Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
So, Who the Hell is Kruegan, Anyway?

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

After an assault on the Banisher's using the Kruegan's Arrowheads' old sanctum, the Arrows, along with Thearch Animus and Guardian Pym, have recaptured the Sanctum, but allowed the Banishers to escape.
    Continued from Hiding In Shadows...

As suddenly as they vanished, Ash and a polar bear reappear, their journey forward in time complete. The enemy is gone, Tug lies riddled with arrows, and the others watch as the brick walls waver and disappear.

Please note that Vulgar spells once again incur Paradox. Feel free to react ICly.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The threat finally ended, Animus sinks to the floor, shoulders slumping, as weaves a spell around himself and Tug, empowering it with the last of his flagging will. The weakness of the spell's weave provides yet one more reminder of his failure.

Healing Heart @Animus, Tug: -2 damage

When he speaks, his voice is bitter. "I'm sorry. I broke and ran for cover when you needed me most."

Tug once again finds himself revived by someone else after a mission. He looks down at the arrows sticking out of his chest...and shoulders...and stomach...

"Ugh," he says finally in acknowledgment of his wounds. He quickly chants and casts his healing rote to force some of the foreign objects out. Animus' words finally catch up to the Arrow's brains, eliciting a confused, "What?" He looks about to see the entire team is still here, but none of the Kruegan's responsible for taking Falx. "We won, right? Nothin' to be sorry for if we won." He looks over at Henry. "So, you moved the bodies already, or...?"

Goddammit. I've got to stop getting knocked out. I hate waking up after the battle's over. I was supposed to kill those Kruegan bastards, not anyone else.

4L healed

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shakes his head morosely. "It was let them go or let them kill you. I made the only choice I could. If I hadn't panicked, it might not have come to that."

Darren Nash

PRE

"..it!" Ash blinks, looking at his own hands before looking around. Just a second ago he had the bow-wielding Banisher in his grip and now....poof!

"Where'd that bitch go?" he asks, a little confused. Seeing Tug-o-dartboard, Ash just watches as his own understanding of Life is not yet at the level of Tug and his fellow Councilor.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry's shoulders likewise slump, the barrel of his weapon point down at the floor. "Call it a draw," he answers Tug. Unless... He snaps his fingers, having thought of something. His next words sound a bit strange, rushed. "Not over yet. Maybe one on the roof, and automatic fire will draw the cops. Need to move fast." He considers the situation for barely a second, before saying, "Two of us stay down here, clean up. Others check the roof." He doesn't offer himself to either role. Just because I can pretend to be a leader doesn't mean I'll lead.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus glances up at Henry in surprise, his movements somewhat listless. "You think they'll have left one of their own behind?" His voice isn't so much accusative as a simple question. Or at least, that's what it would be if it weren't so ... drained.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry looks at the Councilor, answering in a slightly spaced-out voice, "They wouldn't, would they." Then, in a more decisive tone, "Animus, Tug, stay here, get yourselves fixed up. The rest of us check it out." All thrones are false, but sometimes kings need to be pushed.

He starts to head upstairs, not bothering to explain himself. However drained he might be, if what he suspected was true, the worse was yet to come. Isn't it always?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

It doesn't take long for Henry to make his way back up to the door that leads to the atrium, which is still deadbolted. Listening at the door, he hears nothing, and when he concentrates on his spell which detects minds, there are only the ones he recognizes.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Breathing a sigh of relief (well, partial relief anyway), Henry makes his way back downstairs. "Roof is clear." Now there was one big worry cleared away.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread