Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Forten's Illusion: Counter-Evangelism

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

It takes several nights, and more sheets of paper than Conner thought; but at last Conner crafts a duplicate version of the report of the earlier investigation into Forten. But with this duplicate there are certain omissions: most notably any reference to the victims being Kindred prey, instead focusing on the exsanguination being from an unknown entity similar to a Chubacrabra. The number of victims, any reference to their names and relevant backgrounds, that was unchanged.

Conner also removes any reference to named Kindred who assisted in the investigation, instead making reference to unnamed plainclothes police officers whose names were redacted for security reasons who masterminded the stakeout of the antique shop, the capture and interrogation of the ghoul (whose name and origins where also altered), and including the feline cryptid as a misunderstood curiosity rather than a known supernatural being. Conner then peppered in "notations" as if he'd scribbled down his thoughts as the secondary source, commenting on the possible but not confirmed supernatural nature of the crime.

After compiling this, Conner puts the fabricated report into a secure folder and arranges a package delivery to Lottie. He includes a letter with the package...

L,

Inside is a copy of all the notes I've taken for this investigation. Most of the groundwork was done by Sacramento PD with my own notes as supplement and filling in any 'weird' gaps. Remember what we discussed about Forten; handle with caution and let me know if you find anything. I'm grateful for your assistance in this.

C
    Seryna

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Jennifer Hazelton

A note comes back quickly:
    When is this from? Have you questioned the police officers, or are you going off the reports?
    I've never heard of this creature. I'll look at my books tomorrow morning and get back to you.
    I have an invite to an auction that Maschio is hosting. It's in three days, at 9 PM.
    I had coffee with him this morning and asked him if he's heard of anything weird going on, weird murders. He said he read a newspaper of someone being found in Wrangler bar.
    He looked me in the eye. Yet I feel like he's hiding something.
    Do you want to go to the auction with me?
    -Lottie

3. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Conner pens a response back, making note of the new information Lottie relays. Especially the new locations.

These reports are from a few months back. Regrettably, any attempts at interviewing the police were met with skepticism. This auction sounds like a good lead. I'd definitely like to take a look there.

Jennifer Hazelton

A letter arrives for Conner:

That's unfortunate, I would love to know what the police think. I looked in my book and found only some superstition about cats and babies. Have you read these theories?
    I am curious in the auction. I told Maschio that I would be bringing a friend.
    He's giving me a auction list tonight.
    I will be sending it to you. Can you pick me up at the coffee shop at (address)?
    - Lottie

6. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner sends a letter back...

I have. Disturbing to think about. Though I can't imagine what young families and parents in the know would be thinking. I'd be afraid to be outside at night.
    I've heard of the place. Sounds like a good plan. I'll meet you there and we can head straight to the auction.
    Here's to future adventures.
    -Conner

+ Reply to Thread