Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Spring Coronation) Kane and company

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 20, 2023 : (2303)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

Continued from (2303)Spring Coronation...

"Nice to meet you Rlyeh. I only escaped earlier this year, so that's technically longer then I've been affiliated."
    He shrugs, still smiling to the oil spill fox. Rlyeh can cut herself short, but that doesn't mean Kane has to let her.

As he tries to think of something to say, more people filter in. A giant doggo, some kind of wolf man, a burned dwarf, and a blue suit. Oh! Blue suit.

"Hey. How are you?"
    Still smiles as Jasper gives that Irish 'ello. And then Circe chimes in, and it was official business time.

"On the phone, yes.
    Kane Harlow." He continues his smiles as he addresses his queen. Her question was a bit direct, but what Summer wasn't? "I received instruction on modern army combatives before being Taken. So not a guns or knives kinda guy. It was enough for me to become a Crimson Knight in my last home before coming here, though I'm not sure where that title would stand in a new freehold."

There was a pause, and Kane's lips pursed together as he contemplated how to continue.

"How about you? What's your first resort when the Others come charging?"

Back to smiling. Yep, totally good here.

2. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Continued from (2303)Spring Coronation...

Drifting around the newest Summer, even as she fights a frown-crumpling-shoulders. Not even a year and still better than her. Self consciously she sniffs the road stop wafting off her fur. And hearing the drip-drip-drop of her hair and -

"Projectile vomit." she says before she can think, "UM!" feeling the dishwater-white of her cheeks flush darkly at the words, it was true but. People didn't like hearing about it. "I want-to-would-like to. Um. Work on my grappling." mostly so she can vomit up sludge-slime-oil into people's faces. If-when she needed to. And. She would. Need to.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

4. Likes CaptainCountdown, , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So Kane, yer legacy is...fist?" Circe wasn't sure what combatives meant but if he wasn't a gun or knife type, it was probably fist. He might not even get the reference. "Eh, I think I can upgrade that," she nods her head.

As for her response to Them? "Five rounds rapid," she holds up her left hand and starts counting off, "Aim fer the knee, and drop something heavy on it or equivalent." She shrugs. "Remember, throwing a car at Them is cool, but running 'em over at 60 miles an hour will do way more damage," Circe gives an angelic smile as she sings, "Physics."

"Wait. Like a," then turns to R'Lyeh and notices the expression on her face. Oh. "I know blood puke hose of murder sounds cool," she nods, "But we're the Army of Summer, not Darkness. Plus it'd be murder on the throat. And the enemy. And cleaning bill. Bad, bad contract. We joke, but don't try ta get that theoretical contract." She jests to try and distract from the vomit line. Badly, but she tries to help R'Lyeh.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

Rlyeh's answer to his question elicited an immediate jump from his eyebrows. His mouth opened to say something, but Circe beat him to the punch. Not that she was better? He was glad he hadn't made it to the buffet line yet.

"I can totally show you how to choke a bitch out." Yes, much more productive line of conversation. Certainly less icky right before lunch. "Among other things. I'm happy to share what I remember about my time as a special tactics officer."

All smiles! Even if his eyebrows were still arched up a bit at the idea of Rlyeh throwing up on someone as a first move in combat. Circe's reference is met with silence and the same confused eyebrow raise. When she mentions upgrades the smile fades but the eyebrows stay up.

"Neat?" Upgrade was an unfortunate choice of words. He was pretty sure the last time someone thought they could improve him he was flayed. Or maybe that was a dream? He couldn't remember what was real and what was a nightmare on the Other's side. Although, his porcelain plates implied a specific answer to that question.

"I don't remember much about guns. First aid either. Those were skills I lost to my durance. Both are skills I'd like to relearn though, if you have time to go to a range. Or the hedge. Do guns work in the hedge?"

Serious question is serious. Plus he was never the best driver, so that's less pressing.

8. Likes CaptainCountdown, liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Did they...did they actually think that she's throw up-throw up and not use her Cursed-gift-Blessing? "...I. I don't. It's...something Blightbents can do. Because we're gross." she says-explains. Brows furrowed as she tries to process. Did they really think she'd throw up on someone just because? Was she that gross-bad-wrong?

"I would very much like to learn how to choke a bitch out." feeling distant and bad. They were pretty-blessed-confident-fierce and she was...herself-not. She chews on her lip.

"Kinda...I think. Gun are weird....but I don't think I'd trust them in the Hedge." she says, then stops. Looking at Circe-queen and. Welp. She didn't want to tell her Queen that she thought her gun-in-the-hedge thing was silly, but. She just kinda told her Queen that her guns-in-the-hedge was silly.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

10. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

When R'lyeh explains, Circe gives another surpised, "Oh." Theen her ears droop and her cheeks briefly purple, "I thought ya were referencing Evil Dead. Didn't know Blightbents could do that," she admits.

And it looks like nobody got the videogame reference. Circe shakes her head and raises both hands up in a shrug, "Just gloves, fer ya ta share the loves. Of violence."

As fer his question of guns working in the Hedge. R'Lyeh tries to answer and CIrce smirks as she throws her head back. "Oh ho ho ho! Cazzo si they work." Double thumbs up, "Totally work. I mean," she thinks for a moment, "The high tech ones with the circuits probably won't last long, but I've had no prob with autos," she counts off with her fingers, "Pumps, or rifles in the Hedge. Focus on reliable models, and none have broken yet. But none have turned into Tokens by being left in my Hollow," she holds up both hands one going up one down, "Good and bad. I have some theories, Rhodes probably has better."

