Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

“Yes. I have spent most of my time traveling. I didn’t have much time to commit to a club.” She paused for a moment with a coy smile. “My superior was very forthcoming with modes of address for various executives in this branch.” She could tell why he was surprised. She didn’t have any of those hiccups thanks to Jack. She bit her lip slightly with a light laugh to the last. Not pressing that right now, but still showing she heard him and shared his sentiments.

She laughed heartily at the pub comment. “They even have commemorative mugs! A true beer stein. It’s cool enough there aren't any bugs, thank goodness! Though the flip top on these things would solve that potential problem. I think I might keep it!” She said brightly.

Then he offered her his hand, and she paused for a moment to marvel at this simple welcoming gesture. Traveling from Domain to Domain she had never dared to let another Kindred get close enough to touch. The only exceptions had been Ventrue or the other Adrestoi. It was lonely, but she had learned a harsh lesson once, and she never forgot it. All of this occurred within the space of an eyeblink perhaps, and she took his hand. Laying hers into his lightly. Warmth greeting warmth. She kept his body language in her peripheral vision at all times. Trust but verify.

2 successes

Adeline was happy with the way they moved together. It was not structured, nor was there any choreography that she usually would use for a performance in a Court. A currency she had used several times in exchange for operating and hunting in different Domains. It was a bit of spontaneous fun that had been so rare in Adeline’s dance thus far, that it felt like the same rush she got when she was on the midnight roads. Freedom. It felt like freedom. She relished this moment because who knew when she would get another one like it?

She too noted Priscus Baker. Music lover, and apparently one who liked Guinness and Scotch-Irish whiskey! After Edward and Adeline had finished their first dance, instead of endeavoring for another, she nodded her head in the direction of Priscus Baker and more drinks! “Match me shots, Edward!” She said with a wicked grin, and picked up her stein and assuming he was headed with her, they came up upon Priscus Baker. Her beast wanted to rip his head off his shoulders, but it passed.

“Good evening, Dr. Baker! It’s so nice to see you again. I am ready for some more libation!” She signaled the bartender, and ordered a line of shots of Jameson Irish Whiskey. The Lord was determined to have a good time. “The chill in the evening air will soon be only a memory with some good whiskey!” She said with that playful lilt in her tone.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al looked up and noticed that the two had noticed him and were coming to join him which was more than welcome at the moment, as it'd stop him from dwelling on the past.

"Good evening, Miss Martin. Good evening, Mr. Heinrich. It is nice to see you, though it is unexpected. As is how... intense Saint Patricks Day is celebrated here in the States compared to Dublin or Birmingham."

Raising his glass he smiled.

"Hear, hear."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward laughed. "Bet." He felt weird hearing himself say it, but he knew how he usually talked: stilted, ostentatious. Learning and reacting to slang fluidly was important. I'll focus on that.

Edward let Adeline lead the charge in greetings. He smiled at the Shadow and greeted him with: "Dr. Baker! Please, out of the office, call me Edward."

The bartender was fast, pouring without stopping between glasses, whiskey spilling on the already sticky surface of the bar. Edward raised his glass.

"To health." And he downed it. That's a bit stiff of me.

"True." Edward agreed with Albert. "They like it big here. Both have their charms." It would be nice to go back to Dublin for it one year. Being Kindred made that a challenge. I could rent a private jet. Even if he could afford it, Edward would prefer to put that money into real estate or any appreciating asset instead of burning it on idle pleasures.

But, that wasn't a thought for a night of celebration. To get back into it, Edward let his stream conciousness flow a little.

"It's cool to see you, Dr. Baker; you're about the last person I'd expect here. I guess it shows how I'm still judging books by their covers. Took you more for a whiskey bar than pub crawl type. Not that I'm any different, Adeline and I were just discussing how rarely we get out to these kind of events. Another shot?"

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread