Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Leaving the Gas Station

Charlie waits until he's a couple miles away from the gas station before answering Alexander's query on his thoughts on the night.

"In answer to your question, next time I decide to fill up my tank and see Mairsil sitting in a gas station I'm passing. Talk about a turn of events from a simple errand. Although if you ask me, I think someone's going to shit a brick about the mess happening. Particularly with whatever deputy John was trying to get a hold of. Then again, when it comes to getting rid of evidence, fire is the best way to solve that problem."

Charlie let's a brief silence pass after he's done making jokes and then quietly says, "Besides the back of that van was pretty fucked up so it would have taken even longer to do hide it without blowing it up. What are your thoughts on this whole thing?" he asks turning to Alexander.

M
    Matt Helm

"It was a rollercoaster of events that's for sure. One moment I thought we were free and then something else would pop up. With the dead man, the van, John, Mairsil and the whole fricken night, I'm amazed we got out of there in relatively good condition." Alexander pauses for a moment, thinking deeply.

"Now, the real reason I wanted to ride with you is, you're the only there I halfway would trust and this is something too big for me to handle alone. So I want to know if you will follow me deeper into this thing? If not then I understand, half of tonights events would scare the crap out of half the vamps I know and send them running with there tails between their legs. But if you help me out, then maybe we can get some answers that could help clear up tonight." Another pause to let his words sink in.

"So what do you say?"

Charlie is silent for a moment, a long moment.

Hm, the big T word. Well he's right it's definitely a LOT of trouble but then again, that's been an experience i've had for, I don't even remember how long. Still, I can't help but feel curious about what's up with the truck...and the dead girl for that matter and why Mairsil did what he did to her. Two heads wouldn't be bad going into this instead of one.

"
    If there's anything I'm good at, it's digging dirt and running from trouble after they've found me so yeah I'm in." he says and then he hesitates but then shares his other tidbit of information to seal the partnership. "There's something else. I checked the back of that truck, there was all this torture shit in the back like sharp things and even a cattle prod. There was also a dead mortal in the back, there was a pool of blood in front of her and judging from the color it looked like she had recently been killed if you catch my drift."

he turns and looks at Alexander to gauge his reaction.

M
    Matt Helm

Alexander sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "That explains in part, why he was acting strange after he got out of the van. This just makes things more complicated but luckily we can distance ourselves enough from Mairsil that any backlash will only affect him so we needn't not worry about that."

"If you can dig up dirt then I can deal with the fallout. First thing I'll need you to do is find out what you can about that van. Maybe these will help."
    Alexander hands Charlie the maps, insurance and registration papers. "Now you've got my phone number, so if you figure anything out, give me a call." Alex looks out the window. "You can just drop me off here."

Charlie agrees in part with what Alexander says, although there is one itchy feeling he has.

If Mairsil ever gets suspicion that either of us know what he did, he may decide to torch us as well.

He pulls up against the curb and takes the insurance and registration papers. "Perfect, I got the license plate numbers too so this may be enough. I have people who can find people like this easily." he says. "I'll call ya as soon as I find something out. Take care of yourself brotha."

M
    Matt Helm

Alexander gives a smile as he steps outside of the car. "Good, and right back atcha."

He shuts the door to the car and begins walking.

End Scene

Closed Thread