Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Even though they had met once before, there was still a few items to discuss. Tonight, all business should be concluded.

His ghoul waited patiently at the entrance for the expected guest. Once she arrived, Jennifer would be led up the left-hand set of stairs up to the ballroom observatory landing. At the center there was a chess set on a marble podium. Several of the pieces were displaced from their starting squares, as if there was a match in progress. On either side of the landing was an identical set of double doors. Jack's ghoul rapped on the doors closest to the stairs you ascended and opened the door for Jennifer to enter.

Inside of Jack's office, the wall lighting was comfortably dim. Two low-back velvet chairs trimmed in gold leaf sat before the same desk he used as Seneschal was now located here- an ornate hardwood design but worn and aged save for a refinished surface. The desk's surface itself was mostly clear save for a brass inkwell and pen set and a small, bulbous decanter.

Behind the desk was a large curio cabinet. Several items could be seen on it's shelves: an ornate chess set, a steampunk themed set of cufflinks, antique amethyst cufflinks, a men's diamond ring, a tie bar with matching cufflinks, a silk kerchief with dark purples and gold trim embroidered with a J, and a knife with the Ventrue sigil etched in the blade. To the side were two books: an English Translation of Le Language des Fleurs by Charlotte de la Tour and an old, worn book.

On the bottom shelf, there was a 2 by 1 marble slab bearing a stylized engraving of the prologue to Hammurabi's code, obsidian flakes masking the sections lost to time.

On the right-hand wall there was an ebony polished armoire with a lazy susan on top with various decanters and crystal glasses. There was a framed artwork with pressed flowers hung on the wall. A knowledgeable observer would see that itfeatured primarily mountain laurel, laurel-leaved magnolia, and bee orchids flowers against a black background. Next to it was a Cheetah skin spread and pinned to the wall. At the back corner of the right-hand wall was another set of double doors, though these were closed.

Expecting his guest this evening, Jack rose to his feet to greet the Lady Seneschal. As was typical, he had polished dress shoes, suit pants and a purple vest over a white dress shirt. His Rolex was on his wrist and he wore an amethyst studded tie pin.

Blood Hunt:

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer wore a black couture gown tailored for her 5'7'' frame, a silver silk scarf carefully arranged and discreetly pinned to completely cover one side of Jennifer's neck and shoulder. She wore only the chocolate diamond and diamond ring as her jewelry. One might notice this was a change from how she normally styled her outfits. Jennifer wore discreet makeup, brown eyeshadow and coral lipstick, accentuated by her Blush.
    Jennifer's ghoul remained outside of the office door. Liam moved to be unobtrusive to the happenings of his betters.
    Upon entering the office, Jennifer took a moment to take in everything that was on display. It was the Les Language de Fleurs that first attracted her attention. She moved to get a closer look for a moment and then turned her full attention to moving to where Jack had chosen as their seating area.
    "Good evening," She greeted with her Curse seeping into her words, causing them to slither like a serpent over dying autumn leaves. "- I trust that you have been well since we spoke last?" She inquired, ever polite.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening," he responded with pleasantry, even though he fought with his discomfort of the snake-like voice.

"I have," and with a retort he added, "I trust you've been busy as well settling into your new role?"

"I figured we could start on the matter of Mister Heinrich's oath, unless you had any objections."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer took a seat. "Yes, I have been settling into the new role. I have been spending the time in Court appraising the new arrivals on how to participate in the Tournament. I look forward to seeing the events."

I have no objections."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord lowered himself into his own chair after the Seneschal took her seat.

"The matter is fairly straightforward. He continues to cling to the deceptions of that night so I see no reason to delay swearing him by blood to the city." The Lord flitted the fingers of his right hand in the air, "However, I would suggest the language be broad. Something to the effect of swearing to serve the Domain, follow the Laws of the Domain and to serve it's Court to his fullest ability." His brow raised, expecting some kind of feedback or opinion on the language.

"I will also offer you my services in facilitating the Oath, should you desire. I have learned how to apply immediate consequences to breaking it and considering his history I believe it is more than appropriate."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gives a short nod. Jennifer looks at Jacque for a beat. Her expression was thoughtful.
    "That is to be expected. Kindred lie." She stated simply. To themselves, perhaps most of all. I have always strove to never lie, although I do not think anyone except the Prince and Dirt Nap ever truly accepted it.

