Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

(A Queen's Coffee Court)Changeling Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The coffee shop Circe had chosen for the meeting had a feature that made it popular with the professional crowds. On both sides of the law no less, for privacy was something to be valued. The booths in the walls didn't quite cancel all noise, but they did dampen the ability of voices to carry far. Quite convenient for a lawyer talking to a client, be they a criminal like Circe or like an embezzeler.

Circe has used it in the past, though she prefers Garden Grounds for quality. But Garden Grounds doesn't have the privacy save for after hours and that wasn't always viable.

The Summer Queen is dressed in her "work" attire at the cafe, with the Summer Brooch on her lapel, and glasses on her face that to Gawain will look like they're made of vines. She'd overheard the staff assume she was in a legal profession, and thus feared overhearing her causing a legal danger. This amused her as she was more a physical danger.

The booth she was in even had the glory of a number, which she'd shared with Gawain so he'd find her more easily. Currently, Circe was sipping coffee and had a small plate of mini cannoli's to snack upon. Which she was as the cannoli here actually WERE competition for Seraphina's place.

She'll probably share.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

Gawain would arrive promptly at the requested time. He wore a black silk button-up patterned in an equally dark paisley design with flared sleeves as well as a matching ascot and black, unpatterned slacks. Between that and the shaded pair of aviators he wore, much of his skin was covered save for his hands and face, which to Circe's eyes were translucent with orange net of nerves visible beneath. Curiously, he also carried a black umbrella with him, despite a lack of precipitation outside.

He had to admit, Circe's choice of location had been quite keen. Coffee shops with good booth seating didn't seem a common occurrence, but it was exactly what the doctor ordered. Numbered booths at that, suddenly the random numbers in their texts made sense. Once that facet comes to light, finding where in the shop he's supposed to meet up is a simple matter.

His contact is probably one of the prettier customers here, though her sharp suit and vine-woven glasses makes Gawain believe he'd think twice before approaching her in any other circumstance. It put the business in business attire. The brooch is a nice touch. A clear sign of affiliations and extra reassurance that she's indeed the person he came here to meet.

"Ah! A suit and tie. Mine apologies, had I known you would be wearing this, I would have donned more formal attire myself." Not that his current clothes were the most casual themselves. He slides across from Circe and sets his umbrella in his lap. "Gawain Avellone, recent arrival to this lovely city. And you are Circe, I presume?"
    Darkling Palewraith, Summer Mantle 1 (Increased humidity)
    Striking Looks 2 (Gothic Chic)

3. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's red pupils scroll up over her black sclera, peering up at the man arrives and it seems he has a lot of nerves. Glowing nerves no less. Eyes move to take in his attire and a umbrella? Hidden sword or just improvised weaponry? Well, it wasn't like Circe was helpless and unable to counter if he tried aught.

Her blue lips curl into a smirk as her addresses her. The lips open to speak in her Italian accent, "If that ain't what I'm known as in the club, then this'll be awkward." She waves to the seat opposite her, "Fortunately fer you, I am me. Probable welcome ta town. And black is good for most occasions. Take a seat, order a drink, have a cannoli."

He'd have only a minor advantage by standing, but best not to have the conversation continue with him standing up. That and she'd get a krick in her neck if he kept standing up the whole time.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

Mien: Translucent flesh through which you can see orange veins coursing through his body. Opaque fish eyes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

"I'm inclined to agree. Which is why I find much of my wardrobe seems to be rather monochrome. But when you find something that works, it makes sense to go with it."

Upon Circe's suggestion, he moved to order an espresso before sitting across from her with his umbrella tucked in the corner of the booth. He gingerly picked up one of the small desserts and took a bite out of it, finding them to his liking.

"Mmm! Fine choice. Might need to order some myself instead of simply sampling off your plate. Though I must apologize if you would've preferred a more open bar meeting. I find I tend to operate the graveyard shift these days. I didn't want to impose my schedule on yours, though. I was actually quite glad you offered a caffeinated meeting as an option."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's estimation of him improves as he doesn't disdain the cannoli. If he'd done that, she'd have judged him. "Coffee is always a good choice," she nods her approval and signals for a refill of her own when Gawain orders his drink.

"Privacy for club business was my main concern," she clarifies to him. Her Italian accent adds a warmth to her voice and she is rather calm in her explanation, "Coffee merchants tend ta be more open then places with bartenders. Less private function rooms. And ya don't know the club speak ta talk about club business in public," she shrugs and grabs another cannoli. Her speech is paused to nibble. "So, no blatant club business, especially outside the park and all its thorns. Club speak instead. That said," puts down the cannoli, turning her red and black eyes upon Gawain. She has her only one hand on the table, eyes narrowed and focused upon him, as she sharply inhales. "So," her face turns friendly as she gives Gawain an angelic smile, "How may I help you?'

Appearing a little bipolar? Maybe, but it was fun to her.

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

If he parsed her meaning correctly, the idea was to keep things covert. This booth was slightly secluded, but not so much that their voices couldn't carry and they could speak freely. Overt discussion wasn't an option, so they would need to veil everything in metaphor. Basically... standard procedure, but he supposed it was better to say and not need it than to need it and not say it.

"Right. Well, I purchased an apartment within the city and wanted to introduce myself to the club branch here. Some heads are a bit ornery about likeminded people being in the city without their approval." He couldn't say where Circe fell in regards to her thoughts on freeloaders, or whatever the terminology for that would be. Even if he wasn't meeting her due to Court affiliations, it may have been her showing up at his door with a headsman's axe and an ultimatum. "And experience shows that trying to go about things alone is a poor idea. So if I want to keep my head, both literally and figuratively, it pays to pay my dues."

"Beyond that I don't think... well, no, there might be something. Is anyone here skilled in forging documents?"

8. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, membership has its advantages and conducting business to benefit from it without paying dues is frowned upon," she nods in agreement, "Glad we didn't have any business conflicts," Circe nods her approval at Gawain with a thumbs up, "Props ta ya fer good initiative."

That question though got a start from Circe. It amuses her that he was asking the right person this question, albeit not for that reason. "Forging? With copper, aluminum bottles, or scraps ya find in the park then I'm yer lady. Code ta make a program function when it shouldn't any longer? That too. I've quite the skill set."

She lowers her voice and leans forward across the table. Being a Fairest in a tight suit could make that awkward for onlookers or Gawain, "Fer personal records though? That isn't my forte. But, I know the mundies that are able ta do that. How were ya planning ta pay might I ask?"

Because keeping a Freeholder from the bad kind of debt was a part of security work as Groundskeeper.

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

A pretty girl like her knowing how to operate an actual forge? Color him surprised. He supposed it was an apt lesson on making assumptions about others based of appearance or gender. Or Kith, for that matter, as he'd never have pegged a Fairest to be the one working the bellows of a forge.

Gawain can't help but notice as Circe leans across the table how her fitted suit highlights her figure and briefly strains against the chest, which purely by happenstance is being thrust towards his face. It was not his intent to leer, but he catches himself watching just below where his eyes should be and he pointedly looks away with a slight flushing of the cheeks. Which is regrettably quite noticeable when your face literally lacks color.

"I've made sure to accumulate some funds before moving here. All my problems began when I went bankrupt, so ensuring I had a monetary surplus before embarking on any large task was one of the first things I thought to fix about myself."

"Though if your forging extends to materials a little more durable than copper, I might have a commission in mind. Not a necessity, mind, but... I'm not above grabbing something just because I think it's cool."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, either Gawain had a tendency to have glowing spots under his skin or Fairest's common power was affecting him. Given past folks had star systems, oily skin, and giant ears the former was still a possibility. It does help that the suit is cut to emphasize certain features and not the shoulder holster.

"Having a sizeable war chest is important," she nods as she leans back into a proper sitting position. "Always take care of the chest," she winks before continuing, "I know some folks. They can do that kinda high detail work. Expensive and banks don't give loans fer it," she smirks, "So avoid the sharks on that. Don't be like that idiot that got his legs broke over little plastic figurines."

"What, ya want a wizard's staff? Battle axe? A mighty shield," Circe is singing this part for some reason, "To which all you foes must yield," she is grinning manically right now, "Oh ho ho ho ho!" And drawing attention, "Though if yer full metal cosplay? I CAN do that if ya follow one, no, two important rules Sir Gawain," yes she went there. "Do not fall down. You won't be able ta get back up. Two, supply the scraps and coffee bribe. I am susceptible to coffee as bribe, totes true, coffee lets ya rule the world."

The amusement starts to fade as she has other questions to ask him. Groundskeeper questions, "So? Club question now. How'd ya describe yerself? Are ya mostly giddy, tempermental, kinda scary, cold, or just mellow? Were ya hoping ta have the club as a job or just a side hustle?"

Striking Looks
    (Gothic Chic)
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    New Identity
    (Gawain Avellone)
    Gawain Avellone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Palewraith

Damn, and she knew he'd been looking to. At least she wasn't offended. If a little light ribbing was the worst he received for his moment of indiscretion, that was probably the best outcome.

"I can spare up to a grand, provided I don't mind eating instant ramen for a month. If that won't cover it, then I'll need to look into increasing your- MY war chest, damn it." Great, now she was in his head. If this kept up, his first impression would just be a lust-addled horndog.

"Funny you should mention that. A mighty shield to which all must yield is sort of what I had in mind."
    If this was a reference to something, he didn't get it, but her manic enthusiasm was infectious in its own way. If a bit attention-getting. He momentarily looks around to see how many people her cackling is drawing the eyes of.

"Right. Back to business. I'd say temperamental is an apt word for it. I'm not prone to outbursts, but if someone draws my ire, best for them to get their affairs in order. As far as my involvement goes... could I occupy a nice medium? What I'm looking to do is join the police force. Put what I've learned away from home to noble cause. However, I'm sure the Club could use a man on the inside. And up until then, and even afterwards, I need to keep my skills sharp and want to be of use to my new friends. After all, what's more noble than protecting one's home?"

13. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread