Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Investigations Begin

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

In some part of Johns mind, he was hoping that this unknown owner was just a normal everyday asshole. "Damn assholes...Who the hell is this manager anyway?"

"Her name's Maxine. She goves me the creeps. Should be here soon though," Sam says with a helluva lot of bitterness. "More's the pity. Want another drink?"

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

"Sure." John muttered as he pulled a bill from his coat and handed it to Sam. He was hoping this was just going to be mundane problem and not one that's going to require the attention of the Seasons.

Sam poured John another whiskey and took the money, ringing it up swiftly. He then turns to look around the bar, sliding along to see if there was anyone else in need of a drink. To John, it seemed that Sam was trying too hard to make a good impression, understandable now that his job was on the line.

Around John, several of the other patrons seem to be keeping themselves to themselves and no-one had taken up the karaoke. But then again, maybe that was because there was no DJ.....actually, there was no music system at all! The whole sing-along motif had been removed in its entirety.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

Hm? John suddenly realized that his phone had been going off. It was moments like this he wished he didn't Keep it on vibrate. He pulled it out and checked the messages. Dammit Barkley... He quickly punched in a message and sighed. Even trapped in Autumn, Summer still needed him.

The lack of evidence involving anything serious was starting to grate on the Mankin.

He took a quick look around and found that the Karaoke System was long gone. "Hmm...Another management choice?" John asked, pointing to where all the equipment was. If anything, John thought that was a improvement.

Where is this manager or owner? Is this just a test by HAL to see if I'm still loyal to Summer?

"Yeah," Sam says, looking over to the empty stage of the Empty Orchestra. "They sacked the DJ straight off, saying karaoke was so dead..."

"And we were right," comes a female voice from the front door, finishing the bartender's sentence. Sam turns and seems to groan without making any sound. The dark skinned woman wears a trendy and highly fashionable outfit with high-heels. She looks around the bar and her gaze stops at John.

Wits + Empathy roll please

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

Got something

As the woman looks at John, he notices that she blanches ever so subtly before turning her attention back to Sam.

"I'll be in my office if you need me," she says before striding through the back. Sam gives her the finger as she leaves the room and looks to John.

"Maxine...."

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

Interesting...Maybe there really is more to this. John though at her subtle reaction to him. Sure, he didn't look like a normal partron to this sort of place. But still. "She looks like the sort of person you would expect behind the desk of some big-ass company. Not a bar." That was another thing that suck to his mind as well.

"Hm...Whos the owner anyway? Must be a dick if he gave her the job." John asked, taking a sip of Whiskey again. He was going have to pace himself until he had a slightly better idea what was going on.

"Like I said, I dunno. Look John, I better get to doing something else. She catches me actually chatting to patrons, no doubt I'll be out of here in a flash."

With that, Sam moves away to work on something else bar related.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread