Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Off To Visit Mama

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Asia got into the car and waited for Nightfall to get settled in before pulling away from the antique shop. She was frustrated by their new task. How were they supposed to convince Crunk to come out from behind his mother's skirts when they didn't even know if it was safe? Nevermind the fact that they couldn't tell him why he was shot at or who had been behind the gun. And why in the hell were Winter Courtiers going and telling someone to come out of hiding? How rediculous was that!

She also had the nagging feeling that there were things going on that she didn't know about. Was there something between Crunk and Katrin that they didn't want Winter or Sprint Courtiers finding out about? One thing was for sure, she was going to talk to Crunk and try to get some answers. She'd use her femanine resources if she had to. It wouldn't be the first time she'd done things like that to get information and Crunk was definitly suseptable to that kind of thing.

She glances at Nightfall, wondering what he was thinking. "So, any ideas as to how we are supposed to do this?" She asks quietly, not wanting to startle the man if he was deep in thought.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall was having similar thoughts, but they didn't last as long. Realizing that the Answer Fairy wasn't going to jump out of Asia's glove box, he had drifted off to thinking about base jumping, and wondering what Adin was up to. It was odd to think that he was tracking down his friend's Sovereign, but they had yet to speak of it. Which really just left the question of whether he wasn't sure how his over-zealous friend might respond, or if he were putting his Court first.

He wasn't sure.

"Well, he invited us over,"
    Nightfall offered. "That means he's receptive to seeing us... I guess we'll play it by ear?"

If things got dicey, they could always round up one of Crunk's 'close friends' to help, although Asia was pretty enough... but he didn't want to make any assumptions.

Asia tries not to be annoyed by his answer. Then, suddenly the irritation fades. Maybe Nightfall is right. Maybe his 'go-with-the-flow' attitude is merely a defense mechanism. Just because one did horrible things for their Keeper, does not mean they need to be an alone and depressed individual now.

For the first time, Asia gives him a genuine smile. "Yes, I think we will." She says in a light tone.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall smiles in return, not sure what's happened, but glad to see a smile nonetheless

Maybe it was a sign that this was going to be smooth and easy.

"So do you check out all the guys you see, or just the ones with pointy ears?" he teased her lightly.

Asia's face turns bright red and she tries very hard not to look mortified by the question. Although, she doesn't seem to pull it off very well.

"I think I bisunderstood your refernce to ah.....nuts." She says quietly. "No, I ab very shy when it cobes to those things. I generally run the other way frob ben I find attractive."

She glances at him as she takes a turn, looking both ways. "I was not given a choice with you, so I ab trying to bake the best of it without insulting you. It's nothing personal. It's just been a very very long tibe."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall nods, and the playful smile fades. He reaches out to lightly touch Asia's hand.

"Don't waste second chances," he says, then takes his hand back.

Whatever she wanted to do, with whomever, was her own business... but he'd never heard anyone say they wished they hadn't
    gotten a do-over.

Asia looks at him for a moment before turning her eyes back to the road. She wasn't sure what to make of his statement. Was he refering to their freedom or was he refering to something else?

She sees the road to Mama Crunk's house and decides to consider it later. She turns onto the road and searches for the house. Finding it, finally, she turns into the driveway and parks the car.

She then gives her full attention to Nightfall. "If you don't bind, I'd like you to do the talking this tibe. I ab not sure what to say to hib."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Sure," Nightfall agreed, understanding. Given his past... speech issues... he understood. Although, he doubted it would make a difference. They'd be like Wheel of Fortune.

Nobody gave a shit what Pat Sajak said.

With a thumbs-up, he got out of the car.

Asia walks up to the door and knocks. Then she steps back and stands slightly behind Nightfall, waiting for the door to open and idly wondering if Mama Crunk would be just as loud as her son.

The house is a simple two up-two down, nothing in comparison to the Spring King's and nothing makes it standout from the rest in this particular street. A cat meows by the door, waiting to be let in.

The door opens to reveal a short woman of Carribean descent wearing a flowery blue dress and a white apron. She looks at Asia and Nightfall through a pair of spectacles that is attached around her neck with a piece of cord from end to end.

"Yes, can I help you?" she asks in a polite, and quiet, tone.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread