Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

(Grand Reopening!)Glamour 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

For the loyal customers of Garden Grounds, the time had finally arrived! The coffee shop was reopening after being closed for renovations!

And they would walk in and see the owner, Sarah, had not spared any expenses in what she had done! Gone were the smaller tables and chairs, replaced with repurposed tables, bigger, and more rustic looking. The regular chairs were replaced with reupholstered arm chairs, some with arms, some without. There was even some couches now! Perfect for those larger groups or even study groups, arranged comfortably around lower coffee tables, also redone, but still a bit beat up.
    The wisteria is still hanging from the ceiling, with fairy lights hidden among the blooms, but there is less. Instead there are exposed beams, lights intertwined.

All in all, it was a more cozy and welcoming space. Some how appearing more spacious without being a larger space, amazing what well placed furniture can do! The patio was closed, still too cold in the owners mind to open for customers.

But with it being a Grand Reopening, there were specials on the various coffees and treats, and it had been busy all day! Now, with it being evening, the crowd had died down a bit, but there was still a good amount of people enjoying coffee and whatnot.

Sera could be found near the front counter, laughing with staff and customers, who just seem drawn to her. Her laugh was musical in sound, her smile genuine to everyone she talked to. This night she was dressed in a fitted suede wrap skirt with a slit, showing off long and toned legs, the top was a wrap as well, tying in the back, but was cream in color. Her long hair cascaded down her shoulders, left down with gentle romantic waves. The only jewelry was a wedding ring on her left hand and she wore no makeup, it wasn’t needed.
    Last edited by Seraphina; Feb 16th, 2023 at 03:42 PM.  Reason for Edit: Harden Mask
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes , , , liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit couldn't miss the re-opening of Seraphina's shop for several reasons. Politeness and politics aside, she was among the few Lost still in Sacramento he shared something like a connection with. And yes, maybe there was a hint of shame, the feeling that he somehow owed her.

He dressed with the most presentable clothes he still had available: a black button-down shirt and sturdy, albeit plain, jeans. Even though this was a celebration for spring the Ogre still wore his windbreaker. To have some constant with him. He carried a small basket with an arrangement of late Spring flowers. It wasn't much - frankly, he suspected it would pale in comparison to her own style of decoration - but if anyone appreciated the thought behind gestures like this, it was It was the Queen of Desire.
    Walking into the coffee shop, the changes were striking and almost overwhelming. For a few moments, Gerrit could only stand there and watch how different everything looked. It was her voice, that unmistakable and enchanting sound, that took him out of his awe. The atmosphere felt.. joyous. Happy. Yes, that was definitely what she deserved.

A big, appreciative smile appeared on the Stonebone's face as he made his way to the proud owner. "Hello Sarah. Wow, I couldn't have pictured it any better!" The excitement in his voice was unusual, but seeed genuine. "You really outdid yourself. Here, just a little something to honor the re-opening." With that he handed her the flowers and introduced himself to any other members of the staff or costumers that might stick around - he was the one who was late, after all. "I hope you are proud of what you did. You definitely can be!"

4. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

It was easy to spot the newly crowned King of Sorrow, aside from the crown, it was the way his Mantle affected the area around him. Like the crisp clearness of a winter’s morning. It was something to special see.

When he approached, she offers him a warm smile, “Hi Gerrit, thank you! I was hoping it would feel more open and warmer.” she was quite proud of how it had turned out, and, well, the turn out of her customers. Seeing the flowers, she puts her cup down, accepting them, “Oh they are beautiful! Thank you so much, how thoughtful!” turning, she moves a vase of fresh roses, a gift from her husband, and places the basket front and center. She wanted her customers to be able to see the arrangement and ask about it, so she could direct them to Gerrits shop.

