THREADID

Home, friends, shards

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Pizza sounds good." Samantha said, taking a seat and letting herself relax while she waited for someone to answer Gwen's question. She was curious to see what they found. Hopefully it didn't make releasing that spirit all for nothing.

Vincent Bailey

PRE

Vincent withheld giving Cory the finger. There was a time and place for such buffoonery. As it stood, they had quite a bit to tell Gwen.

"Well, we crashed a party thanks in the main to some smooth talking by your number-one Omega, which just so happened to have a gathering of some of the weirdest looking fuckers in the world. One of them had a television for a head! What's up with that!"

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

"Rolled into a little get together of Claimed. One of them actually managed to down me, but the war-form helped that out, not to mention Deathbringer hitting like a champ." He says remembering the fight with a smile.

"Last Laugh did damn good, tore shit up like a Blood Talon." He says, his smile even brighter as he points a finger at Vincent. "Earned a deedname and all, did us proud."

"As for what we found? Well... the Shard." He says in with a small laugh and a 'well no shit?' expression, just to tease Gwen. "Its in my room, wrapped up in a bag so the blood wont get anywhere. The spirit's torso and arm." He says.

"I need to talk to you alone later on, some shit went down, it had to be done..." He says, the smile leaving his face.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Cory half-suppressed a smile, reading the response in Vincent's body language. He nodded noticably when Mateo gave Last Laugh praise, though, very proud of his little packmate.

Then he sobers, remembering his own failure.

"Boss, I have to admit that I failed as a scout. I could have scouted the house with a Gift of mine, without ever entering the house. We would have known what to expect. I'll do better next time."

He nervously bites on the corner of his lower lip and casts his gaze down at Mateo's feet.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

"Last laugh, huh?" She looks Vincent up and down, apparently weighing him. She nods, as though she were conceding a hard-earned point. "It suits you. Just don't let it get to your head, 'cause then it'll turn into a TV."

It's hard to be grim with the guys around, so Gwen stills stays somewhat cheery. "No worries Cory. You're all back home safe. Means none of you failed." That last to get his answer is Mateo. "Then we'll talk, Mat. You owe me a big ol' story, with the details and everything." It doesn't quite occur to her what he's saying. We're fixing the hisil!

Vinny throws Gwen a salute, chuckling.

"I love this gig!"

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

Mateo nods to Gwen. "It was a damn good fight. Cory's just being a baby cause Laugh showed him up." Mateo says with a laugh, winking at Cory.

"Can you believe this shit? We're all finally gonna fix the fucking hisil... this shit is intense." He says, his voice rising with barely constrained excitement.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Gwen just smiles, glad. "Yeah, that'll be a load off our backs. I can't wait." Looking at her finished sandwich, she looks around at the others. "You guys done? Let's get this where it needs to be." She punctuates the statement by taking a small bite out of her sandwich, then cutting the rest neatly down the middle, and handing one half to Samantha. "Not for eating," she adds seriously. It would be easier to exaplin when Sam is facing Scavenger.

There was only one question left, really : Bring the guest / newcomer to Scavenger, or do this in private?

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Seeing that no one was concerned about Cory's lack of initiative, he smile and joins in the mood.

"Boss, I was just trying to give the old pup a chance to shine. I mean, with you stepping in front of bullets and such, I figured we were safe for a bit."

Mateo Benavides
    Mateo Benavides

PRE

I say we do another thread, to decrease chances of continuity scambles/fuck ups, if everyone else is good with that?

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last