Circe decides to show a little wisdom of the elders: sharing mistakes. "More simple more better. I tested a truck in the Hedge," she giggles and then laughs, "Oh ho ho ho! That thing is still rusting somewhere in the Thorns."

Sorry for the lack of details, ooc I am crit failing a fight with a migraine.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes , , liked this post

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"Ooooooh."

This makes more sense, though still vague?

"I honestly just had no idea what to do with projectile vomit? Like how is that self defense? But kith blessing puts it in perspective."
    He does his best to smile. Truth is he's feeling bad for not knowing what to say. Then or now. "I'm always happy to help other lost. Let me know when you want to get together and where and I'll be there."

Supportive courtmate wants to be supportive, he's just got those elemental people skills. Circe chimes in and clarifies her upgrade statement, and the Manikin is clearly more relaxed now that the idea of being torn apart or thrown up on is distinctly past tense.

"Good to know." About the guns and the truck. He kinda figured vehicles weren't going to do so well in the Hedge, but she seemed like she had tried guns and had some success. Also worth a chuckle about the rust.

Then Seraphina speaks and his eyes are drawn to the most magnetic of sovereigns. A very spring-y crown appears on her head and she touches a rock. Maybe he was a bit cynical, but the idea of doing whatever random thought crossed his mind while privateers and hobs wandered around seemed a bit dangerous to the Summer. He had only recently emerged from the warzone he was Taken to, and he unfortunately knew for a fact everything that died would not be alive again. Partially because he forgot basic first aid? This is why you minimize head injuries like shrapnel embedded in your skull. Where was he going with this again?

"So is there anything going on in the freehold I should know about? Specific threats? Juicy gossip? Free trods?"

Yeah, he didn't know where he was going with this either.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Was that a compliment? I sounded like a compliment. She's taking as a compliment. She kinda-really-actually needs one right now. "We can do that. But thanks for thinking I could be part of a movie."

She nods along interesting information. Eyes flashing bright and interested. "is that the line then? Circuitry? Your truck didn't warp-shift-change? It's still iron-side-functional? And nothing ever happens to your hedge-brought-gun-either?" she asks in quick succession. Answers-Questions-New Knowledge, but her growing list of Questions is cut off as Sera-queen gives her speech and feeds the Glamour into the Wyrdstone and she smiles, soft-small-happy then stops.

Kane wasn't Wyrdstone-Approved.

"You need to go to the Wyrdstone." she says, completely serious, "before I can Answer any of those Questions." especilly so. Because. What if...

Loyalists and Privateers...

how many here weren't wyrdstone-approved? how many here already knew they're way to the Spring Hollow open-armed-welcomed. How many.....

16. Likes , , Xander liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe thinks for a moment on the issue of movies. She knew people? "I, uh, nope," she shakes her head looking to R'Lyeh, "My contacts are in props, not producers. Ya could pull it off R'Lyeh, but I ain't go the contacts."

Seraphina arrives, stunning as usual in a true example what it means to make are from the Hedge. And a reminder of why Circe gave up on trying to compete. It was petulant, childish, and not much point in a race using a flatbed when your opponent had a Lamborgini. Sera was the Lamborgini in this analogy. Spring indulgence wasn't the way of Summer, but Seraphina was her friend so she'd support her. And she knew how the seasons fucked with Them.

Circe roars a cheer in support of Seraphina, "Ha! Yer totally out glassing every outfit here tonight!" Then chuckles, "Which is why I don't compete no more."

As for the lines and the questions R'Lyeh asks? Those are very good questions. "Excellent question R'Lyeh," she praises her Summer courtier. "Think it is complicated complications. More parts, more break. Other theories too. Like, I heard somebody used a mountain bike in the Hedge," she hums, "And guns are dead simple. Though oh ho ho ho!" Circe shakes with laughter as her hands gesticulate to provide visual emphasis, "The Thorns and terrain didn't help truck's tires and undercarriage." She smiles, "Oh ho ho ho, nor that the truck was a $100 beater. Never got it back out. But no," she shakes her head, "The Cold War era guns I've brought inta the Hedge have worked fine," she thinks back to some things she used in the Bay, "And the dubya dubya two machinegun worked fine too," then mumbles something, "Should'a hidden that instead of the Makarov."

R'Lyeh brings up a good point for Kane. Circe nods her head toward R'Lyeh with a smirk, "The Summer Soldier is solidly certain. I've got a title fer being in charge of security too," she looks to Kane's face, "I will need ya sworn in before I discuss foes, treasures, lobster mines, and concerns. Basic security and all that," she wave her hand towards the Wyrdstone, "Just a lil' Glamour and the oath, Freehold standard, yadda yadda, we all know how it works. Sorry Kane," she smiles but her eyes are hard as Summer should be, "But Groundskeeper protects all and Summer fights the foes. Swear at a rock, and we can cuss out the rest here."

18. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

"Wyrdstone?"

Clueless new guy was clueless. Didn't they normally do pledges for alliances or something? Circe clarifies a bit more and he still feels a bit lost. At least he knows why Seraphina was touching a wyrd red rock a second ago.

"Roger that. I'll do it now."

Conversation had to wait. The freehold had an expectation of him he hadn't met, though it would have been nice if someone had explained it to the new guy before the mood swing. Hey, summer though. Can't fault them for taking their jobs seriously. Plus it didn't sound like a difficult problem to solve, so if it kept poison vomit in the past tense of possibility it was certainly a priority for Kane.

The newest summer made his way as directed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread