Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Making "Friends" (Attn: Anyone)

(Grey Hoods) Freezer Burn
Feb 3, 2023 - May 22, 2023
(City on Fire) Matches
Feb 22, 2023 - Sep 6, 2023
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Being new to the city of Sacramento is tough, that much is for sure. And for someone like Taylor McCoy, it is quite obvious as to the necessity of having friends that can help you out from time to time -- and not just fellow Kindred. Also, not to mention, Taylor had just finished the construction of his/her bath house -- now it was time to find people who would appreciate the beauty it could grant.

Taylor had heard around town that the Gilded Lily was an upscale bar prime with people whose growing popularity had been stunted by ever-increasing age. Those were his/her targets, those who needed youth -- and would be willing to pay for it. Let's see who needs this angel of beauty's special touch.

Dressed in the famous androgynous silk suit, and with looks that would send shivers up a spine, Taylor parks his car and starts on his way to the front entrance. Bypassing the line ((if there is one)) and walking directly up to the bouncer at the entrance, Taylor gives him that flawless smile. "Hey man, got room for one more in there?"

t
    tangmcgame

Eric steps out of his car, pulling his coat on. He left his crimson shirt's collar open at the neck in lieu of a tie and allows his blond hair to fall in a disheveled-yet-attractive style. A phone call earlier indicated The Gilded Lily is a dive that a few of the middle-road city officials favor. Eric doesn't know how true that actually is, but it's worth a shot.

He eyes the joint with an appraiser's eye, smiling as he remembers landing Cougars in LA after he'd grown bored with the twenty-somethings. Experienced women are so much more interesting.

Smiling and swaggering, Eric locks the car and closes on the night's festivities.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny had come to The Lily to relax and unwind. The upscale atmosphere attracted a lot of lawyers, but no place was perfect. For people like him, with money, the women were like shooting fish in a barrel.

He sat at the bar trying to decide on which woman caught his fancy when he felt the taint of one... then two... predators at the door. Lenny swished his drink and looked over to see who had arrived.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

The doorman gives visitors a once over, and he gives Taylor a twice over, before gesturing for them to enter.

((ST Note: A taste of the Lily's ambience can be found here:
    http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127 ))

Feeling the presence of other beasts, at least one weaker than his, Taylor turns and gives them a brief glance. They better not get in my way...

Entering the bar, Taylor surveys the main floor looking for an empty seat at the bar. It doesn't take him/her long to find a space and sit down. Taylor motions to the bartender while simultaneously pulling out an imported cigar from his inner suit pocket. "I'll have one of your fine cocktails, the strongest you can legally make." Taylor lights his cigar and takes a few puffs before continuing, "So tell me, anyone worthy of note in here tonight?"

t
    tangmcgame

Eric steps into the club with a somewhat wary gait. His Beast is writhing with discomfort at the presence of two others here. He shakes his head to try to clear it then soldiers forward into the club.

'Popular place,' Eric thinks to himself as he pulls up to the bar. 'Nobody'd be fool enough to start something in here, especially not with the tight-ass Seneschal to worry about.'

The thought seems to calm him down a bit, and he uses the moment to let his personal magnetism cascade off of him and seep into the crowd.

((He is activating Awe. I'll wait to roll until you tell me you want the roll for it and what modifiers to use. Does Striking Looks affect the roll? Also, can someone explain how to hide it?))

(( ST Note: The Lily is currently quite busy, so the roll to activate Awe takes a -4 penalty. Striking Looks does not specifically impact Awe.

And.. what is it you're wondering how to hide? Striking Looks or the Awe? Awe is not a visible effect, though Kindred that resist Majesty (see the general discussion of the discipline, before the Awe description) will recognize what was done if they succeed in a roll of Wits+Occult+ Majesty dots (-1 if they don't have Majesty).))

t
    tangmcgame

((I'm sorry for not being clear: how do you hide the roll results? Sending you a PM with full questions.))

K
    Killian

~If I were a ghost--who used to be a Kindred--where would I go?~

"Somewhere there are Kindred. Duh."Sometimes Mel couldn't understand why people hung out in places like this. Sensory overload to the maximum, and no one talked. The Lily...a funny, funny name for a 'high-end' bar.

Because that's all it was. A high-end bar. With rich people doing the same thing here as the poor people did in their own little nightclubs and bars. Just because there was no formal 'caste' system didn't mean one didn't exist.

Class-ism was just as prevalent here as it was anywhere else, all kidding about 'equality' and 'rights' aside.

But those were Ezekiel's memories. Not his own.

"Hollow. They're hollow. Stuffed. With straw."

A squeeze of his arm, and Mel blinked, looking down at Joshua's hand. He must have been saying all that aloud, which was a pain. He'd do his best to remain as coherent as possible for as long as possible...

"I'm fine. Go away."

A nod, and the ghoul disappeared into the crowd. The way Mel learned he'd been able to do for awhile. People just sort of...forgot him.

Which wasn't a bad thing.

So..he needed to find ghosts. What he found were Kindred. With Beasts. That made him want to claw at his own eyes again. Somehow, he managed to not break the Masquerade, instead straightening his jacket and trying to look as though he fit.

He had enough money. Just not enough sanity.

Then again, he might very well be the most sane person in the room, even with the fact he had to mingle in two worlds.

By the by?

Mingle?

Silly word....

t
    tangmcgame

Eric orders a drink, getting the lay of the land. He nods to people he finds staring at him in fascination, reveling in the benefits of the vampiric condition.

'Where are those other two?' he wonders. It's a fair guess that the curious looking...fellow(?) a few stools down is one, but where is the other? He knows he won't be able to enjoy the evening until he settles this small issue.

He is giving the room a slow examination when his Beast lurches and spits fire. A THIRD?!? This one makes him want to roar and charge, but he throttles aside the urge. Instead, he wills his Vitae to life, breathing in the smoke and scents of the room and downing his Jack and Coke in a single pull.

It'll be easier to deal with the others if he isn't so edgy.

"Excuse me, I'll have another," he says, holding up his empty glass to the bartender. "And another for that curious gentleman down there, on my tab."

He waves his hand to indicate the unidentifiable man/woman at the bar. 'Might as well start making acquaintances, as dangerous as that can be.'

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread