Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Can't Keep My Eyes from the Circling Skies

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Tug was angry at himself. He had revealed his Awakened status to an enemy that was in no rush to return the favor. He had lost Onions, right when the man had started on about a 'key,' and how likely was it that he'd find him back at the same place? Right. And, spin it anyway you like, he had got beat up by regular, everyday people. Downstairs, in the small home gym he shares with his brother, he put that anger to proper use...bench-presses.

When he's finished with his morning routine of exercise, breakfast, and tending to the Hallow, the Arrow resolves to take action. The Thyrsus reasons that a bird-shape will let him search more efficiently and spy more effectively than his man-shape. Tug knows of two others who are capable of the same, and might be interested in joining this plan- his fellow Arrow, Ankh, and Wild Man Animus. He sits down in his living room and sends a text to both.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus takes a bus to the Circle of Creation and heads inside. As he begins walking up the stairs, however, he feels a mounting resistance to his movements. For a moment, he wonders whether he could simply fight through it, but quickly decides against trying. The way was blocked for a reason.

He takes out his cell phone and sends Tug a quick text message.

PRE

Excited that two other Shamans, both Masters of Life, in fact, had agreed to join him, Tug puts the phone away and walks into his Hallow. It had a happy, joyful, childlike resonance that always left the Thyrsus in the mood for candy after casting. The plants he had filled the room with were thriving, but that was more likely the influence of the Supernal than Tug's thumb, which was just the usual color.

First, he forces the Living Tongue from his lips as he summons a familiar Imago- borrowing the shell of the Tortoise and using it to reinforce the man's weak skin. He smiles as his spell takes firm root in the Fallen world. Something still bothered him, though.

Organic Resilience 7sux

Even as birds, Sacramento is still a lot of city to cover. Perhaps Fate could help him choose where to begin the search for the mysterious Mr. Onions. The Shaman chants, and imagine...infinite possibilities, stretching from the ocean of the present inland, endless streams intertwining, criss-crossing, doubling back, and joining with others to become rivers of probability, and Tug simply had to find the strongest rapids. As he looses this Imago, he felt the Hallow buoy his spell, so he could preserve his Mana.

Synchronicity 2 sux

The Shaman's head buzzes oddly as he walks out of the Hallow and, like most red-blooded Americans, turns the television on for guidance. Where will Fate's hand take the trio of Thyrsoi?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Tug sees a Tony Robbins commercial, cajoling the lazy to get off their asses and help themselves.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

5. Likes Benji liked this post

PRE

Tug laughs out loud. "Alright, alright," he says, turning off the television. "I'm goin'," he announces to Providence, should she be listening. Tug takes his dedicated dragon knuckles, the old ones he'd had modified by that new blacksmith in town, with the intention of leaving them at the Circle when he Changes. As he grabs his black leather jacket, he hears his cell phone beeping a text from Animus. "Great, I'm already running late," he chuckles, then returns the text and, after securing the alarm, takes off in the Escalade for the Circle.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh goes into her room and gets undressed. She figures she may as well arrive in her chosen form rather then wasting the gas to get there. She begins to cast and feels the grip of pain as her shifting begins.

Dammit, I must be slipping.

Shaking off the sentsation, she takes to the air and flies out the window, heading for the Circle of Creation.

Ouch

PRE

Tug finally arrives at the Circle, the sound of the Escalade's engine arriving seconds before he pulls into the parking lot. Jumping out, he sets the alarm on the truck, jogs up to the entrance, throws open the double doors and says, "Animus! Glad you made it. Sorry I'm late."

He walks up to shake the Herald's hand enthusiastically. He had seemed sad, as far as Tug could tell, at the Consilium meeting. Having one's cabal leave town must be tough, and Tug figured some time in the air would do him some good. Hell, Tug, too.

"I thought we'd wait for Ankh to share intel. Looking forward to logging some flight time?" The big man's enthusiasm is writ large upon his face.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus brightens visibly at the other Thyrsus' exuberance. "Some flight will be good. It's always fun to let the animal loose. Any chance you can convince them to relax the Ward, or are we going to have to relocate?"

PRE

"Uh, I don't know," Tug says, slightly embarrassed. "I forgot about the Ward, sorry. I'll just pop in and see if anyone's around. Just stay put," he chuckles as he makes his way into the Circle proper.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus' phone buzzes, barely audible. He flips it open, not recognizing the number. "This is Animus."

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread