Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Emergency Shopping and Checking In

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Orphan

PRE

After leaving the Tower Bridge area behind, Orphan has driven around until he found a Salvation Army thrift store and, right next door, a gas station with a pay phone. After locking his weapons in the trunk of his car, he heads in to the store to pick up some cheap, but non-soaked, clothing for him and the others while Jack and Jordan head to the pay phone.

Before heading into the store, Orphan takes a moment to implore Fate to pass some good luck his way.

doesn't suck

PRE

Jack walks into the gas station and buys a 12-oz. bottle of root beer with a $5 bill to get some more change than he already had in his somewhat dried wallet just in case, then comes back outside to the pay phone.

He turns to Jordan and asks, "Umm... You got the boss's number? I've never asked her for it and have had to always go through the receptionist to set up an appointment..."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Orphan manages to find clothing for everyone, only a single decade out of date. Lucky devil, he doesn't have to wear parachute pants...

...just 'Hammer' pants.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

Loading up with MC Hammer pants, Beavis and Butthead t-shirts, odd pairs of off-brand shoes in what he guesses to be Jack and Jordan's sizes and a pair of black-and-white high-top sneakers for himself, Orphan heads to the counter to pay. "Maybe the luck will be a $5 hidden in a pocket," he thinks.

On the way, he looks at jackets. The only leather jacket in the place is a red leather one full of straps and buckles - like the one Michael Jackson wore in the "Beat It" Video in the day, but in size XXL. Deciding he'd rather die than wear that, and intent on getting to a military surplus store ASAP, Orphan grabs the least-awful sweatshirts or windbreakers he can find and takes the bunch up to the counter.

Jordan nodded. He did a lot from memory anyway. He didn't have an eidetic memory, worse luck, but had a pretty good one anyway.

"Try this one. xxx-xxx-xxxx. Then we should talk."

Jordan's memory was beginning to thaw out.

PRE

Talk? Jack thinks briefly. He then focuses on the phone call, repeating the number in a mumble a few times before picking up the receiver, inserting some coins, and finally dialing the number Jordan gave him.

PRE

Jack seems slightly annoyed visually, but maintains his vocal composure as he speaks into the pay phone's receiver.

"Hi, this is Jack Falley. I was wondering if the Curator was available?"
    "Ah... Hm... Well, I guess, could I arrange for a meeting with her, instead?"
    "I'll try calling back again later today. Thank you,"
    Jack finishes, then hangs up.

"Gina said she was out to lunch... I'm gonna try Councilor Spade now, since the F.C. doesn't seem to be doing much but get reestablished, at the mo', so he seems least likely to be especially busy," Jack relays to Jordan before inserting some more coins and dialing the number for the Theurgist.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Jack gets a Out-of-Area/Roaming message.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Jack hangs up the receiver with a bit more force than is necessary.

"He was out of area... I got no more change... I guess I can wait to call everyone via Skype later, and then also get a new phone..."

"Yep...me too."

Then he took a deep breath.

"Listen, Jack...this tragic trip wasn't completely wasted. While I was swimming and making floaties for the kids, I did spot a sigil. It looked like it was chiseled into the concrete foundation of one of the uprights. And what's more disturbing is, I recognized it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread