Honey I'm Home

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice sat on her sofa nervously stroking her new tail and waiting for Enzo to arrive. She was dressed for comfort and wore a pair of tight gray sweat pants and a white t-shirt. Her large fox ears were attentively listening for the man's arrival over the sound of the TV.

"I shouldn't have called him. What am I going to say?" She said to herself before taking a sip of her ice water and continuing to wait.

"I hope he actually shows up this time."

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

Enzo pulls up to her apartment only a few minutes later, five at most. As usual, his radio is blasting loudly, and in this case, it seems he's actually listening to the radio, and not one of his typical CDs of techno or dance music. If theres anything that can be said about the universe, its that it has a way of slapping you in the face. Alice can hear "Everything Changes" by Staind playing as he pulls into her driveway.

Enzo quickly cuts the engine and hops out of the car with a bright beaming smile. He's wearing a white button up shirt, the front open and showing his toned chest and part of his abs. Wearing faded dark jeans, he walks quickly to her door. Black boots and his perfectly circular sunglasses accent his looks. He touches his hand to a new necklace, a simple leather thong, on which hangs a jagged and still sharp fang. It seems in his haste, he still has not shaved since leaving the hedge. A full beard adorns his face, not overly long, but without a doubt very scruffy looking.

"Its now or never man, no matter how mad she is, you cant keep dodging her." He whispers to himself, reassuringly.

With a loud sigh, he knocks three times softly on the door.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice heard the music and thought it sounded like Enzo had arrived. She was a little surprised at how fast he got here. Damn, he must of flew over or something.

She got up when she heard the knock at her door and went to answer it. Well, here goes nothing. She opened the door as was taken aback at Enzo's appearance. When she saw the beard she stifled a laugh the best she could, "A beard?!" She asked before finally losing it and laughing openly. After a long moment she calmed herself and wiped the tears from her eyes that had formed in her mirth.

"I'm sorry Enzo, but you look silly." Her large white fox ears twitched and as she stood there Enzo saw a large bushy white fox tail poke up from behind her. She remembered her own change and blushed slightly with embarrassment, her white skin taking on a pinkish cast. Enzo also immediately noticed a thin scar over Alice's left eye and passing over her eye socket and trailing down her cheek.

"Although I'm one to talk I guess. Stupid tail," she said in frustration as she pushed the offending appendage back down behind her.

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

Enzo couldn't help but laugh with her. "Its rediculous, I know." He said as he took in her new appearance. The ears and tail, for some reason, just worked for her, and he couldn't help but find it sexy on her. He quickly mentally changed the subject. "I haven't had a chance to shave, the Hedge doesn't really provide." He says with a shrug, hand unconsciously going to the briarwolf tooth.

"If its really all that bad, I can shave, I dont mind, just kept slipping my mind."

He steps in, smiling despite himself, and moves to hug her. He had missed the feel of her cold skin in his arms... He hugs her with true happiness painting his features, and moves to kiss her on the cheek, but stops himself, noticing her scar. Suddenly happy joyful Enzo seems like a completely different person. He softly runs his finger over the scar, a look of a cold patient killer in his eyes. The Hedge had changed him. "Who did this. If they hurt you baby I will kill them." He says softly, looking her in the eyes with deep concern.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice felt awful seeing how happy he was to see her not knowing that she had been with Christian since he left. Dispite being upset with him for abandoning her without word she didn't resist when he moved to hold her in his arms. It felt good to have his arms around her again for the first time in a long time it felt like everything was right again. She hesitantly reached up and finally returned his embrace. However, everything was not right. Enzo couldn't just walk back into her life like nothing happened and treat her like some sort of accessory.

Then she felt him touch her new scar and heard the anger in his voice. She bit her lip softly and looked away from him answering softly, "I was the one that did it. I cut myself on purpose." She paused for a moment letting him digest her response. "A lot has happened Enzo. Come in and I'll tell you."

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

"Alot has happened." Enzo mirrors. A soft kiss on the top of the head. Releasing his arms from around her, Enzo follows her into the apartment.

He looks concerned, and in a way, he seems so hesitant to share her company. Almost as if he doesn't trust himself. He sits down across from her, waiting for her to continue. As he sits, he pulls a miniscule tree from his pocket so as not to sit on it, moving it out to another pocket.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice closed the door and lead him into the living room. When she took a seat on the couch and Enzo chose to sit on a chair across from her she looked sad for a brief instant before taking on a more serious expression. She was curious about the tree, but figured she would save that question for later.

I guess he really doesn't feel that way about me anymore. That must be why he's been avoiding me. I wonder if he found someone else...

"Where to begin? You've missed a lot. There was the Summer King's funeral. He died fighting loyalists. Not many from Spring showed up there.

Then Crunk was kicked out of the freehold because he broke an oath he swore on his keeper and that is why the Winter Festival was attacked. You also missed the Spring Court meeting where we had to decide on who would be the next sovereign. We've lost a lot of Spring Courtiers, only Derek, Al-Adin, Juno, and I showed up. Al-Adin and I ran for the position and everyone wanted Al-Adin to be king and so they supported him. I opposed him alone. I came up with the Spring Court theme and then had to plan it and do it all myself because no one else arranged anything.

After that you missed the spring festival. Al-Adin and I stepped forward to put our names forward because I wasn't about to abandon the freehold to his rule for 3 months. That and none of the other Spring Courtiers fully understand the season. They all think Spring is nothing but happy, fun loving, and joyful. Since there were two people that stepped forward for the crown we had to pass a test to measure our resolve. The challenge was for Al-Adin to cut his hamstrings and me to scar my own face then we were to bleed into a cup. Al-Adin refused and abandoned the challenge so to protect the freehold from the gentry and keep the pledge active I scarred my face and claimed the Spring Crown."

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

Enzo listens quietly, noting her look when he doesn't sit beside her. He had done it not because of a lack of feelings, but because he didn't know her feelings towards him or if she hated him for being gone. He digests everything, letting it all sink in.

"So my sexy little Ice Princess is now Ice Queen?" He asks with a smile, restraining a laugh, knowing he might get a smack upside the head for the petname she so hated.

He thinks for a little bit, before sighing quite audibly and standing up. He moves over to her fluidly, sitting beside her on the couch, putting an arm around her. His hand idly plays with her hair as he thinks of how best to word what he wants to say. "Alice..." He begins, but shuts his mouth a moment later. "Baby..." Again, cutting himself off. "I'm sorry..."

Pause...

"I'm sorry I have been gone babydoll. I got lost, the Hedge refused to give me a path out. I had to fight, to kill, to hunt, just to survive." She'll notice that the arm, of the hand tracing patterns along the edge of her ear has many little scratches and small cuts. This close, she will notice that his abs have what looks like stitches sewed with Hedge vines, something had bit into him.

"I never meant to leave you. I understand if you've moved on, but I never stopped loving you." His eyes seem to go wide for a moment. It clicked that not once had he told her he loved her, niether of them had. He quickly tries to change the subject, grabbing the small tree from his pocket.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Enzo used his pet name for her she smiled softly before she realized she was doing it. Then when Enzo got up to sit next to her, Alice was a little surprised. Next she felt his arm snake around her and then start to play with her ear. She resisted impulse to flick it like a cat dispite how much his touch tickled it.

"Stop it, that really tickles," she giggled as she flicked her ear unable to resist the urge any longer. Her tail swished in response

She got serious when he mentioned getting stuck in the hedge, which sounded disturbingly like what almost happened to her. Upon seeing his wounds and his half assed patch job she looked concerned, "Your hurt. Why haven't you seen a doctor you big dummy and get that patched up properly."

Then his last line hit her like a dump truck. He loves me?! He tells me now that he loves me after I had to write him off? Tears welled up in her eyes, Damn it! I was past this, and then he does this? Damn him, she cursed.

"The motley abandoned us and then you were gone for so long," she began as the tears started to fall. "I had to deal with all of this alone even when my wyrd changed me in the hedge and the hedge attacked me I only had myself. I waited a month for you, but I was so lonely, and then I met someone. He isn't lost, but I've been seeing him for a few weeks. This isn't fair that you tell me this now. I thought I knew how I felt..."

She looked like she had been about to say more, but she bit her lip and looked to be struggling with her tears and her confusion.

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

Enzo seems to just enjoy the moment as she giggles at his touch. When she flicked at his hand, he quietly laughed. "As if you dont like it."

When she scolded him over his injuries he just smiled. "I've never been one of the go-to-the-doctor types, too stubborn I guess, but if you really want me to baby I will."

Enzo nods along as she explains being alone, the motley fallig apart. He knew, he had felt the pledge shatter like a hard wind strike, followed by a calm breeze of loneliness.

He listened further, when she mentioned she had met someone. He realised his eyes burned. Tears wanted to form, but couldn't. Had he lost he ability to cry for someone he cared for? It had never happened before, he never had a reason to cry before. If he was capable, tears would be coming down now as he looked at her, face showing intense emotional pain, but he cleared his throat.

His smile returned, albeit, his eyes still showed pain. "Its kind of hard to tell anyone anything when the Hedge has you in its grip and doesn't want to let you leave. I'm truely sorry." He pulls his arm from around her. "I'm sorry for everything, leaving, not being here for you, for loving you... I hope he treats you right." He says the last part quietly, nearly a whisper, and almost to himself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread