything, what is there to say? They'd driven the banishers from the stronghold, but had not defeated them. It was an empty victory.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash looks from Falx as Ankh enters the room to move over by Animus and realizes they cannot see what he and Tug can. Stepping back, he sends a quick warning out to them all.

"Just a head's-up. This is gonna be gross."

Ash snorts from his very belly, sounding like he's attempting to bring up the most foulest, biggest loogy in the entire world, eyes going wide as it manifests in his mouth and tastes of rotten apples as his nimbus unfolds by making him look more withdrawn and emaciated as his skin becomes shrouded in shadows. Finally, he spits out an opaque, white and slick handful of ectoplasm for Falx to manifest through.

"Sorry 'bout that," he finishes sheepishly while waiting.

Ectoplasm + Paradox

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus takes some comfort in Ankh's hand on his shoulder, but it does little to appease his emotions. His voice is quiet, almost a whisper. "It shouldn't have happened ... this way. So many mistakes ..." He trails off, shaking his head sadly.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh watches Ash with interest, but tries not to lose her lunch at the same time. That was just.............ew.

She shakes her head at Animus, rubbing his back a little. "This isn't your fault Animus. Mistakes were made, it happens. You learn from them and do a better job next time. That's all we can do. And help those who are hurt recover from their losses." The last part is said softly, indicating Tug.

"The point is, one of us cannot take responsability for everything that happened. So don't do that to yourself. All it will do is lower your moral and make you less effective next time."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shakes his head. "Tug nearly died because I panicked. Am I supposed to feel good abou that? Or ... or pretend it never happened? What about that they're out there still, regrouping and probably getting ready to kill more of ours?"

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread