Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
How do you turn this thing on?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

After meeting with the Autumn Sovereign, the three Lost comprising of Derek Noble, Nightfall and Terri Nutkins decide to look at Tim's unlocked laptop with more detail in a place away from prying eyes....namely Derek's apartment.

On the way, Terri is quiet, a little unsure as to why she's trying to be helpful to these two Fariest especially since one had stroked her tail. She really had to get over that.

"Look, I'm sorry about getting uppity back at the Seasons," she offers them both. "The topic just got to me, k?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall opened his mouth to ask if she meant Rick or the tail thing, but closed it, realizing that would do nothing to set the matter --whichever it was-- aside, as she obviously wanted to.

"No, really, it was my fault," he shrugged, looking down at the ground as he walked. Which it was, since he'd brought up the guy and then did that. He was starting to wonder if he should have just lied -- or better yet, what he was even doing here.

"Sooo... we're hoping the laptop will tell us who killed Jim*?" he asked, changing the subject. Might as well find out what he was doing.

[banner]nf[/banner]

PRE

"Tim," Derek says, correcting Nightfall. "I doubt we'll be so lucky as to have it tell us directly who killed him, though that would be nice. I'm hoping it will detail some of what he found while looking into the strange things heard in the mall music, which should give us an idea why he was killed, and hopefully a clue who might have done it."

Once there, Derek - ever the polite host - says "Terri, Neil, would you like something to drink? I've got a variety of soft drinks and beers, wine or liquor with mixes. Or, I've got juice and bottled water."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"I'll have a juice, please," Terri asks before finding a comfortable seat and looking around at Derek's place.

"Just out of interest, is this the same Tim who apparently committed suicide? I read something about it in the paper a while back."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Water, please," Nightfall answered. His brows furrowed as he tried to remember the mall encounter, since he'd forgotten the little troll's name. Especially now that it seemed to be part of something larger and a great deal more dangerous.

For the first time in a long time, he was completely, uncomfortably, out of his element. He knew jack sheeeeeeit about computers, and had annoyed a pretty girl.

Not a good day.

At Terri's question, he looked to Derek, with his Paying Attention face on. Time to quit fucking around and fucking up.

PRE

Derek brings over glasses with ice, then returns a moment later with bottles of orange and pomegranate juice, letting Terri chose which she preferred, as well as a bottled water for Nightfall. He opens a Guinness for himself.

"The papers said suicide," Derek says, nodding. "I can't imagine how they got that, though, from what I saw of the crime scene after the body was taken away. Blood all over the place, runes and sigils... that doesn't strike me as a suicide. I've got some photos of the scene, if you'd like to see them."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri chooses orange, her nose twitching at the thought of pomegranate.

"Photos? Of the scene?" she asked, unsure how he had gotten into a crime scene. However, she still did not udnerstand how he got Tim's laptop so thought it prudent to leave that question unasked. "Sure, I'll take a look."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall's eyebrows raise, and he nods to signal his own interest in seeing the photos. He waits for Terri to finish though, keeping his distance and taking care to stay out of her personal space.

PRE

Derek sets up his own laptop and downloads the photos onto it, then turns the laptop toward Nightfall and Terri.

"I've been trying to figure out what all the hieroglyphs and runes mean. I've identified some of them as being Norse and Egyptian, but I haven't gotten very far in the translating. Some I have figured out to mean 'ear' and 'truth.'..."

Derek's voice trails off and he thinks for a moment... thinking back over what Crunk had said when he told him and Al-Adin about his having broken his Pledge, and his Keeper. He'd mentioned something about ears... the Keeper's servants, the Ensorcelled of the Ear, having been responsible for the shooting at the Winter Festival. Crunk had also mentioned something about his sign, his Truth...

"Damn, I can't believe I didn't make the connection until now," Derek says aloud. "This just became even more serious. This has to do with Crunk's breaking his pledge, and is connected to his Keeper. He'd sworn the Pledge on his Keeper's name. Hopefully Tim found out something of use."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall leaned over to look, mindful of fluffy verboten and straightened back up after a few moments.

It was totally Greek to him.

"So you're saying Tim was onto whoever it was?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread