Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

(2303) Sanctuary

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

2. Likes liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira headed in with a bag under her arm of chocolate croissants and a tray of drip coffee's with a separate bag for all the flavored goodies you could want. She even had honey in there and those super cool rock candy stir sticks! Leave it Moira to find something funky even for just coffee.

Moira was dressed casually with a thin black turtleneck with a white undertee and a plaid skirt and some chuky boots. Her hair was down for once, but she looked pretty much the same. Just maybe a little tired.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

The sound of something heavy-ish dragging greeted Moira. And after a few moments the backside of Witch came into view. It was clear that she was causing the sound as she was pulling a bookshelf behind her into the open gathering area.

The smell of coffee hit her nose and she paused her activity to glance behind her. Spotting Moira she grinned a hello.

”Hi- looks like you are planning to make friends today.” She quipped, noting the more than one cup in Moira’s hands.

5. Likes liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira perked up and chuckled a little watching Witch pull the shelf in. "Oh wow.. you need any help with that?" She asked eyeballing the shelf and hesitating slightly before jumping in. They didn't know one another that well yet, and she might not want her sticky paws all over her stuff.

It was obvious by the way her muscles coiled that she was eager to help, but still she waited on what Witch wanted anyway.

"Yeah.. I figured I'd bring in something nice for those who showed. I couldn't make it before, soooo I thought I'd bring the food and beverage this go around!"

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"A gesture no doubt appreciated," she said as she straightened fully to stretch out.

"And sure! I was thinking it would fit over there," she pointed to an area against a wall that was clear and showed signs of recently being swept. "The idea of starting a library was brought up last month. I know it's only one bookcase, but gotta start somewhere, right?" she explained as she waited for Moira to set the coffee's down and help.

The shelf wasn't overly heavy, but it was awkward, and she had dragged it from the Guardian's section. She was not going to say no to help for the last 10 feet.

Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira quickly set the coffe down, and wiped her hands real quick on some napkins, before coming over and grabbing the opposing end. She raised the end, and began to move backwards, occasionally glancing behind her.

"That's a cool idea! I love it! Hmmm I wonder what I should bring? Maybe a book on the Greek References of the Fates!" She said ethusiasm. "What do you wanna bring to read?"

"Oh and the coffee has all the fixings in the other bag! I hope you like chocoalte croissants too!"
    They were her favorite. It was her high metabolism.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch nodded, ”I agree. Though I’ll admit it wasn’t mine.” Careful to not move too quickly with Moira on the other end she shuffled forward until they got it to the indicated spot.

A chuckle, ”I have a couple books looking for a new home that I will bring in next time. And I am in fact not one of the rare individuals who does not like chocolate.”

After making a final adjustment to the alignment of the bookshelf with the wall she moved to the indicated bag and pulled out a croissant.

”Thank you,” she said taking a bite before looking to survey and do a last check on if she liked where the shelf sat.

”So- up to anything fun lately?”

Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You did further the idea by bringing the book case tho!" She said with a grin. Moira's naturally bubbly personality coming out.

"WHEW!" She exclaimed! "I am so glad! Or this would have been a shit idea!" She said with a good natured laugh and dug into one of those buttery, flaky, chocolate, bread.

She thought a moment but shrugged. "Not really. I have been grinding pretty hard at work. We are in crunch right now, which means super long hours." She sighed. "I'm glad I work from home all but two days a week or I wouldn't get any sleep with commuting."

11. Bump Xander "Bump" this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She wasn't entirely sure that dragging a single bookcase out of one section to another really ought to count for that much, but she wasn't going to argue it. Instead, she mentally confirmed that the location was good and turned her attention fully to Moira.

Wrinkling her nose she shook her head, "Nope, that definitely doesn't sound like fun at all. You guys expecting the crunch to go on for a while or is there a light at the end of the tunnel?" Taking another bite she had to admit that the pastry was a rather nice treat post bookshelf move.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Conversation fell into an easy back and forth about work and workloads. Generic and mundane but it gave an excuse for seconds on pastries.

And eventually the two mages went their separate ways.

Xander - Can you please close this thread? Combo of hitting the month mark and Pisces departure means it's ready to go to gray.

+ Reply to Thread