"I see the merits of what you suggest. I was always curious about his addition to 'I would leave the Domain immediately' that he saw fit to write into the farce he tried to claim as an Oath. I would take you up on your offer to facilitate the Oath. What a wonderful Oath to have learned."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That they do, yet I have spent a not so insignificant portion of my danse to combat that very plague. Perhaps it is a fool's errand but we all witnessed how quickly Mister Heinrich's situation deteriorated when he was unable." He thought to himself for a moment, "Though, the continued lie matters little- the new Oath will resolve the matter."

The Lord chuckled over the language, "I believe he thought it sounded better than it actually did. A commitment to vacate the city upon a change of loyalty or perhaps even scruples when in reality that should not be in the realm of possibility or consideration when signing an Oath." The Lord nodded. "An immediate, tangible consequence to breaking Oaths should prove a useful tool in matters like these."

"I know we have spoken regarding broad language before, though it's been over two years by this point."
    A blink of an eye for the immortal, "Will that be the approach taken for this matter?"

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I agree with you." Jennifer replied smoothly as she considered Jack's words on Priscus Heinrich. Her Cursed voice slithered like a serpent over dying autumn leaves.
    "A perfect opportunity for the new Oath will present it itself upon his return at the beginning of next month."
    Jennifer evaulated Jack for a beat. A few thoughts swirled in her mind.

"Given the history, language will be quite critical. You have thoughts?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Something to the effect of swearing to serve the Domain, follow the Laws of the Domain and to serve it's Court to his fullest ability," he repeated. "As I've alluded to in our previous conversations, I believe such oaths should be of broad strokes. Loopholes aren't the problem they are within mortal contract law. A broad stroke as I've aforementioned would result in the binary state of either having served to his fullest ability or not."

"I still feel after all this time that the same should apply to our own Oaths within the First Estate. I find it... an interesting choice that our Oath has more of a language towards loyalty to Sacramento and it's Prince than the Invictus itself."
    The Lord paused for a few fleeting beats, "This in itself would not necessarily be an issue given the dynamic of power and influence here, but I do find it no less than frustrating that when I am called to handle a breach, I cannot simply execute without the permission being specifically granted by Her Grace. Even though the action itself was in the best interest of the Invictus, the Domain and our entire society as a whole... my action without expressed permission from her lips could cast doubt on any of the numerous clauses within my Oath."

His eyes narrowed in thought, "Only we, the First Estate have placed such supernatural shackles on ourselves. I still believe this night that it would have been just as effective to swear us to serve and act in the best interest of the Invictus. To ensure each action that we take sustains or advances our influence in Kindred society and you could even add any detail as you had written regarding reporting attempts to extract our secrets from a member. This is a future I would like to see for Sacramento, but I wish first to hear any concerns the Lady Notary of Sacramento might have regarding the subject and my perspectives."

Following that discussion the Lord inquired, "I also wanted to check in with you to see if you had prepared any prizes for your event in the upcoming tournament."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Dark eyes view Jack for a beat.

"I thought that would be expected." Jennifer let a beat pass.
    "You wish to discuss your thoughts on how I have designed the First Estate Oath? I believe that I designed it quite well.

Can you describe your dissatisfaction? Is it specifically that the loyalty is not stated to the First estate?"

Jennifer looked at Jack for a moment.
    "You cannot simply execute without permission being specifically granted by her Grace. " Jennifer repeats, brown eyes on Jack.
    "I am held to the same expectations. Would that I be able to rely on the family strength to stake a criminal at that time. Certain expectations hold us.

Do your frustrations hinge on that in assisting as you did the evening that we assisted in covering a Breach, it would cast doubts upon your oath? Do I have that clear?
    Would a revision of ' held to the tenants of the First estate', ease the frustration?"

Autumn eyes focus on Jack as he continues.

"Clarify that thought for me. This is a future that you would like to see for Sacramento.
    You wish for me to make changes to the Oath that members of the First Estate swear."

Jennifer states calmly on the change of subject.
    I have.

As we discussed the last time that we spoke, I had thought about what sort of Seneschal I will be.
    I have taken some responsibility from her Grace, the Alder Prince. Such as acknowledgement of a recent arrival."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread