DISPLAYED
Reading Twilight Crap.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Word

S
    Steven

*Applause*

Most appreciated, West.

Appearances of the last couple days to the contrary, I'm not bailing. I just got even more wrapped up in family stuff this weekend than expected. Over the next few days, I'll be hashing out some STing details with Frost and Frac, but I am planning to continue to ST some threads. I'm also definitely planning to keep playing.

S
    Steven

That is great to hear DD, I am really happy to hear you are sticking around with us. I would have been really sad to see you go.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

yaaa DD is still here!

Man... You know, I'm on the fence about a few things.

I'll touch on 'em randomly... and everyone should keep in mind, I've rubbed more than a few people wrong in my time here (Hi, West!) because I pretty much say what's on my mind. (And can someone tell me what the fuck is this "tact" I keep getting told about?)

1 - Site rules pertaining to thread time length. Sort of a valid concern, except not everything can be wrapped up neatly in a set period of time. There certainly should be some leeway here, IMO, and while I see why we have this rule on a personal level I think it's a stupid one. Did DD abuse this rule? Here's a better question... did you still actually have fun? I think the second is more important.

2 - Plot advancement. Touchy subject. I mean, who's at fault? If an ST drops hints and clues and people don't catch them, who really failed? I honestly don't have an answer to this.

3 - Complexity/Believability of plots. Nope, I call bullshit here. DD's plots, by and large, are fine. Homeless people grouping up against Vampires? I can buy that. The drunken hobos are the people Vampires quite often victimize, and are the ones the Vampires least often worry about... after all, who is gonna believe a drunk homeless bum? Others in the same situation. Think of it like Hunter: The Vigil, Lite. (Great taste, less filling.) The homeless struck me as a beginning Conspiracy, not unlike The Union or The Night Watch, but with the "backing" of a level one Cell. As for them being a threat? Look at NWoD rules... groups are a threat to pretty much anyone. The offensive bias rears it's ugly head.

Beyond that... to me, a lot of what my characters ran into seemed to be smart enemies. The sewer debacle? Very smart. Boobytraps, ambushes, small groups to harass us along the way... it's how I'd do it. Plus, when you have a few hundred years to get good at what you do, well... I'd be offended if they all crumpled like cardboard stand-ups of Triple H.

I could keep this up with some of the other points, but I won't bother.

Ultimately, I'm not thrilled DD is stepping down as THE ST for the venue, but I take some solace in knowing he'll still be here.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Maybe someone doing some hollering about Pajamas could post...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
+ Reply to Thread