“Can I get you something? Unfortunately, I haven’t changed up the menu, though I have added a couple new teas if you’re interested.” Sliding a menu towards him. “And how’ve you been?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"It does. To be honest, I hardly recognize the place anymore." Gerrit gave the room another look, as if he needed to process the change. If Seraphina wanted to impress people, this Ogre certainly fit the bill. "You know, I think I'll have a coffee. Black. Might as well try something new to for the occasion." He gave her a small grin and slid the menu back to her. Traditions were important, but sometimes you had to let go of things. Plus, the coffee was supposed to be really good here.

"I suppose your husband is busy?" Seemed like a safe bet. But why was nobody else here? Maybe they have dropped by earlier. Seraphina seemed to be cheerful enough, so that must be it. "I'm doing pretty well. I have cleaned up at Rosie's and got it open again. Got some other things in order. It still feels a bit weird, like I'm coming home after taking a vacation or something." He shrugged a little. "Does that make any sense? How about you? How are you?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Hearing what he said seemed to be what she wanted to hear, “Perfect!” because she was a different person now then when she originally opened. “Oh? Changing it up! I like it!” and sets to work on the coffee, which didn’t take long. Placing it in front of him, “Did you want to have a seat?” while there was a small crowd, there were a few open tables.

There was a brief sigh, then a laugh, “He is always busy.” But it didn’t bother her. “I’m sure you can understand work has it’s busy seasons and slow ones, this just happens to be a busy one.” And she didn’t sound upset or anything, it was just the life of two Monarchs. But she was pretty sure him and Gerrit would be talking at some point. The sudden appearance of a crown could make even the most occupied come out. Sapphires widen with happiness at the news, "That’s wonderful to hear! I’ll have to stop by soon then.” Then a more solemn nod, “In a way, it does make sense. I think we all need that chance to just step away and regroup ourselves, look at what’s going on and what we truly want. And I know I’m glad you decided what you wanted included coming back. Maybe Sacramento has become a type of home for you.” Not exactly home, because she wasn’t sure how he felt about that, but something about it called him back.

“I can’t really complain, glad the revamp is finally done and I can relax a bit.” Only a bit, because Spring was rapidly approaching and she was already in the process of planning. “But my online business has been going quite well, which has been exciting!” was it possible for her to not be doing something? No, no it wasn’t.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

8. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Thank you. Sitting sounds great, if you are able to join me." He didn't want to keep her from doing her job as a host.

Once at the place, Gerrit tried the coffee. It was surprisingly mild, a good transition if there was any. He voiced his appreciation with a grumbly 'mmh' before carrying on the conversation. "Oh yes, I totally understand." Although what did Rhodes do for a living? Gerrit wasn't quite sure he knew. Or maybe Seraphina was talking about the other work? Going after Anne?

Bloodshot eyes gleamed with acknowledgement when Seraphina talked about taking a step back. "Exactly. And I couldn't have put it better: it is a type of home. It's a matter of working to make yourself a place to call home. And finding the right people." Although that one stung a bit - a lot of the 'right people' left Sacramento, left him.

2 successes

Gerrit's beaten face didn't betray him. It remained wistfully optimistic. "I am glad to hear that. Remind me - what is your business online again?" He thought he remembered something, but it was better to ask directly instead of embarrassing himself by guessing and assuming. "Also, please don't laugh: isn't it somewhat.. dangerous to be so readily present online?" Be it his age or his personality - the Onyx was not very knowledgeable when it came to those things. And while he was pretty sure that the Fae were even less likely to have an online-presence, he couldn't help wondering.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

“Of course!” technically, she didn’t have to be behind the counter, but she loved talking with the customers. Grabbing her cup and a plate, filled with a variety of cookies, muffins and other treats, she walks over.

“Funny thing, is now I can get on his case for always working.” Not that she really did, but she totally could! “I’m ready for Summer to get here, seems to be the only time to really relax.” And maybe take a vacation.

A sip and nod, “I’ve never been able to figure out what it is about the city that makes it feel like home. I’ve moved around a lot before I got here, and once I was here, it just felt like I would be making it a home and putting roots down.” A gentle smile to the Winter, “I’m glad you’ve found that. It can be a scary, but exciting feeling.” Especially for them. “And sometimes it takes the right people to make things, well, make sense.” Or sometimes the wrong ones.

“Oh, I sell my dress designs online, the site is Etsy. I had wanted to open another shop, but knew it would mean taking on way too much, so online was the easiest way. I can sell what I have, shut down for a couple months, and come back with new designs. Debating doing commissions, but that might be a more seasonal thing.” When her scheduled allowed it. Chuckling, “Max is happy because there is room in the closets.” Though she always filled them again. Thinking for a second, “Hmmm, I suppose it could be. But I have an online name I use, as well as a post office box to keep things safer.” Maybe she needed a second identity, couldn’t hurt. Maybe she’d call Circe.

But this wasn't all about her, and it was starting to feel that way. "Have you thought have maybe having a small gathering as a welcome back?"
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Stats:

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes
     Imbue Wyrdstone, 
      to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent walked out of his room and entered the coffee shop. He looked around and saw Sera as well as a new guy talking with her. He approached the two of them, "Hello Sera, and I believe we have not met, the name is Vincent, and I am sort of new to town. And you would happen to be?" he asked as he reached out for a handshake. "Hey Sera hope you would not mind making me a coffee?"
    "Speech"
    Thoughts

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

A low rasp that constituted a polite chuckle escaped Gerrit's throat. Seraphina took pride in all aspects of her relationship with Rhode's and the King of Sorrow wanted to let her know that he knew. Delightful. "You are right. Although I think I will focus a little less on specific people for now. For everyone who decides to take Sacramento as their home there seem to be three who think it's better to move on." And ultimately he could only work on how he took those farewells. Gerrit drank a bit more coffee.

"Ah yes. I remember you gifting Anatole a new suit - you seem to have quite the talent. Glad that that is working out for you." And the way she described it, it seemed like there were a few precautions in place. Gerrit nodded slightly. "I see. Well, I don't want to spoil your enthusiasm. You seem to have your bases covered." And maybe just reminder her of possible pitfalls was good enough.

He was just about to answer her question when someone else joined them. A beast, by the looks of it. Gerrit kept himself from frowning at the nonchalance this Vincent displayed - was Seraphina okay with not being called Sarah in public? Was any sort of acknowledgement of the crown necessary? At the end of the day this was not the time and place for Lost politics and the Stonebones was not sure if he wanted to be especially acknowledged as Monarch. Hence, his bruised face remained open and neutral as he shook the Beast's hand. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Gerrit." Blodshot eyes moved over to the soon-to-be reigning Queen. Would she make the coffee herself or ask one of the people working here to do it so she could stay here?

Although he knew that the Fairest didn't want to flaunt her status either, the way Vincent was talking with her either cemented his attitude towards Lost titles or showed a great deal of familiarity. "So, how long have you been here now? Is the city treating you well?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Seeing Vincent, a smile and wave was offered. Glancing to Gerrit, she decides to let him introduce himself.

Putting her cup down, “Sure! The usual?” she asks, standing, waiting for his answer before moving back to the counter.

Returning with the coffee, she hands it to Vincent, sits, and looks to Gerrit again, “That’s is true,” a brief look of sadness, she had lost friends over the years. “I think focusing on you and what makes you happy and feel comfortable is more important.” Other relationships can follow.

A happy nod, “I did! And it seems time you and I sit down and design something for you.” If she was being honest, she already had a few ideas brewing. “Thank you! It’s a passion I’ve discovered over the years, had a good friend introduce me to making dresses and it’s just taken off.” She missed Mhairi greatly. A shake of her head, “You’re not, your words were a good reminder that we live in a dangerous world.” Both Mundane and Lost.

After Gerrit introduced himself, “Vincent is staying in one of the rooms upstairs.” Taking another sip of her coffee and picking up a muffin.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread