Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Script and word - an accord ?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

Madame McIntyre looked at Helen for a moment.

"I can agree to no Discipline use in Elysium if you get me a meeting where I can question Ruby.
    Camp was nearly killed. I am sure someone could go pick them up from where they are checked into rehab and question them. Likely a Reeve would be the appropriate party to do so.
    What can I tell you about Camp?"
    The Kindred looked at Helen for a minute. "It was a human who was beaten badly. I saw them for about three minutes before the ambulance got there. You would likely want to talk to their potential sire to find out about Camp. That potential Sire could likely go fetch them, if they would undertake the risk of traveling.
    "We have an agreement that we shall meet with Ruby as soon as possible. Do inform me when the meeting will occur.

I believe that covers everything."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"Fair enough. I'll see to that, then and will be in touch."

She looks back at McIntyre.

"Already did. Just don't have his current number, that's why I'm trying to find out where Camp currently is so I can go there and have a chat. You wouldn't happen to know where Camp's currently lodged ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

Madame McIntyre was quiet for a moment, her face thoughtful. When she replied, it was in a courteous manner.
    "No, I am unaware of where Camp would be. I was working with Reeve Slade on locating the missing Ms. Rowland. Odd that the potential Sire would let their investment wander off. Out of control." A pleasant smile. "Not a good look on that Kindred.
    You are the Reeve in this marvelous Domain. Although when I arrived, no one introduced me to you directly."

A confiding tone was used as she leans in slightly.
    "Was the fault for that with the Lady Notary Hazelton?
    Might I inquire who your Deputies are in case I have cause to work alongside them?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen smiles right back. It's a quick one that doesn't quite reach her eyes and drips with diabetes for as long as it lasts.

"I'm sure you guys have people to chip and tag all your lovelies so that sort of stuff doesn't happen."
    She gets more serious again. "Camp had the presence of mind and the toughness to go to ground and make sure those three folks didn't get to come back and finish the job. If you want to call that 'wandering off', I guess you could, but coming from someone whose home domain allows people to mess up ghouls that close to Elysium in public ? Comes across as pretty judgmental."

She folds her arms in front of her chest.

"Pretty antsy to point fingers at people, aren't you, now ? Not a great habit to have in this line of work." Ah well, figures though, after all, Helen knows where that comes from. "It's my fault, I didn't have the job yet when you came here. I don't have deputies yet either, but most folks are helping me out on a case-by-case basis, so if you have a cause to work with someone, make sure you let me know.

Seriously, lay it off with trying to blame people for stuff shit. Anyone hears something like that about my friends or any office holders of this domain and tells me about it, there better be something sizable to support it or you and me are going to have a serious problem with each other."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Chip and tag?" Madame McIntyre looked bemused for a moment.
    "We have accountability. A basic tenant of respect.
    You are asking me for information on Camp. With proper protocol, you should be able to contact the Reeve of the other Domain and have all the information that you require."
    The Invictus Kindred replied, her tone still pleasant and polite.

"Proper introductions are important, Reeve Kingsley. Time went by with me having no idea who the proper official was to approach on the situation to the point where I spoke with the Seneschal and her Grace, the Prince, on the matter. Perhaps the blame was not with the Lady Notary," A disapproving tone entered Madame McIntyre's voice. "-yet it still leads to delay and confusion.
    You are asking me for information, Reeve Kingsley. I am telling you everything that I know, without reservation. I believe that we are done here. I shall arrive tomorrow evening at Elysium for the meeting, as we both agree that this has gone on for far too long."

Madame McIntyre stood. Her ghoul stepped out into the hallway.
    "Reeve."
    The Madame gave a respectful nod of her head.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"As long as there was no Reeve, there was no need for introductions. As soon as it mattered, there was a public announcement, to be known and respected after a week as per domain laws." At this point, everything else looks more and more like a Becky problem to her, not a domain offical problem, really. Also, she's tiring fast of this blame game bullshit. "With the Invictus' famous cooperation and organization, can't have been that much delay and confusion after all."
    As the guests ready themselves for departure, she intercedes.

"One moment. You wouldn't be able to provide some contact information for Reeve Slade, would you ?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"Ah, I was unaware that you were appointed so soon after my arrival. As you rightfully point out, there was no oversight.
    My apologies, Reeve Kingsley.
    If you feel that I have slighted someone, I would like the opportunity to make restitution.
    "Yes I am able to provide the information that you request, Reeve."

The visiting kindred delicately reached into her suit pocket and withdrew a card. It was extended towards Helen.

"I look forward to our meeting, Reeve Kingsley."

A respectable nod of the head was given precisely to the status that Helen had earned. The Ventrue waited further interaction with Helen, unflappable in her polite expression. Invictus ways or Ventrue teachings, one could wonder.

The card was a business card, apparently hand written in elegant print. The information read:
    Reeve Garreth Slade, Priscus of Clan Mekhet
    Address---
    Phone number ----

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen takes the card and studies it.

"We'll see. Also, I don't know what you guys down there teach your people, but where I'm from, the ranking person closes the meeting. Makes your folks look all kinds of stupid, really. Don't disrespect me or my office again, or I'll make a nice little jigsaw puzzle out of you and your Hostewick for Reeve Slade. Think he's good with stuff like that ?"

A rhetorical question, really.

"You're dismissed, I trust you'll find the door on your own. Good night."

Jennifer Hazelton

"As you wish, Reeve.". Another nod of respect.
    The Ventrue waited for a moment, heard the dismissal. A slight bow from the waist and she glided out of the room in lady - like grace

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread