Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
Invictus Survival Guide

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

meh that's a bit too much hand-holding for me my sig stays.
    But West, I'm lazy, man

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Also, here's this:

http://nwod.org/forum/group.php?groupid=4

I'll be posting general title info here, for those that don't have the Invictus book.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

Just checking, but near as I remember, isn't Asa ACTUALLY just an Alder Prince?
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Firstly, there is/was no Judex, and there needs to be one. Secondly, you're more than welcome to challenge his right to the titles IC

Quote Originally posted by The Invictus, p.39:
    A RULE OF THUMB
    It’s all well and good to say that vampires earn their titles, but how does a Storyteller decide what makes a fair application in game terms? A simple measure may be to compare the number of titles the character has with her level of Covenant Status. If the numbers match up, or differ by just one more or less, everything is as it should be. If the Status outweighs the number of titles, it’s probably time to bestow a new one on the character. If the titles outweigh the Status, the character is either a less-respected, multidisciplined professional or is bound to have a title or two stripped from him one night.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Posted all the Titles and descriptions for those that don't have the book:

Invictus Group

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

First... let me preface this by saying these are my personal thoughts, and what I've derived from the source material, from observation of play, and playing. By no means is this 'canon' or a policy guide on how Twilight Valley views/plays the Invictus. It's just another player's opinion; take it as you will. I'll also try to keep it brief; no one needs another text wall

Power
    The Invictus' foundation is the acquisition of power. Always remember that. Subsequently, the foremost concern of an Invictus should be to recognize and respect power. Now, you might wonder if the foremost concern should be to gain power. Hell no. You'll get squished like a bug if you make a grab at something someone bigger and badder owns, if you can't recognize that fact.

Courtesy
    That being said, we see why courtesy is so important. It is the acknowledgement that one recognizes, and respects, power. To not pay proper courtesy is to assault a member at their very core; to do so publicly, even worse.

Patronage
    The backbone of the entire Invictus organization is the patronage system; that is, a mentor and a bitch. Yes, you read that right. A senior Invictus will teach, advance, and defend a chosen junior member. In return, that junior member licks their toes and does whatever else they want.

In this way, the junior member learns how to not get himself killed, as well as other basics, until such a time as they're ready to go off on their own.

The senior member, aside from gaining a bitch, also gains the prestige and power associated with a rising star, if they chose wisely. Further down the road, that bitch... errr... former student... may be powerful enough in their own right to be a worthy supporter or ally. Or they may become powerful enough to stage a coup and jack their former mentor. Think about that while you decide just how far to push them.

In Play
    So... you may know all this. Great. Buy your Status and jump in. But... you may not... but still want to be in the Invictus. Here's what you do: Buy your dot of Status, then present your newly arrived ass to your Judex and give them (with the ST's permission) the letter from your former patron (from wherever you came from) asking that you be placed in the care of the Au Pair, an Almoner, or be allowed to petition for a new patron. Easy. You learn the ropes, don't commit suicide in your first three posts, and possibly have a connection with another player/character. Voila!

What? Oh, yeah, you're stuck being a bitch.

Well...

...you're an immortal. It can't last forever.

Right?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread