Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Shots in the Dark

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Shots in the Dark)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had spent the early part of the night in front of a mirror, affixing SFX style make up and false skin to cover the horrendous scar. A gift from her Sire.
    1 success

She wasn't planning on galivanting with Kine tonight, yet she also did not want to attract unwanted attention. Jennifer was Blushed. From her research of firearms, she knew scarves and collared jackets were excellent for tracking hot brass expended from firearms. She wore a simple outfit, dressed down, by Jennifer's standard. Black pants, an olive green shirt, a black leather jacket and a patterned scarf. Liam drove the new luxury vehicle to the location Alessandra had passed along. He walked one step beside Jennifer as she strode forward, curious about what learning this skill would be like.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

ooc
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

(-1 Vitae Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It had been quite a few years since the Savage had taught anyone to use a firearm. While she kept up on her own training weekly, it had become sort of a private thing.

But times were changing, and Jenn wanted to learn. And quite frankly, she would rather the Haunt learned from herself personally then someone else. Ale had years upon years of training and practice, and knew her skills were spot on. Others? She didn’t know.

While she would typically go to her spot in the middle of nowhere, she had recently learned that there was a range in Sacramento that allowed one to rent it. Usually this was for birthdays or corporate events, but money was money and she was able to rent it. This meant less attention on her, criminal king pin. She had done all the ordering and payment over the phone.

She arrives in the Torino, as it was less flashy than her Aston, and Gabriel steps out and pops the trunk, ready to carry the gun cases for her. With gun ranges, you never entered with a gun on your person, they were always to be secured in gun cases, magazines separate and unloaded. Easy enough for her. She had three cases, one for her newer guns, a second for her .357’s and then a third for the smallest gun she owned, a 9mm. Each case was locked.

Ale, for her part, was dressed in black pants with a black turtle neck, her hair in a ponytail.

Walking in, Gabriel trailing behind her, she gives her name and gets the reserved lanes. Her boxes were checked, making sure she was abiding by the rules set forth, and she was. She also presented her CC permit, she was legal to carry each of her guns.

Spotting Jenn, she smiles, “Hey Jenn, glad we could get this scheduled.” And she was, knowing the Haunt would be a quick study. “I brought a smaller gun I own for you to try out, the range also rents out guns.” A nod to the wall with numerous guns.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, we have been talking about this for quite awhile! It is good to have it come to fruitation."

Jennifer glanced to the guns on display on the wall. Her eyes trail along the wall for a moment, looking for the ones she would recognize from her research. She was surprised at the variety on offer, and said so.
    "Quite a variety! I will try the smaller firearm that you brought for me, thank you."
    An appreciative nod to the Prince. Jennifer did take a moment to rent ear and eye protection. The kindred purchased some generic targets of a torso and rolled the targets.
    The Nosferatu donned the protection as they walked through the heavy doors that worked to cancel most of the noise on the range.

Jennifer looks over the range elements, calling the clips for the target closer. Jennifer stapled the target into place and sent it out. She pauses, asking.
    "How far out should we start?" Indicating the target.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Gabriel leaves the cases with Ale and walks back out to the car. “It is good we’re finally getting to do this.” Though it had been a while since she had stepped foot into an actual range. Maybe she could have one installed in the house basement. With enough money, anything was possible, and she had the money.

Following the Haunts gaze, she smirks, “Lots to choose from should you decide to try other guns. But I agree, trying the smaller one is always the easiest way to learn. A lot of people jump right to the biggest one they see and get scared when they fire it, having no clue how hold the damn thing.” Laughing. Rookie mistakes, but Jenn was smart.

The Savage had her own safety glasses and ear protection, though she rarely used them when on her own. But rules were rules and she could play nice.

Once they were at the two ranges that had been reserved, Ale places the cases on a table and unlocks them. Jenn would see a 9mm, 2 .357s and 2 .44 magnums, the 9 was taken out and set on the table for Jenn to pick up when she wanted to. An empty clip was then removed and she began placing the ammo into it. Once filled, the clip was set near the gun. Not how she would prefer to do things.

Each gun appeared to be remarkably well cared for.

“For someone learning, 3 yards is typically recommended. The reasons are it will build your confidence, familiarize yourself with the gun and the basic fundamentals, like sighting and alignment, and, well, let you feel the sensation of firing the gun. But that’s what recommended, though some will go for 5 just because they want the distance. Up to you and what you are comfortable with.”

One of the .44’s was taken out and ammo prepared, “When you’re ready, feel free to pick up the 9 and get a feel for it in your hands. You can pick up the others if you want to feel the weight difference. We’ll talk about loading it once you’re ready to shot it.”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, it is. We have wanted to do this for so long." Jennifer agrees as she punches in the keypad to move the target to 3 yards.
    Jennifer took a few moments to examine the 9 mm. She had looked up some information online. Jennifer carefully lifted the 9 mm and kept it positioned down range as she examined it more closely.

"Is this a more common gun?" She inquired. Her eyes did move over the the well maintained firearms in their containers. "You have been working on a collection." She remarked.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She doesn’t load her own gun just yet, deciding to focus on Jenn and teaching her.

“It is.” She says with a nod, “One of the more prolific handguns, a caliber that is the most produced and sold.” Confirms the Savage. “I find it to be the easiest gun to teach with, though I’m sure there are those who would disagree.” Shrugging. “It has a light recoil, best for first time users and it’s easiest to control.”

Holding up one of the .357’s, “These will put a damn big hole in your target, but it has quite a recoil which can be quite startling at first.” And not ideal for first time gun users, then the other, "This," the .44, "is a gun you take out when you don't want to have to reload." you want a big ass hole, you pulled the .44 out.

“I have. The .357’s had been my staple for many years, my go to gun of choice. But I’ve decided to upgrade to the .44’s to try a bit more firepower.” Putting the gun back down.

“So, have you ever fired a gun before?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Ah, I do wonder if I shall procure one. Although I do have the gift of the departed lady, given at the Yacht club." A careful avoiding of Masquerade breaching terms.
    "I would not disagree. I know nothing of the firearms except a few minutes of online research. Those look quite lovely, although I shall not like the recoil, I think. Your idea is a good one. No, I have never fired a gun before. I am open to your advice."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“If you decide you want to get one for self-defense,” because not in a secure location, “I can help if you like. I have a few connections and companies I work with.” Legal and well, not. “I also would recommend a license to carry it. I don’t always carry mine, but when I do, I’m glad I took the time to get my license.” Just made life easier.

A chuckle, “I didn’t think you would, but I brought them in case you wanted to try one. They are also heavy, so they take some getting used to.” She just liked the weight in her hands.

“Well, I don’t want to overwhelm you with too much information right off, we’ll start off basic.” Basic was good. “The three basics are sight, picture and the trigger press. You’ll lean forward at the waist, so that your collar bone is in front of your belly line. People tend to lean back, away from the gun, which can loosen your grip and make the shot go wild.” Never a good thing. “You’ll want to hold it with your dominant hand, and use your other hand to press firmly against the exposed portion of the grip.” Picking up the .357 she shows Jenn. “Now, stance is important, so stand with your feet shoulder width apart and bend your knees slightly, this will allow you to fire the gun with stability.” Again, she shows her, holding her own gun pointed at a target. Once Jenn got her stance, Ale will go into how to aim and how to find her dominant eye.

“Now, when firing the gun, press, don’t pull the trigger. In other words, squeeze the trigger, applying constant, increasing pressure until the gun fires. Squeeze until you start to feel resistance, keep pressing until it fires. One thing, don’t try and anticipate when the gun will fire, you’ll get tense and be more likely to scare yourself. Which can cause all sorts of things, so just let it happen, it’s not that bad, just go with it.” with the direction done, she'll pick up the clip and hand it to Jenn, instructing her how to slide it into the gun.

I don't know the dice pool off hand, sorry it's been AGES since I've had to roll to fire the gun...lol!

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

(Help for firearms skill)Willpower 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listened attentively as Alessandra spoke. "I might take you up on the offer. Although I am not skilled with firearms at the moment, I am considering routine practice at the range. I appreciate the suggestion - we may talk on what tests and red tape were required for the license." Due to the unsecure location that the two Kindred were discussing this, Jennifer made sure not to raise alarms in her response.
    Jennifer shifted the 9 mm. pistol to her right hand, pointing it down range. She studied Alessandra's form for a moment as she described the stance. Jennifer faced forward and focused on her body for a moment. She corrected her stance, focussing on correcting her waist and her stance. Jennifer remained like this for a moment, taking in how it felt and looked so that she could duplicate it later.

Jennifer then studied her grip, ensuring that her hands were placed correctly. Jennifer aimed the gun downrange and practiced looking to find her dominant eye. With the firearm made safe, this seemed like the ideal time to do so. Now that she was confident with these instructions, Jennifer listended as Alessandra instructed Jennifer on inserting the clip into the handgun. Jennifer nods to show she is actively listening and carefully kept her finger from the trigger. She loaded the gun and then carefully racked the slide.
    "Alright lets see how this goes." Jennifer said quietly as she pointed the gun at the target. She took a moment to ensure her stance was correct. When she was ready, she gently squeezed the trigger.

1 success

The bullet hit the target - just barely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread