Ended
Watch

(2306) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!
    Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.
    Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Circle.

2. Likes Xander liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She had become used to the quiet of the complex. The lack of various food or drink odors greeting her upon arrival was no longer a thought that crossed her mind aside from when she herself realized she was hungry or thirsty.

She wasn't alone here. Winter had returned, though none who expected it still remained. But even if he was here at the same time as her, double of one was still only two.

As it was, today she was dropping off a few books she had acquired that she herself didn't want to take up space at her place. The bookshelf she had dragged out a few months back was still mostly empty, but there was a start to the collection. And she was proud to say that it wasn't even just books she liked.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

His arrival is announced by the sound of his footsteps. He takes his time to admire the cathedral and to bask in its familiarity, before diving back to the central nave.
    "Hello", he says, spotting the busy woman. "Gone shopping?"

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch settled the last book into its new home before turning to offer a greeting smile to Winter.

"Hello. Ah- no. I mean, not in the traditional capitalistic sense." She waved a hand toward the section of bookshelf with the new additions, "Freebies in need of a new shelf."

"How go things with you?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He admires teh books, as much as his skepticism of the written word went, there were still tidbits of truth to be found in the written word, despite the Exarchial influence that tended to corrupt even the most pristine teachings.
    "It's good that you're making this place more comfortable", he nods, "it's alright, I've managed to snag back the lease of my old apartment. Still got a bit of the old spark"

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"As much as one can when the place is a giant church?" She quips back wryly.

"Congrats! With today's real estate economy that must no doubt be a relief. Apartment though?" she tilted her head to study him for a second and then shrugged with a grin, "I would have never guessed you to be the type willing to be surrounded by other people with only a wall between."

"Though I imagine upkeep is easier. No yard.

Presence
    Gear

(at start of Die Young Live Fast PRP):
    backpack with the following:
    1 L plastic water bottle,
    lighter, cigarette pack,
    can of hairspray,
    hair comb,
    smartphone,
    2 TB blank SSD with USB 4.0 cable,
    wallet with ID, various credit and membership cards and permits(non-supernatural), car key and $20 cash
    Stats

(in DLYF: Philip`s Apartment): Mana
    Willpower
    (all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Total spells: (in DYLF: Back to the lounge): 2/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 2/2 (Fortunes Protection, Sybils Sight)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Library of Time, earlier WP use and Superlative Fate

PRE

Philip confidently strode forward as he entered the common area of the Circle, grabbed a broom from a closet, and started sweeping the floor. Overhearing the ongoing conversation, he interjected: "Regarding your lease, that must have been quite the coup. I wish I could say the same, I just hope my boss doesn`t turn down the raise I demanded for this year. I`m Philip Crosen, by the way. Nice to meet you guys. I`ve kept a low profile until now, but I couldn`t stay behind closed doors again today."
    (in DYLF: Philip`s Apartment)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    (Fortunes Protection, Sybils Sight)

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Turning at the sound of a new voice, Witch watched for a second as the man made himself at home.

She knew that she hadn't been doing the patrols to the level of Phoenyx ... there was no way she was going to live here. But maybe this was a sign that she should come and hang outpatrol more often than she had been?

"Philip Crosen?" she repeated, making sure she got the ... well, rather mundane sounding name correct. "Witch," she said touching a hand to her chest in identification. She glanced toward Winter , pausing to give him a chance to offer his own introduction if he wanted to.

"Welcome to the Circle. You said you've been in town for a while? Just deciding to make it permanent and join or ..." Or was this a more formal farewell than she had received in the last ... well. Set of months.

Presence
    Gear

(at start of Die Young Live Fast PRP):
    backpack with the following:
    1 L plastic water bottle,
    lighter, cigarette pack,
    can of hairspray,
    hair comb,
    smartphone,
    2 TB blank SSD with USB 4.0 cable,
    wallet with ID, various credit and membership cards and permits(non-supernatural), car key and $20 cash
    Stats

(in DLYF: Philip`s Apartment): Mana
    Willpower
    (all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Total spells: (in DYLF: Back to the lounge): 2/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 2/2 (Fortunes Protection, Sybils Sight)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Library of Time, earlier WP use and Superlative Fate

PRE

He continued sweeping, but turned to look at Witch more intently as she said his name."As I was saying, I`m delighted to finally meet you. I`ve been in this city for some time and I recently decided to join the local Consilium and come out of the woodwork. I want to get recognised as being worthy of standing beside other mages in this town, and not just drown in my work all day. Not that I don`t find the work rewarding, but still. I will start by helping you clean this place up today. So yeah, I would like to `make it permanent and join`, as it were, if that is ok with you guys, that is? And you can call me Philip, or Phil if you prefer, by the way."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread