Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

New Blood

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Blackteeth anticipated Abe's movements perfectly, hitting the Mekhet just under the chin with the flare. The Kindred's undead flesh recoils at fire's kiss, the pain so bright, so hot, Abe would think he was still alive, if he didn't know better. The plan in the pot, the two bums prepare for flight.

Flare shot

Abe takes 2 Agg damage and his next Frenzy check is at -3 since he's been burned.
    Initative: Abe * Bum 1 * Bum 2
    Bums have Defense 2

A
    Alian

resist frenzy

The burns eat away at Abe's dead skin and the beast roars in anger in his head but the human part of Abe's mind takes the proverbial cricket bat and beast it back long enough for him to pull out a knife and preparing to take down the bums, hopefully with little bloodshed.

Both bums see that Abe is still standing and has drawn a weapon. They hold their hands up in submission.

One starts, "This has all been some kinda misunderstanding-"

"Yeah, sorry, mister," the other finishes.

Then they turn tail and run down the alley.

ST mistake Abe takes 3 Agg from the flare due to the Mekhet curse, not 2. Please track your Health, WP, Vitae, Defense, and Speed in your sig from here on out.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Jake had finally gotten to the city. He had to walk most of the way from the lake (and it was a long way, people didn't pick up seven-foot-tall hitchhikers), but if he had anything, he had time. Time and a backpack of clothing, all of which were below the fancy-level of the people around him. And there were plenty of people around, it was a veritable buffet. Rabbit, coyote, dog, none of it tasted good but it got the job done.

More importantly, this many people meant vamps. They don't run around very far from their food, not if they want to last very long. So the goal is to find them and see if there's anything special he needs to do to get recognized by the locals in charge. So he walks the streets, keeping to the alley entrances, hoping to ping on something's head, prefer-
    I spy with my little eye, something very sharp
    And what's this? Someone standing over a road flare? Interesting. Said someone also has a little knife out. Even more interesting. The locals would want to know what's up. Probably. Well, maybe. It's not like he was all that worried about a mortal with a knife anyway. Kid looked like there could be some green in his wallet too. Begs the question, why is someone dressed so well playing with a knife? Might be strung out on something, better not to surprise him, not out in the open. "Hey kiddo," Jake calls out as he approaches. "You need a little... help there?"

It looked like a nice knife too.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

A
    Alian

Abe turns his head and with a snarl.

"NO......."

Abe then raises his head all the way up to look at the person who just talked to him and more politly.

"No thanks, unless you can quickly grab that bum over there for me while I grab his mate."

Abe points over to the two bums running away.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Well, no tingle, he doesn't seem to react to mine. Not scary enough for a Haunt, to open for a Shadow. Means he's prey. Jake didn't like the Beast, but it was... very straightforward. He looks down the alley, and back the way he came to make sure there weren't people watching him. "Why'd you pull a knife on them? Generally they go away if you toss them a ten."

He kicks the flare away from the pair of them, making sure not to toss it into a pile of garbage so it doesn't start a real fire and then looks down at kiddo's burn. "I've got a first aid kit if you want me to take a look at that kiddo." He gestures to the burn that doesn't seem to bother him that much. "Infection can be bad."

A
    Alian

Abe's seems mental torn between the giant guy that just turned up and the bums.

"Well fuck if your not going to help, then hell thats your buisness."

Abe turns on his heal and feels the rush of blood surge through his legs as he flings himself into a all out run after the bum that threw the flare.

(Spending a point of blood for celelerity Abe gives chase with his speed now at 18 or while running 36)

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Ah. Mek then. Dumb too. He stepped back and took in the scene. Then he came to an conclusion. Before kiddo can get away, he calls out, "It's an ambush kiddo."

If he's too much of a fool to heed the voice of experience, he knew he wouldn't see him again to rub it in.

A
    Alian

Abe hears the man shout turns to look then looks back at the bums and then like a bolt of lighting it hit him nearly as hards as Stacy would when she got up set. The narrow sapce the high roofs the two bums were pulling him deeper and deeper into a trap.

"God Dame IT."

Abe came to a complete hault and started to look around fearfull of a surprise attack.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Jake watches kiddo stop and look around. After a second, he calls out to the kid, "Kiddo," and he snaps his fingers and points to his feet. The meaning is clear.

Heel. I'm not chasing your fool ass.

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.